About the Gremsy Gimbal T3 for Airpeak
A must for Airpeak pilots
A must for Airpeak pilots
This version of the Gremsy Gimbal T3 was customized for the Sony Airpeak S1 aerial quadcopter. It's an essential accessory, allowing the drone to carry a compatible Sony Alpha full-frame mirrorless camera. This opens up a great range of gear, letting videographers use their favorite Sony cameras to capture breathtaking footage from high above.
Steady footage, easy to set up
This three-axis gimbal was made with aerial photography and cinematography in mind. It helps you capture smooth, stable footage while the drone soars through the air. It only takes a few moments to install, with a quick release system that makes attaching and detaching the gimbal a simple affair. And the onboard USB port keeps your setup nice and clean.
- 3-axis gimbal for the Sony Airpeak S1
- compatible with select Sony Alpha full-frame mirrorless cameras and select E-mount lenses
- cameras: ILCE-1, ILME-FX3, ILCE-7C, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7RM4, ILCE-7RM3, ILCE-7M3, and ILCE-9
- lenses: SEL14F18GM, SEL20F18G, SEL24F14GM, SEL24F28G, SEL28F20, SEL35F28Z, SEL35F18F, SEL40F25G, SEL50F25G, SEL50F18F, SEL50M28, SEL55F18Z, and SEL85F18
- Contact our commercial drone specialists at 1-800-315-4620 to make sure you're getting everything you need for your next project.
- quick release design makes it easy to attach and detach gimbal
- controllable rotation range:
- ±345° (pan), ±150° (tilt), +80° to -264° (roll)
- IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) monitors the temperature to prevent it from impacting control of the gimbal
- USB port for easy setup (micro-USB cable included)
- includes hot shoe adapter
- 7-1/4"W x 11-3/8"H x 9-3/8"D (gimbal); 5-15/16"W x 4-11/16"H x 4-7/8"D (camera cage)
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GBLT3
What's in the box:
- Gimbal (with Hot-Shoe adapter and top camera screw)
- Camera plate
- microUSB cable
- Hot-Shoe extension
- Damping plate
- 12 Mounting screws
- Operating Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Gremsy Gimbal T3 for Airpeak
Gremsy Gimbal T3: The Gremsy Gimbal T3 has been customized and exclusively engineered for Sony's Airpeak S1 aerial drone, Sony Alpha Series full-frame mirrorless cameras, and select Sony E-mount prime lenses. Make sure to use a combination of camera system (including camera, lens, filter, hood, etc) with a total wight of approximately 2.4 lbs or less. The Gremsy Gimbal T3 and Sony Airpeak S1 is compatible with lens lengths up to 100mm to avoid contact to the aircraft's landing gear or to the ground.
- Professional Stabilization: The Gremsy Gimbal T3 offers unparalleled professional camera stabilization properties at a 32-bit level. Sensor data and motors correction are updated as fast as 2000 times per second to enable incredibly smooth footage.
- IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit): The T3 uses 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope IMU to ensure that it performs accurately and efficiently. Heated and temperature controlled IMU sensor is protected by an aluminum-made box. This allows for a flawless operation in high or low ambient temperatures.
- Quick Release: The Gremsy Gimbal T3 is easy to install and remove. Once the gimbal is connected, its quick release mechanism allows for easy attachment and reattachment.
Note: Drone, camera, and lens all sold separately.
Compatible Cameras & Lenses: The Gremsy Gimbal T3 is compatible with a range of Sony Alpha Series full-frame mirrorless cameras and Sony E-mount prime lenses, allowing you to choose the perfect setup for your needs. Powerful low-light cameras like the a7S series or FX3 leverage high sensitivity with stability to capture vivid images even in dark conditions. High-resolution cameras like the a7R series can achieve aerial imagery of outstanding quality, with huge potential for commercial and industrial applications. a9 series will capture high quality images with ultimately low distortion, and a1 can shoot in the air with 8K quality. For lenses, the Gremsy Gimbal T3 is compatible with select Sony E-mount prime lenses, letting you match the best model lens for your specific application.
- Camera Compatibility: ILCE-1, ILME-FX3, ILCE-7C, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7RM4, ILCE-7RM3, ILCE-7M3, and ILCE-9
- Lens Compatibility: SEL14F18GM, SEL20F18G, SEL24F14GM, SEL24F28G, SEL28F20, SEL35F28Z, SEL35F18F, SEL40F25G, SEL50F25G, SEL50F18F, SEL50M28, SEL55F18Z, and SEL85F18
- Make sure to prepare the Sony Alpha Series camera before mounting it on the gimbal by attaching the lens, inserting the battery pack, inserting the memory card, and configuring the control settings.
- When connecting the camera to the gimbal, make sure to use the correct USB cable (microUSB or USB-C). You may need to change the cable pull-out direction, or extend the cable length with certain lenses.
- When shooting with a wide-angled lens, the Airpeak S1 drone may partly obstruct the shot. Some features may not be available with certain camera models or firmware version.
Gimbal Settings: You configure the following settings for the Gremsy Gimbal T3 from the Sony Airpeak S1 aerial drone.
- Control Modes: You can select between two Control Modes - Lock or Follow. In Lock Mode, the camera orientation (shooting direction) will remain the same even if the Sony Airpeak S1 aircraft turns. In Follow Mode, the camera orientation (shooting direction) follows the panning (left/right) movement of the Sony Airpeak S1 aircraft.
Maximum Speed : You can set the maximum speed of movement along each axis (Pan, Tilt, and Roll)
- Smoothness: You can set the smoothness of movement along each axis (Pan, Tilt, and Roll)
- EXPO: You can set the amount of movement along each axis (Pan or Tilt) with respect to the input from the control sticks on the remote controller.
Rotation Range: Listed below is the mechanical & controllable rotation range of the Gremsy Gimbal T3.
- Mechanical Endpoint Range: Pan: ±345°, Tilt: ±150°, Roll: +80° to -264°
- Controlled Rotation: Pan: ±345°, Tilt: ±120°, Roll: ±45°
- User Controllable Rotation (with Airpeak S1): Pan: ±340°, Tilt: +45° to -115°, Roll: ±25°
Dimensions: Dimensions for gimbal and camera cage.
- 3-Axis Gimbal: 7.25" (w) x 11.375" (h) x 9.375" (d)
- Camera Cage: 5.9375" (w) x 4.6875" (h) x 4.875" (d)