About the Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP
You're careful with your cash, but you're no cheapskate — you demand quality and useful features from the gear you buy. You should take a good look at Sony's CDX-GT350MP CD receiver, which offers an amazing set of features for this price range.
Sony knows a thing or two about sound engineering. They designed the Dynamic Reality Amp to produce more realistic sound staging in your car, then backed it up with True Fidelity Sound Construction, which combines a heavy-duty capacitor with an advanced amp design for improved deep bass output and strong, clean power. Since you're picky about sound, you'll appreciate the EQ3 3-band equalizer and its eight preset sound curves.
Digital music files on the go
Let's face it — not many of us are running to the shop to buy CDs any more, but the CDX-GT350MP also plays discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files. You can dig into the digital files on your computer, fill up a couple of discs, and have enough music for a cross-country trip. You can also plug your MP3 player into the auxiliary input located on the front of the receiver.
Expand your possibilities
This receiver also offers expansion possibilities you don't often find at this price point. You can add Sony's iPod® adapter, HD Radio tuner, or satellite radio if you want a little more variety. Sony even throws in a remote control so you can make adjustments while you keep your eyes on the road.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Sony stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Sony, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS CEA-2006/52 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA music files
- detachable face with a black and white LCD display
- built-in RDS (Radio Data System)
- remote control
- EQ3 Stage 2 (eight preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- 24-bit digital-to-analog converter
- adjustable high-pass filters on front/rear speaker outputs
- adjustable low-pass filter
- compatible with optional Sony iPod adapter, satellite radio tuner (subscription and antenna required), and HD Radio tuner
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AM/FM CD receiver (with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (RMX-151)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fre)
- Installation/Connections sheet (Eng/Fre)
- US Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty
- Face fixing screw note
Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||N/C|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Both|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||N|
Detachable Face: The Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP features a detachable face for theft prevention. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
Note: No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
Caution Alarm: If you turn the ignition switch to the Off position without detaching the head unit's front-panel, the caution alarm will sound for a few seconds. The alarm will only sound if the unit's built-in amplifier is used.
Black 1-Line LCD Display: The Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP features a single-line black LCD with a negative display (white text) for viewing information.
Motion Display: This feature shows moving patterns and a spectrum analyzer on the display when turned on.
Auto Scroll: This feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Source/Off button once will switch sources. Pressing and holding the Source/Off button for one second will turn off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remain on. To turn the unit off completely, you must press and hold the Source/Off button for two seconds.
Dimmer: The CDX-GT350MP feature a dimmer mode to dim the brightness of the display. You can choose from either "Dim On" or Dim Off".
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off all lighting a set amount of time after you turn the power off. The Auto Off feature can be set to 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or No.
True Fidelity Sound Construction: The Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP FM/AM compact disc player features a newly developed sound processor for less distortion, an S-MOSFET IC for smooth signal transmission, and a large-sized high power capacitor for deep bass sound.
Dynamic Reality Amp: The CDX-GT350MP is equipped with Sony's Dynamic Reality Amp to produce 3 dimensional sound staging for more realistic sound inside your vehicle.
CEA2006 Compliant Amplifier: The power specifications for the Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the CDX-GT350MP are as follows:
- Continuous Power Output: 17 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 52 watts x 4-channels (208 total watts)
EQ3 Stage 2: The Sony Xplod CDX-GT350MP features an EQ3 Stage 2 equalizer with 8 preset equalizer curves for various types of music. You can choose from Xplod, Vocal, Edge, Cruise, Space, Gravity, Custom, or Off. The Off mode provides a flat response. The Custom mode allows you to manually adjust the Low (60 Hz), Mid (1 kHz), and High (10 kHz) frequencies from +/-10dB.
Loudness: This features reinforces bass and treble for clear sound at low volume levels.
Two Pairs Of 2V Preamp Outputs: The CDX-GT350MP contains two pairs of 2-volt RCA preamp outputs - a front pair and another pair that can be set for the rear channels or for subwoofer operation.
Subwoofer Controls: When the unit's subwoofer output is activated, the preamp output becomes non-fading and a low pass filter is activated with a selectable cut-off frequency of 50Hz, 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, or Off. You can also adjust the slope (1/2/3) of the high-pass crossover. You can adjust the subwoofer preamp output's volume level independently from the head unit's volume control from -10 to +10 in 1dB increments. In addition, you can select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
High-Pass Filter: The Sony CDX-GT350MP offers an adjustable high-pass filter (80/100/120/140/160Hz) for the front and rear speaker outputs of the head unit. This high-pass filter can be deactivated.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
SSIR-EXA AM/FM Tuner with RDS: The Sony CDX-GT350MP features a built-in SSIR-EXA AM/FM Tuner with RDS. Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Preset Stations: The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets each in FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2.
Best Tuning Memory (BTM): This feature automatically selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
Manual/Seek Tuning: The CDX-GT350MP allows you to manual tune or seek tune AM/FM stations.
- Manual Tuning: You can manually tune and find your favorite radio stations one by one for FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Seek Tuning: You can use the seek button to help you search quickly through the available stations in FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, or AM2.
Local Mode: In the Local Seek Mode, the unit will only tune in stations with very strong signals during Seek tuning.
Mono Mode: The Mono Mode allows you improve poor FM reception by selecting a monaural signal instead of a stereo signal.
HD Radio Ready: The CDX-GT350MP is compatible with Sony's optional XT-100HD add-on HD Tuner (158XT100HD, sold separately) through its UniLink Bus connection. HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc. Once connected, all AM and FM broadcasts are received by the XT-100HD. HD appears as an additional source, with five preset banks; HD1 (FM1), HD2 (FM2), HD3 (FM3), HD4 (AM1), and HD5 (AM2). In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8 and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional satellite radio receiver to this head unit:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio: To receive SIRIUS Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional SCC1 SiriusConnect Vehicle Tuner and the optional Sony SNYSC1 interface module (package item number 700SIRSONY, sold separately). You can also connect select dock-and-play and portable SIRIUS radios to the head unit via the Sony SNYSC1 interface module (607SNYSC1, sold separately) and the SiriusConnect Plug & Play Dock (607SCVDOC1, sold separately).
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio connect the optional CNP2000UCA XM Tuner and the Sony CNP-SON1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMSON2, sold separately).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable XM or SIRIUS receiver can be connected to the head unit via the auxiliary input or the Sony XA-300 UniLink auxiliary input adapter (158XA300, sold separately).
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs (12cm only).
MP3/WMA Playback: Multi-format playback lets you play CDs, CD-Rs, or CD-RWs loaded with MP3 or WMA audio files. The head unit also supports CD Text. Below are the requirements and features for compressed audio file playback:
- ISO: compatible with the ISO 9660 level 1 / level 2 format, Joliet/Romeo in the expansion format, and Multi Session
- Bit-rate: up to 320 kbps for MP3/WMA audio files
- The Maximum number of:
- folders or albums is 150 including root and empty folders (MP3/WMA)
- files or tracks and folders contained in a disc is 300 or less if a folder/file names contain many characters (MP3/WMA)
- displayable characters for a folder/file name is 32 (Joliet), or 64 (Romeo)
- ID3 Tag: ID3 tag versions 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, and 2.4 apply to MP3 only. ID3 tag is 15/30 characters (1.0 and 1.1) or 63/126 characters (2.2, 2.3. and 2.4). WMA tag is 63 characters.
Note: Not all MP3/WMA files may playback due to file variations.
Compressed Audio Display Information: The CD receiver can display the following CD-TEXT or ID3/WMA-tag information - Track number, Elapsed Playing Time, Song Title, Artist Name, or Album Label.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
Auto Playback: The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source or powered off.
Mounting Angle: For proper CD playback, this unit must be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 45 degrees
iPod Ready: The optional Sony XA-120IP iPod adapter (158XA120IP, sold separately) allows you to connect, charge, and control your compatible iPod directly from the receiver. With this interface, you will be able to play your iPod music files through the Sony receiver and have all the titling information appear on the Sony's display. All the iPod buttons will be disabled when connected to this adapter and it will be controlled from the Sony receiver.
- Audio Playback: The Sony head unit supports audio playback of music files stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Music Navigation: Your iPod's clickwheel or touchscreen will be locked once it is connected to the Sony head unit. You will navigate your connected iPod via the Sony head unit's controls. You be able to browse your iPod music files by Artist, Album, or Playlist. You can also select Repeat or Random playback.
- Information Display: The head unit will also display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, including - Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song Title, Artist Name, and Album Title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge select iPods. A Scosche passPORT charging adapter (142IFWA, sold separately) is required to charge the iPod nano (4th/5th/6th gen) and iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen).
Note: If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it. Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The Sony CDX-GT350MP is "Made for iPod" compatible and supports the following iPod model features when connected to the optional iPod adapter interface (as of December 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Headunit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
|6th||1.0 PC||Y||N||Y||N||Y||Y||adapter required|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable digital music player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The volume level of the auxiliary input is adjustable from -8 to +18 dB to compensate for any difference between the unit and your portable device.
Wireless Remote Control: The head unit comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-X151) for easy operation. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions of the Sony Xplod head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit to allow you to keep your vehicle's radio steering wheel remote controls when used with the optional PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (127SWIPS, sold separately); or the optional Metra ASWC Steering Wheel Control Interface Adapter (120ASWC, sold separately).
Note: Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.