Wireless radio receiver for select Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Item # 158FAWRR1 | MFR # FAWRR1
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Sony FA-WRR1 by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
Creative lighting flexibility for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Sony's FA-WRR1 wireless radio receiver is designed to work with the Sony FA-WRC1M wireless radio commander (not included) for complex lighting setups. With Sony's VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal connecting cables (not included), you can use the commander with multiple receiver units to control shutter release on compatible Sony mirrorless cameras.
- compatible with select Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and Sony flash units
- works with Sony FA-WRC1M wireless radio commander (not included) for flexible creation of multiple wireless setups
- up to 15 FA-WRR1 receivers can be paired with FA-WRC1M commander
- approximately 98-foot communication distance between FA-WRR1 and FA-WRC1M
- works with Sony VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal connecting cables (not included) and FA-WRC1M wireless radio commander (not included) for simultaneous shutter release on multiple cameras
- built-in sync terminal
- multi-interface foot
- micro USB connection
- uses 2 "AA" batteries (not included)
- 2-5/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- weight: 3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Wireless radio receiver
- Hot shoe cover
- Cloth storage bag
- Operating Instructions
- Limited Warranty sheet (US)
- Consumer Warranty sheet (Canada)
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Sony FA-WRR1 Wireless Radio Receiver is used with the Sony FA-WRC1M Wireless Remote Commander for wirelessly triggering a remotely-positioned flash unit. The receiver can also remotely trigger the shutter release on remote cameras for multiple angles of the same shot. Up to 15 Wireless Radio Receivers can be paired to a single Remote Commander. The Wireless Radio Receiver and Commander operate over 2.4GHz radio frequencies, with a range of approximately 98.4' (30 meters). Radio frequencies are more reliable than infrared light for triggering remote flash units, especially in bright daylight, and have a greater range. The FA-WRR1 is powered by two "AA" batteries (not included), and comes with a plush storage pouch.
Note: For off-camera flash setups, you'll need a FA-WRR1 Wireless Radio Receiver, sold separately, for each flash unit. To trigger the shutter release of remote cameras, the FA-WRR1 and the VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal connecting cable are required.
Compatibility: The FA-WRR1 is compatible with the following Sony Interchangeable Lens Cameras and Flash Units:
- E-mount: ILCE-3000, ILCE-3500, ILCE-5000, ILCE-5100, ILCE-6000, ILCE-6300, ILCE-6500, ILCE-7 ILCE-7M2, ILCE-7R, ILCE-7RM2, ILCE-7S, ILCE-7SM2, NEX-3N
- A-mount: ILCA-68, ILCA-77M2, ILCA-99M2, SLT-A58
- Flash Units: HVL-F32M, HVL-F42AM, HVL-F43AM, HVL-F43M, HVL-F45RM, HVL-F58AM, HVL-F60M
Note: Some cameras will require a firmware update to be compatible.
Wireless Flash Shooting: Each of the Sony flash units you want to use in the multiple flash setup will need to be connected to a Wireless Radio Receiver (WRR). The Wireless Radio Commander (WRC) attaches to the Multi-Interface Shoe of the master" camera. Before shooting, you will need to pair all of the receivers (up to 15) to the commander. The Wireless Receivers can be divided into up to 5 groups, with each group having its own flash mode and power level. When you press the shutter release on your camera, all of the connected flash units will flash at the same time.
Remote Release Shooting: In addition to triggering multiple flash units, you can perform remote release shooting of multiple additional cameras to give you shots of the subject taken from different angles. For this, you will need a Wireless Radio Commander on your camera, one or more compatible remote cameras, a Wireless Radio Receiver (FA-WRR1) for each camera, and a VMC-MM1 Multi Terminal Connecting cable for each. The cable connects the Wireless Radio Receiver to the remote camera's Multi/Micro USB terminal. When you press the shutter release on your camera, all of the connected cameras will fire at the same time.
Power Requirements: The FA-WRR1 is powered by two AA batteries (not included). You can use alkaline or rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) batteries.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.