- 35mm f/1.4 wide-angle prime lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 52.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating reduces lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color
- dust- and moisture-resistant design for shooting in adverse environmental conditions
- 3 aspherical lens elements, including 1 AA (advanced aspherical) element for better image sharpness and contrast
- new DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) system for fast, accurate focus
- aperture ring with click switch allows intuitive aperture control for photographers and videographers
- minimum focus distance: 0.98'
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 8 elements in 12 groups
- 9 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, and case
- filter/attachment size: 72mm
- lens is 3-1/8" in diameter and 4-7/16" long
- weight: 22.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL35F14Z
What's in the box:
- FE35mm F1.4 ZA (SEL35F14Z) lens
- 72mm Front lens cap (installed) Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH137 Lens hood
- Soft storage pouch
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using
- Limited Warranty (US and Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
- Inspection certification
More details on the Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
Overview: The Sony Zeiss Distagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA wide angle prime lens is ideal for portrait, landscapes, and architecture photography, as well as everyday snapshots. The bright F1.4 maximum aperture is designed to give you clear images in low light situations. The SEL35F14Z lens has a 9-blade circular aperture to provide a smooth bokeh effect (defocused background points of light) for more artistic compositions. The lens comes with front and rear lens caps, lens hood, and a soft leatherette storage pouch.
Compatibility: The SEL35F14Z has a Sony E-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the E-mount. It works best with cameras with a 35mm full frame image sensor, but can work with APS-C sensor equipped cameras, too. On an APS-C camera, it has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 52.5mm.
Zeiss T* Coating: The lens has the Zeiss T* (T-star) coating on the lens surface to reduce flare, ghosting, and reflections that degrade overall image quality. Zeiss lenses deliver outstanding color reproduction and contrast for a deep, three-dimensional feel.
Lens Construction: This Sony lens design features 12 lens elements in 8 groups. Three aspherical elements, including one precision Sony AA (advanced aspherical) element, make your images sharp and clear from corner-to-corner.
Direct Drive SSM: The SEL35F14Z lens provides fast, accurate, and quiet autofocusing. The built-in Direct Drive Super Sonic Motor (DDSSM) precisely positions the full-frame focus element group without a sound, making it ideal for movie shooting, as well as for still images.
Focus Modes: The lens has no focus mode switch, meaning you must set the focus mode on the camera. There are three ways to focus:
- Auto Focus: When the camera is set to Auto Focus, the camera focuses automatically. Depending upon the camera setting, the auto focus could be continuous or only when the shutter release is pressed halfway.
- Direct Manual Focus: With the camera set to Auto Focus, you can make fine focus adjustments manually by rotating the focus ring on the lens.
- Manual Focus: When the camera is in Manual Focus mode, you can focus by rotating the focus ring on the camera while looking through the viewfinder.
Aperture Ring: The FE35mm F1.4 ZA lens has an F1.4 to F16 aperture range that is adjusted using the aperture ring. When the apeture ring is set to "A", the camera is set to auto iris mode and the exposure is set by the camera. You can manually adjust the amount of light entering the lens by rotating the aperture ring.
Aperture Click Switch: The lens has an aperture ring that gives you tactile feedback when you rotate the ring from one aperture setting to another. These "clicks" can be turned off, if desired, when shooting movies so they won't be picked up by the camera's microphone. The Aperture Click Switch is located on the lens barrel.
Lens Hood: The SEL35F14Z comes with the petal-shaped ALC-SH137 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. When not in use, the lens hood can be reverse-mounted on the lens. When mounted, the lens hood adds approximately 1-1/2" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 35mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 52.5mm
- Mount: Sony E-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/16
- Aperture Design: 9-blade circular
- Angle of View: 63° (35mm), 44° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.76"
- Maximum Magnification: 0.18x
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.646", Length 3.671" (4.163" with lens caps)
- Weight: 22.3 ounces