Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS
Super telephoto prime lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS - Range limiter controls let you restrict the focal range for faster focusing
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS - SET button lets you select a desired autofocus point for instant recall
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS - Full-time DMF switch lets you engage manual focus by rotating the focus ring
Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS - Function ring select switch lets you assign various functions or preset focus to the function ring on the lens barrel
Item # 158FE400MM | MFR # SEL400F28GM
Ship date unknown
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Sony FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A lightweight, agile super telephoto lens
Perfect for sports and wildlife photographers, Sony's 400mm f/2.8 G Master lens offers outstanding image quality and professional control in a portable package that weighs in at just over six pounds. This large-aperture super telephoto lens has a balanced, rear-weighted design for easy handheld operation or monopod shooting.
Great photos anywhere, anytime, rain or shine
Great for outdoor photography in any season, the lens's dust- and moisture-resistant construction means that if the weather takes a turn, you won't have to pack it in until you're ready. A fluorine coating on the front lens element helps keep it clean and makes it easier to wipe away dirt and fingerprints.
Stay focused on important details
Sony's new dual XD linear motors ensure smooth, quiet video rendering and responsiveness during continuous still shooting. This fresh design offers improved subject tracking performance and faster, more precise focus for more dynamic action shots. Once you've acquired your target, use one of the four customizable focus hold buttons on the lens barrel to lock the focus where you want it.
Keep it steady
Sony's optical image stabilization system helps you take sharp photos and smooth videos. Three different modes — including a panning mode for moving subjects — help optimize the effects of image stabilization according to the subject and scene.
- 400mm f/2.8 super telephoto lens
- compatible with Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- effective focal length:
- 400mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 600mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- Nano AR coating minimizes ghosting and flare
- protective fluorine coating on front lens element allows easier cleaning of water, dirt, and smudges
- Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization for crisp handheld images
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 3 lightweight fluorite lens elements for improved balance and handling
- 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) element for high-resolution rendering of texture and detail
- 4 customizable focus hold buttons on lens barrel provide added control
- dual XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors for fast, quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 8.86'
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 23 elements in 17 groups
- 11 rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- drop-in filter slot accepts 40.5mm filters
- lens is 6-1/4" in diameter, 14-1/4" long
- weight: 102.2 oz.
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, hard case, lens strap, and case strap
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee