About the Sony DAV-HDX275
Get the most out of your down time at home with Sony's DAV-HDX275 BRAVIA® home theater system. It features five speakers and a subwoofer for engaging surround sound with movies, TV shows, and music. Load the built-in five-disc changer with your favorite DVDs and CDs, sit back with the remote, and enjoy.
Dock your iPod and browse your tunes
Place your iPod® into the included dock, and you can listen to your tunes through the 'HDX275's speakers. You can even browse through your songs using the system's remote.
Easy automatic setup
Sony's auto calibration technology makes it a snap to adjust the surround sound settings to your specific room and furnishings. Simply place the included microphone in your favorite listening position, and the system optimizes its own speaker distance and delay settings in only about 30 seconds. The DAV-HDX275 can also upconvert your standard DVDs to 1080p resolution through its HDMI output for a smoother picture with your compatible HDTV.
- home theater system with 5-disc DVD/CD changer/receiver, 5 speakers, and subwoofer
- includes Sony iPod dock
- digital video upconversion for DVD playback
- selectable 720p/1080i/1080p output via HDMI digital interface
- plays DVD-Video discs, DVD-Rs & DVD-RWs
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs & CD-RWs, MP3 CDs and SACDs
- plays digital picture CDs (JPEG)
- built-in Dolby® Digital, DTS®, & Dolby Pro Logic® II processing, for surround sound from DVD, VHS, and stereo sources
- 6-channel amplifier (143 watts x 5 for surround channel output, plus 285 watts for subwoofer)
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration for easy setup
- digital tuner with 30 AM/FM station presets
- proprietary Digital Media Port for included iPod dock, optional wireless PC music player, or other accessories
- analog audio input
- coaxial and optical digital audio input
- front-panel minijack audio input
- video output for TV (composite, component video, HDMI)
- remote control
- speaker wire and subwoofer cables included
- DVD player/receiver: 17"W x 3-3/8"H x 17-1/16"D
- 2 front speakers: 4"W x 8-3/4"H x 3-1/8"D (each)
- center channel speaker: 10-5/16"W x 3-5/8"H x 2-3/4"D
- 2 rear speakers: 4-1/16"W x 6-3/8"H x 3-1/16"D (each)
- subwoofer: 8-3/4"W x 15-1/2"H x 12-11/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs
- MFR # DAVHDX275
What's in the box:
- HCD-HDX275 DVD receiver
- Wireless remote control (RM-ADU007)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- TDM-iP10 Digital Media Port iPod Adapter with attached 38" media port adapter cable
- 5 iPod adapter inserts
- 2 Front speakers (SS-TS81)
- Center speaker (SS-CT80)
- 2 Surround speakers (SS-TS80)
- Subwoofer (SS-WS82)
- Two 15' lengths of 22-gauge speaker wire with color-coded connector on one end (front left/right)
- One 12' length of 22-gauge speaker wire with color-coded connector on one end (subwoofer)
- One 10' length of 22-gauge speaker wire with color-coded connector on one end (center)
- Two 39.5' lengths of 22-gauge speaker wire with color-coded connector on one end (surround left/right)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber foot pads
- FM wire antenna (with push-on "F" connector)
- AM loop antenna
- Calibration microphone with attached 18' cord (terminates in a 3.5mm miniplug)
- 4' Composite video cord (with male RCA plugs on each end)
- DVD Home Theater Operating Instructions (English)
- Operating Instructions (Spanish)
- Speaker and TV connection guide
- Digital Media Port Adapter Operating Instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- iPod Dock Adapters note
- Compatible iPod Models sheet
- Online Product Registration sheet
- Limited Warranty information
Sony DAV-HDX275 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony DAV-HDX275
System Overview: The Sony DAV-HDX275 is an integrated system which includes a single tray-loaded, 5-disc DVD/Video CD/Audio CD changer/receiver, and a 6-piece speaker system with a passive subwoofer. In addition, the system includes the TDM-iP10 Digital Media Port iPod Adapter which allows you to connect your iPod to the system. The supplied remote control can control this unit, plus a Sony TV.
Disc Changer System: The DVD changer section of the integrated receiver/DVD changer consists of a playing unit and a 5 CD-changer stocker, which transports the discs to the disc slot and playing unit. When discs are not being played, they are stored in the stocker.
S-Master Digital Amplifier: This unit is powered by the S-Master Full Digital Amplifier. It is designed to be highly efficient, producing minimal heat, while taking up 1/4 of the space of conventional amplifiers.
Auto Calibration: The receiver is equipped with an Auto Calibration function to achieve ideal surround sound settings for your room. With the included microphone placed at the listening position, Sony's DSP automatically analyzes speaker placement and sets the delay times and output levels. The microphone has a threaded insert on the bottom so it's compatible with a tripod. Speakers configuration, speaker distances and output levels can also be manually set.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Auto Format Direct Standard: Presents sound as it was recorded/encoded.
- Auto Format Direct Multi: Sound that is recorded in 2 channel (front left and right channel) is assigned to the surround left and right channel. This mode outputs sound from the front left and right speakers, surround left and right speakers an subwoofer. The center speaker does not output any sound.
- Dolby Pro Logic: Performs Pro Logic decoding to the input signal and simulates surround sound from 2 channels sources. This mode outputs sound from all the speakers and subwoofer.
- Dolby Pro Logic II Music: Performs Pro Logic II music mode decoding to the input signal and produces five full-bandwidth output channels from 2 channels sources. This setting is ideal for normal stereo sources such as a CD. this mode outputs sound from all the speakers and the subwoofer.
- Dolby Pro Logic II Movie: Performs Pro Logic II music mode decoding to the input signal and produces five full-bandwidth output channels from 2 channels sources. This setting is ideal for watching videos of overdubbed or old movies. This mode outputs sound from all the speakers and the subwoofer.
- Dolby Digital: In this format, the surround speakers output stereo sound with an expanded frequency range and a subwoofer channel for deep bass is independently provided. All six channels in this format are recorded separately for superior channel separation.
- DTS: This format comprises of stereo rear channel and there is a discrete subwoofer channel in this format. DTS provides the same 5.1 discrete channels of high quality digital audio.
- 2-Channel Stereo: In addition to the surround modes, you can select the 2-Channel Stereo mode. This mode outputs the sound from the front left and right speakers and subwoofer only. Standard stereo sources completely bypass the sound field processing. Multi-channel surround formats are down-mixed to two channels.
- Headphone Virtual Theater: Outputs the sound a surround from headphone left and right. This mode is effective only when a multi-channel source is played.
- Headphone 2-Channel Stereo: Outputs the sound from the left and right. Multi-channel surround formats are downmixed to 2 channels.
Dynamic Bass: This feature reinforces the system's bass frequency output.
Night Mode: This function allows you to enjoy sound effect or dialogue, as you would in a movie theater, even at low volume.
Volume Limiter: You can limit the maximum volume level of the system. It can be set to one of 4 different levels (1, 2, 3, Off).
A/V Sync: When the sound does not match pictures on the screen, you can adjust the delay between the picture and sound.
Dual Mono: You can enjoy multiplex broadcast sound when the system receives or plays the Dolby Digital multiplex broadcast signal. To receive the Dolby Digital signal, you need to connect a TV or other component to the unit with an optical or coaxial digital cable and set the digital output mode of the TV or other component to Dolby Digital.
Progressive Scan Output: This unit may be set to output a progressive scan or interlaced video signal from the component video output. Progressive-scan picture quality is more film-like, with more fine detail and less flicker. Progressive-scan viewing requires a TV with a progressive scan compatible component video or HDMI input.
HDMI Output With 1080p Upscaling: The DVD audio and video signals can be up-converted and output through the HDMI jack. The HDMI output can be set to 1080p, 1080i, 720p, or 480p.
Bravia Theatre Sync: When the DAV-HDX275 is connected to a Sony TV via HDMI, you can operate the system with simplified controls. In addition to audio and video transmission, control functions are transmitted via the HDMI cable. This feature works with a select number of Sony Bravia TVs. The simplified controls include:
- One-Touch Play: By pressing "Play" on the unit or the remote, the TV turns on and is set for the DVD input mode automatically.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can switch the sound to come out of either the TV or the HDX267W's speakers.
- System Power Off: When you turn the TV off by using the "Power" button
Disc Playback: This unit will playback the following disc types - DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R/RW, DVD-ROM, Video CD, Super VCD, SACD, CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW, and CD-ROM.
MP3 Playback: This unit will play MP3 files recorded onto CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 level 1/level 2, Joliet (CD) or Universal Disc Format (DVD) formats. Each disc can have a maximum of 150 albums and each album can have a maximum of 300 tracks.
JPEG Playback: This unit will play JPEG files recorded onto CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, and DVD-ROM discs using the ISO 9660 level 1/level 2, Joliet (CD) or Universal Disc Format (DVD) formats. All JPEG files on a disc can be played back in a slide show. Additionally, you can rotate any selected image in 90° increments. The maximum JPEG resolution supported is 1920 x 1080 pixels. Each disc can have a maximum of 200 albums and each album can have a maximum of 150 images.
Resume Play: This feature allows you to resume playback of 40 DVDs from the point where you last stopped, even if you remove the disc from the player. The stopping point is cleared from memory if you press the Stop button a second time.
Program Play: You can play the contents of a disc in the order you want by arranging the order of the tracks on the disc to create your own program. You can program up to 99 tracks.
Parental Control: Playback of some DVD Videos can be limited according to a predetermined level such as the age of the users. Scenes may be blocked or replaced with different scenes. You can set the playback restriction by registering a 4-digit password. Once you register this password, you need to enter the password to play a restricted disc.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the unit off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set from 10 to 90 minutes in 10 minute increments. If you use the System Menu to set the sleep timer, you can enter the number of minutes between 1 and 90 minutes in 1 minute increments.
Display Dimmer: You can set the display to one of two brightness levels.
Preset Label: You can store up to 20 FM and 10 AM station presets so that you always have easy access to your favorite stations without having to tune them in manually each time. You can assign a name for each preset. FM tuning is done in 0.1MHz steps and AM tuning is done in 9kHz or 10kHz steps.
Unified Remote: The DAV-HDX275 comes with a remote (RM-ADU007) that is pre-programmed to operate this system and a number of functions on Sony TVs.
Subwoofer: The DAV-HDX275 system is equipped with a Digital Direct Twin-Drive subwoofer, which features a 6-3/8" cone woofer in a bass-reflex enclosure. The main unit provides a 285-watt RMS amplifier for the subwoofer.
Front Speakers: The front left and right speakers use a 2-5/8" full range cone driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The speakers have rear-mounted spring-clip terminals and rubber feet for placing the speaker vertically on a shelf or table. For wall-mounting, you can use the single keyhole slot or the threaded M5 screw insert for optional brackets.
Center Channel Speaker: The center channel speaker uses a 2-5/8" full range cone driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The center speaker has rear-mounted spring clip terminals for use with the supplied speaker wire and rubber feet to sit horizontally on the TV or a shelf. There are also two keyhole slots that enable you to mount the speaker to the wall.
Surround Speakers: The surround speakers use a 2-5/8" full range cone driver in a bass-reflex enclosure. The speakers have rear-mounted spring-clip terminals and rubber feet for placing the speaker vertically on a shelf or table. For wall-mounting, you can use the single keyhole slot or the threaded M5 screw insert for optional brackets.
Video-shielding: The front speakers, center channel speaker, and surround speakers are video-shielded, allowing you to place them near your television without causing picture distortion.
Speaker Wiring: Each length of supplied speaker wire has tinned wire on one end, and a color-coded proprietary plug on the other for easy hookup. The color-coded plugs are white (Front Left), red (Front Right), blue (Surround Left), gray (Surround Right), green (Center), and purple (Subwoofer).
Digital Media Port iPod Adapter: The Sony TDM-iP10 Digital Media Port adapter for iPod lets you enjoy iPod audio content through the Sony Bravia Home Theater System.
iPod Compatibility: The TDM-iP10 comes supplied with five iPod adapter inserts which allows the unit to support the following models of iPod.
- iPod touch (1st/2nd generation)
- iPod nano (1st/2nd/3rd/4th generation)
- iPod classic (80/120/160GB)
- iPod video (5th generation)
- iPod photo (4th generation)
- iPod mini (1st/2nd generation)
Note: Make sure your iPod is update to latest firmware version. The Digital Media Port adapter for iPod does support video or photo playback. The TDM-iP10 is not compatible with the iPhone or iPhone 3G. The TDM-iP10 does not support charging of the iPod nano (4th generation) or iPod touch (2nd generation).
Connections: The Sony TDM-iP10 features an Apple dock connector for connection of your iPod. The TDM-iP10 Digital Media Port iPod adapter connects to the Digital Media Port (DMPORT) of the DAV-HDX275, which is located on the rear panel of the amplifier, via its attached 38" proprietary cable. This cable supplies audio and control from your iPod to the DAV-HDX275.
iPod Controls: You can operate your iPod by its own control buttons, the control buttons of the DAV-HDX275, or the Sony Bravia Home Theater System's IR wireless remote control.
Battery Charger: The TDM-iP10 will charge your iPod while the unit is docked.
Inputs: The receiver has the following inputs:
- Rear Panel:
- TV/Video Analog IN: includes RCA analog audio inputs (no video inputs)
- TV/Video Digital IN: includes a coaxial and optical digital audio input (no video inputs)
- Digital Media Port: Proprietary input for use with supplied Digital Media Port iPod adapter and other optional Digital Media port adapters.
- Front Panel:
- Audio In/A.CAL MIC: 3.5mm mini-jack for plugging in the supplied auto calibration microphone, or for connecting an auxiliary portable audio device.
Video Monitor Outputs: You can connect your TV to the system via composite, component video, or HDMI cables, depending upon the type of video input on the TV. The component video jacks can output a progressive signal for a better picture if the connected TV is compatible with HDTV signals. The HDMI output can be set to output a 1080p,1080i, 720p, or 480p video signal. You can select the aspect ratio of the unit's monitor output to match your television's screen size. You can choose from 16:9 Wide, 4:3 Letter Box, or 4:3 Pan Scan. When you use a 16:9 aspect ratio TV, you can adjust the aspect ratio to watch 4:3 aspect ratio video signals. You can choose from Full or Normal. You can also adjust the black level of the unit's component video and HDMI output.
Headphone Output: A 3.5mm mini-jack is provided on the front panel for plugging in headphones for private listening. When you plug in headphones, the main speakers are muted.
The Sony DAV-HDX275 replaces these items
- Video upconversion via HDMI output
- 143 watts x 5 & 285 watts for subwoofer
- auto calibration for easy setup