About the Sony CDX-GT310
Take charge of your audio system with the Sony CDX-GT310 CD receiver's EQ3 3-band equalizer. Adjust the treble, midrange, and bass to tune in the sound you like and bring out the best in your music. If you don't have time to fine tune, you can make quick, on-the-fly sound adjustments with the seven preset tone settings.
The CDX-GT310 can play discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files, and the front panel auxiliary input makes it easy to connect your portable player. You can even adjust the level of the auxiliary source so that you don't have to turn up the volume when you switch from the radio or CD player. For other listening options, you can add Sony's iPod® adapter or a satellite radio tuner. A set of preamp outputs is on hand for connecting an external amplifier or powered subwoofer.
Sony's acclaimed SSIR-EXA radio tuner does a great job of pulling in AM and FM stations, so your local news, sports, and weather reports will always be on hand. The dark gray faceplate highlights the stereo's easy-to-read display, while the rotary control knob allows for easy volume adjustments. You can detach the faceplate to protect your investment when you're parked.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with a gun-metal gray finish
- remote control
- EQ3 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- compatible with Sony's iPod adapter
- satellite radio-ready (XM or SIRIUS tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
- front-panel auxiliary input
- CD changer controls
- one set of preamp outputs
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-X151)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- 2 Face security screws
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Installation/Connections sheet (English/French)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Note on installing face security screws
Sony CDX-GT310 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CDX-GT310
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|USB Port Power||---|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Green|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Drive S: The CDX-GT310 features the Drive S chassis platform. Drive S includes the CD mechanism, audio stages, 12 V power supply, and tuner section. The CD mechanism includes a suspension to resist shocks, a motor that draws less power, and a fast low-current pickup that improves durability and CD playback accuracy. The 52W Peak x 4-channel S-MOSFET Power IC produces clearer, more accurate sound, less distortion, and a higher signal-to-noise ratio than previous designs.
Detachable Face: The CDX-GT310 features a detachable face for theft prevention. The radio does not come with a protective face case.
Disc Compatibility: The CD receiver will play CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs.
MP3/WMA Capability: The CD receiver will also play MP3 and WMA files stored on a CD-R or CD-RW. Below are the following requirements for MP3/WMA playback.
- ISO: The unit is compatible with the ISO 9660 level 1 / level 2 format, Joliet/Romeo in the expansion format, and Multi Session.
- The Maximum number of:
- folders or albums is 150 including root and empty folders
- MP3/WMA files or tracks and folders contained in a disc (300 if a folder/file names contain many characters, this number may become less than 300).
- Displayable characters for a folder/file name is 32 (Joliet), or 64 (Romeo).
- ID3 tag versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 apply to MP3 only. ID3 tag is 15/30 characters (1.0 and 1.1) or 63/126 characters (2.2, 2.3. and 2.4). WMA tag is 63 characters.
MP3/WMA Playback Functions: The CD receiver offers the following playback methods for MP3 and WMA files.
- Track Repeat
- Album Repeat
- Album Shuffle
- Disc Shuffle
MP3/WMA Display Information: The CD receiver's display can display the following information: Track number/Elapsed playing time, Disc/Artist Name, Album Number, Album Name, Track Name, Text Information and Clock.
Note: The Album number is displayed only when the album is changed.
Radio Tuning: The CDX-GT310 allows you to manual tune or seek tune AM/FM stations. In the Local Seek Mode, the unit will only tune in stations with very strong signals during Seek tuning. The Mono Mode allows you improve poor FM reception by selecting a monaural signal instead of a stereo signal. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each of the following bands - FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2. Other tuner features include:
- Best Tuning Memory (BTM): This feature selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Manual Tuning: You can manually tune and find your favorite radio stations one by one for FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Auto Tuning: You can use the seek button to help you search quickly through the available stations and then choose your own presets from these available stations.
EQ3 Stage 2: You may select one of the following EQ presets: Xplod, Vocal, Edge, Cruise, Space, Gravity, Custom or Off. For the Custom mode, you can adjust the following bands:
- Low: +10 dB to -10 dB at 60 Hz
- Middle: +10 dB to -10 dB at 1 kHz
- High: +10 dB to -10 dB at 10 kHz
Amplifier Section: The head-unit's amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant and rated at 17 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 Ohms and 1% THD. The unit is also rated at 23.2 watts per channel minimum continuous average power into 4 ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 5% THD. Peak power is rated at 52 watts per channel.
Switchable Preamp Outputs: The CDX-GT310 contains one pair of RCA preamp outputs that can be set for the rear channels or for subwoofer operation. When set to subwoofer, the output becomes non-fading and a low pass filter is activated with a selectable cut-off frequency of 125Hz, 78Hz, or Off.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The aux input can be deactivated in the menu so it doesn't appear as an available source.
Mounting Angle: For flexibility of installation, this unit can be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 45 degrees.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Off button once will turn off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. This makes the clock display and face/button illumination "Keyed" instead of "Unit On" only. To turn the unit off completely, you must press the Off button for two seconds.
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off automatically after a set amount of time. The Auto Off feature can be set to 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or No.
Dimmer: The CDX-GT310 feature a dimmer mode to dim the brightness of the display. You can choose from either "Dim On" or Dim Off".
Auto Scroll: This feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Eject: The CD disc can be ejected with the unit powered off. The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if the disc is ejected and left on the lip opening of the player for 15 seconds or more.
iPod Ready: You can connect an iPod to this unit and control it via the front panel controls and remote. The optional XA-110IP iPod Control Interface (item #158XA110IP) is required.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (220CNP20UC) and the Sony CNP-SON1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMSON1).
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SIRIUS SIR-SNY1 Satellite Tuner for Sony (item # 607SIRSNY1).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable satellite
radio receiver, such as the Delphi SkyFi3 or SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via
the auxiliary input or the Sony XA-300 UniLink Auxiliary Input
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The CDX-GT310 is compatible with Sony's optional XT-100HD add-on HD Tuner (sold separately) through its UniLink Bus connection. HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc. Once connected, all AM and FM broadcasts are received by the XT-100HD. HD appears as an additional source, with five preset banks; HD1 (FM1), HD2 (FM2), HD3 (FM3), HD4 (AM1), and HD5 (AM2). In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8 and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Changer Controls: This unit is compatible with Sony Unilink CD/MP3 and MD changers. In addition, this unit can control compatible Sony Mobile Memory Stick players.
Multiple Changer Control: A maximum of 5 CD changers, 5 CD/MP3 changers, or 5 MD changers may be connected to this receiver. When connecting CD, CD/MP3 and MD changers, you may connect up to a total of 7 changers (but there must not be more than 5 of one type of changer). When connecting more than one changer to this receiver, you must use the Sony XA-C40 source selector.
Optional Auxiliary Input: You can connect an auxiliary audio device (such as a portable digital memory player, cassette, MiniDisc, or VCR) when used with the optional XA-300 Unilink Auxiliary Input Adapter. The XA-300 uses the Unilink and Bus Audio inputs on the back of the receiver, and allows you to connect an optional CD/MD changer in addition to the auxiliary audio source.