About the Sony SEL55210 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3
Stop. You've arrived.
Stop. You've arrived.
We've been there. When you first start taking photography seriously — when it first starts taking tentative steps from being an interest to being a passion — you're going to find yourself outdoors with your favorite "everyday" lens, and you're going to feel left short. When you move from an intimate, indoor setting to the expanse of the outdoors, you need a lens that can negotiate all that extra space. That's when you'll be browsing zooms online, and it's why you're lucky you've landed here, right now: this SEL55210 zoom lens is a great choice for anyone with a Sony E-mount mirrorless camera. With its impressive reach and optical image stabilization, you'll find yourself composing tight, compressed perspective shots you simply couldn't get before. You'll have another arrow in your artistic quiver. And you'll feel confident while capturing images, knowing you've got another tool for making great work.
The SEL55210 has 2 aspheric surfaces and 2 extra-low dispersion elements inside the zoom assembly. What this means for you is razor-sharp focus with a minimum of color fringing or smearing. A quiet focus motor makes this a great lens for videography, too.
- 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3
- effective focal length: 82.5-315mm with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- SteadyShot® optical image stabilization enables slower shutter speeds for better performance in lower light
- minimum focus distance: 38-1/2"
- minimum aperture: f/22-32
- lens construction: 9 groups, 13 elements
- two aspherical lens elements and two extra-low dispersion glass elements for excellent sharpness with minimal chromatic aberration and color bleeding
- filter/attachment size: 49mm
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter, 4-1/2" long
- weight: 12.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- MFR # SEL55210
What's in the box:
- SEL55210 E55-210mm 4.5-6.3 OSS lens (silver)
- 49mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH115 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using
- Warranty Sheet
Sony SEL55210 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL55210 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3
Overview: The Sony SEL55210 is an E55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS wide-range zoom lens designed for use with Sony α NEX-series cameras. Its 55-210mm focal length range is equivalent to 82.5-315mm in 35mm photography, which is ideal for sports or nature shooting.
Compatibility: The lens has an E-mount, which is compatible with Sony α NEX-series cameras.
Note: Using this lens on a full-frame camera may result in vignetting -- causing the corners of the image to become darker than the center.
ED Glass: The SEL55210 has two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements which helps suppress chromatic aberration and color bleeding at all focal lengths, providing excellent image quality throughout the zoom range.
Internal Focusing: Internal focusing makes smooth, responsive auto-focusing possible with minimal noise. This makes the lens perfect for video capture.
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): The lens has built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps achieve crisp, stable images and video in low-light or when zooming in on distant subjects.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the ALC-SH115 lens hood which helps prevent lens flare. When installed, the lens hood adds approximately 2" to the overall length of the lens. The hood can be stored on the lens by installing it backwards.
- Focal Length: 55-210mm
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 82.5-315mm
- Angle of View: 83° - 20°
- Maximum Aperture: F/4.5 (W) - 6.3 (T)
- Minimum Aperture: F/22 (W) - 32 (T)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.225x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.28'
- Lens Construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Physical Dimensions (w/o lens caps):
- Length: 4.481" to 6.228"
- Diameter: 2.507"
- Weight: 12.2 oz/345g
2 questions already asked