About the Sony CDX-GT610Ui
Get connected Sony built the CDX-GT610Ui CD receiver with auxiliary, USB, and iPod inputs, so it's ready to play music from nearly any kind of portable source. The faceplate includes a USB input that lets you connect, and in many cases control, your thumb drive, portable music player, or other USB-capable device.
Best of all, Sony included a direct-connect cable that gives you full control over your iPod from the stereo no need to purchase an additional adapter. You'll also find a minijack auxiliary input on the face for connecting a portable MP3 player or other audio gear.
For audio adjustments, Sony's EQ3 includes a bank of seven preset sound curves, along with a 3-band equalizer for customization. Adding bass? You can switch the preamp outputs to subwoofer mode, turning on a low-pass filter that sends the proper frequencies to your amplifier or powered subwoofer.
The blue illumination gives the glossy black faceplate a soft glow that will look good in your dash. The well-organized button layout makes it a snap to access all stereo functions, and you get a user-friendly wireless remote for easy, safe control while driving.
- CD player with built-in amplifier (17 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RW discs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, and ATRAC3plus music files (except Digital Rights-protected files)
- dot-matrix fluorescent display with blue button lighting
- remote control
- EQ3 (seven preset tone curves and a 3-band equalizer)
- built-in iPod controls and connection no other equipment needed
- compatible with Sony HD Radio tuner and satellite radio (tuner, subscription, and antenna required)
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary and USB inputs, iPod connection
- outputs: one set of preamp outputs (switchable to subwoofer mode)
Other features and specs:
What's in the box:
- AM/FM/CD receiver with 10-amp fuse inserted into chassis
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-X151)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- 2 Face security screws
- USB cap
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- Installation/Connections sheet (English/French)
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Canadian warranty (English/French)
- Note on installing face security screws
- Note on USB cap
Sony CDX-GT610Ui reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony CDX-GT610Ui
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Front and Optional Rear|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||17 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||52 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||---|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||9 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Drive S: The CDX-GT610UI features the Drive S chassis platform. Drive S includes the CD mechanism, audio stages, 12 V power supply, and tuner section. The CD mechanism includes a suspension to resist shocks, a motor that draws less power, and a fast low-current pickup that improves durability and CD playback accuracy. The 52W Peak x 4-channel S-MOSFET Power IC produces clearer, more accurate sound, less distortion, and a higher signal-to-noise ratio than previous designs.
Detachable Face: The CDX-GT610UI features a detachable face for theft prevention. The radio does not come with a protective face case.
Compressed Audio File Capability: In addition to audio CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs, the receiver will play MP3, WMA, AAC, and ATRAC (ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus) compressed audio files stored on a CD-R or CD-RW. Below are the following requirements and features for compressed audio file playback:
- ISO: The unit is compatible with the ISO 9660 level 1 / level 2 format, Joliet/Romeo in the expansion format, and Multi Session.
- The Maximum number of:
- folders or albums is 150 including root and empty folders (MP3, WMA, AAC), 255 (ATRAC)
- files or tracks and folders contained in a disc: 300 (or less if a folder/file names contain many characters) (MP3, WMA, AAC), 999 files or tracks (ATRAC)
- displayable characters for a folder/file name is 32 (Joliet), or 64 (Romeo).
- ID3 display characters: 30 or 126 characters (MP3), 63 characters (WMA), 126 characters (AAC)
- Playback Functions:
- Track Repeat
- Album/Folder Repeat
- Album/Folder Shuffle
- Disc Shuffle
Compressed Audio Display Information: The CD receiver's display can display the following information: Track number/Elapsed playing time, Disc/Artist Name, Album/Group Number, Album/Group Name, Track Name, Text Information and Clock.
Note: The Album/Group number is displayed only when the album/group is changed.
Radio Tuning: The CDX-GT610UI allows you to manual tune or seek tune AM/FM stations. In the Local Seek Mode, the unit will only tune in stations with very strong signals during Seek tuning. The Mono Mode allows you improve poor FM reception by selecting a monaural signal instead of a stereo signal. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each of the following bands - FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1 and AM2. Other tuner features include:
- Best Tuning Memory (BTM): This feature selects stations with the best signals within the selected band and stores them in order of their frequency. You can select from FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Manual Tuning: You can manually tune and find your favorite radio stations one by one for FM1, FM2, FM3, AM1, and AM2.
- Auto Tuning: You can use the seek button to help you search quickly through the available stations and then choose your own presets from these available stations.
EQ3 Stage 2: EQ3 Stage 2 offers 7 EQ presets, each of which has a preset value for 3 bands: Low (60Hz), Middle (1kHz), and High (10kHz). The EQ presets and the band values are as follows:
- Xplod: Low: +10, Middle: +4, High: +4
- Vocal: Low: +4, Middle: +8, High: +2
- Edge: Low: +6, Middle: -2, High: +7
- Cruise: Low: +3, Middle: +4, High: +2
- Space: Low: +4, Middle: +5, High: +8
- Gravity: Low: +8, Middle: 0, High: +2
- Custom: Adjustable -10dB to +10dB for each band
Amplifier Section: The head unit's amplifier is CEA-2006 compliant and rated at 17 watts RMS x 4 channels at 4 Ohms and 1% THD. The unit is also rated at 23.2 watts per channel minimum continuous average power into 4 ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with no more than 5% THD. Peak power is rated at 52 watts per channel.
Switchable Preamp Outputs: The CDX-GT610UI contains one pair of RCA preamp outputs, which can be set for the rear channels or for subwoofer operation. When set to subwoofer, the output becomes non-fading and a low pass filter is activated with a selectable cut-off frequency of 125Hz, 78Hz, or Off.
Front Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable cassette, MD or MP3 player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The aux input can be deactivated in the menu so it doesn't appear as an available source.
Mounting Angle: For flexibility of installation, this unit can be mounted between 0 (horizontal) and 45 degrees.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the Off button once will turn off audio output, but the clock display and face/button illumination remain on. This makes the clock display and face/button illumination "Keyed" instead of "Unit On" only. To turn the unit off completely, you must press the Off button for two seconds.
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off automatically after a set amount of time. The Auto Off feature can be set to 30 seconds, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or No.
Dimmer: The CDX-GT610UI features a manual dimmer mode to dim the brightness of the display. You can choose between "Dim On" or Dim Off". Note: The display does not automatically dim when the vehicle's headlights are turned on.
Auto Scroll: This feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc.
Eject: The CD disc can be ejected with the unit powered off. The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if the disc is ejected and left on the lip opening of the player for 15 seconds or more.
Remote Control: This unit comes with a card-style remote commander, RM-X151. In addition to common commands, the remote also allows you to mute the audio, and select and store radio presets.
iPod Input: This unit has an iPod dock connector on a 4' rear-mounted pigtail. When the iPod is connected, you can control it from the head unit; operation is not possible from the iPod. When the ignition key is turned to the ACC position or the unit is on, the iPod's battery will be charged. During iPod play, you can select from the following modes: Album, Artist, Playlist, Resuming. In the Album, Artist, or Playlist mode, you can use the repeat, shuffle, and scan functions for each mode. The display can show track/album/artist name, track number, elapsed playing time, and clock. The head unit is compatible with the following iPods:
- Third Generation iPod: Ver.2.3.0
- Fourth-Generation iPod: Ver.3.1.1
- Fifth-Generation iPod: Ver.1.2 (video function not supported)
- iPod Photo: Ver.1.2.1 (photo function not supported)
- iPod Mini: Ver.1.4.1
- First Generation iPod nano: Ver.1.3
- Second Generation iPod nano: Ver.1.1
Note: You cannot connect a second iPod using the Sony XA-110IP iPod Control Interface.
USB Input: The receiver is equipped with a Type A USB input for plugging in USB devices such as flash drives or Sony Walkman portable MP3 players. The head unit can play music files stored on the USB device in MP3, WMA, AAC, or ATRAC formats. When playing a USB device, the display can indicate track/album/group number, disc/artist/album/group/track name, elapsed playing time, text information, or clock. A USB cap is supplied to place in the USB input when it is not in use.
Note: Compatible USB devices include Sony Flash Memory and Hard Drive Walkman MP3 players, and select flash drives from Dikom, Hama, Memorex, Integral, Philips, PNY Electronics, and SanDisk.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- XM Satellite Radio: To receive XM Satellite Radio, you can connect the optional CNP2000UC XM Mini Tuner (220CNP20UC) and the Sony CNP-SON1 adapter cable (package item number 700XMSON1).
- Auxiliary Input: A portable Sirius satellite
radio receiver, such as the SIRIUS Sportster, can be connected to the head unit via
the auxiliary input or the Sony XA-300 UniLink Auxiliary Input
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
HD Radio Ready: The CDX-GT610UI is compatible with Sony's optional XT-100HD add-on HD Tuner (sold separately) through its UniLink Bus connection. HD Radio technology, where available, offers higher quality sound than conventional analog broadcasts and receives text data. HD Radio provides FM broadcasts that are equal to CD sound quality and AM broadcasts that are as good as analog FM stereo broadcasts. HD Radio also provides a variety of data, including station name, song title, artist name, album name, etc. Once connected, all AM and FM broadcasts are received by the XT-100HD. HD appears as an additional source, with five preset banks; HD1 (FM1), HD2 (FM2), HD3 (FM3), HD4 (AM1), and HD5 (AM2). In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8 and analog). There are also data programs for each program.
Changer Controls: This unit is compatible with Sony UniLink CD/MP3 and MD changers. In addition, this unit can control compatible Sony Mobile Memory Stick players.
Multiple Changer Control: A maximum of 5 CD changers, 5 CD/MP3 changers, or 5 MD changers may be connected to this receiver. When connecting CD, CD/MP3 and MD changers, you may connect up to a total of 7 changers (but there must not be more than 5 of one type of changer). When connecting more than one changer to this receiver, you must use the Sony XA-C40 source selector.
Optional Auxiliary Input: You can connect an auxiliary audio device (such as a portable digital memory player, cassette, MiniDisc, or VCR) when used with the optional XA-300 UniLink Auxiliary Input Adapter. The XA-300 uses the UniLink and Bus Audio inputs on the back of the receiver, and allows you to connect an optional CD/MD changer in addition to the auxiliary audio source.