About the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS
A versatile zoom for all occasions
A versatile zoom for all occasions
Perfect for landscapes, portraits, and everything in between, this 24-200mm zoom could be your go-to lens for your Sony E-mount mirrorless camera. It's ideal for travel, when you want to capture a range of subjects but need to pack light.
Great photos anywhere, anytime, rain or shine
Dust- and moisture-resistant construction makes this lens great for outdoor shooting in any weather. And Sony's optical image stabilization system ensures sharp handheld images at longer focal lengths, slower shutter speeds, or in low light.
- lens type: E-mount full frame (FE)
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 24-240mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 36-360mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- precision linear motor for quiet, precise focusing
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) and 5 aspherical lens elements for better sharpness and contrast
- minimum focus distance: 1.64'
- lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- 7-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- includes lens hood and front and rear lens caps
- lens is 3-1/4" in diameter and 4-3/4" long
- weight: 27.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL24240
What's in the box:
- FE24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS zoom lens
- 72mm Front lens cap (installed)
- E-mount rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH136 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fren/Span)
- Operating Instructions (2 additional copies in multiple languages)
- Precautions Before Using booklet
- Limited Warranty (US+Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS
Overview: The Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS is a full frame (35mm) wide angle-to-telephoto zoom lens that is ideal for portrait, landscapes, and architecture photography, as well as everyday snapshots. With a wide 10x zoom range, this single lens can cover a wide range of subjects and situations that normally require multiple lenses, allowing you to leave many of your lenses at home. The SEL24240 has a 7-blade circular aperture to provide a smooth bokeh effect (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, and a lens hood.
Compatibility: The SEL24240 has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with full frame (35mm) image sensors, but can be used on APS-C sensor equipped cameras in a crop mode.
Lens Construction: The lens features 17 lens elements in 12 groups. This includes 5 aspherical elements, and two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements.
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): Sony's Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization gives you stable, blur-free images, even at slower shutter speeds or when you're zoomed in all the way. At high zooms, even the slightest hand movement can cause blurring and distortion. The lens does have an OSS switch; Optical SteadyShot must be turned on or off in the menu of the connected camera.
Lens Hood: The SEL24240 comes with the petal-shaped ALC-SH136 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. The lens hood adds approximately 1-5/8" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 24-240mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 36-360mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5 (W) f/6.3 (T)
- Minimum Aperture: f/22 (W) f/40 (T)
- Angle of View: 84°-10° (35mm), 61°-6°50' (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.64' (at 24mm), 2.63' (at 240mm)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.27x
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 3.162", Length 4.882" (5.306" with lens caps)
- Weight: 27.6 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?