About the Sony HT-A7000
Fill your room with high-quality sound
The HT-A7000 delivers room-filling sound designed to match the gorgeous visuals of a Sony BRAVIA TV.
Fill your room with high-quality sound
Sony's flagship HT-A7000 sound bar packs 11 built-in speakers and advanced sound technology to deliver a powerful home cinema experience. This sound bar has dedicated height and surround channels, and it supports immersive multichannel audio formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Sound bounces off your ceiling and walls to produce effects that feel like they're coming from all around you, even overhead. The bar even has a pair of built-in subwoofers to reinforce the action onscreen with punchy bass.
Your BRAVIA TV's best friend
This sound bar will rock no matter what TV you have it under, but it was especially designed to complement Sony BRAVIA TVs. If you connect the HT-A7000 to a BRAVIA TV, the sound bar's settings are automatically added to the TV's Quick Settings menu to make things easier. You can also pair the HT-A7000 to a BRAVIA with an extra stereo mini cable (included with the sound bar). That lets the bar and the TV work together to reproduce dialogue and other center channel sounds for a more immersive experience.
Streaming music options aplenty
The HT-A7000 comes with several built-in options for playing your music and other content wirelessly. There's Bluetooth built-in for mobile devices, plus Wi-Fi streaming for playing files on your home network. Apple AirPlay 2 makes it super-easy to play music and more from iOS® devices. Android™ fan? No problem. This bar also streams content through Chromecast built-in, via a wide range of compatible apps.
Connect with HDMI
The bar's HDMI 2.1 connections allows 8K video passthrough or 4K at a super-sharp 120Hz refresh rate. The bar's video passthrough also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) formats like Dolby Vision, so you'll be able to maintain a high-contrast Ultra HD picture from your Blu-ray player or video game console through to your TV. With eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), you can also receive uncompressed audio signals — including Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
If you have a collection of high-resolution music files, you can play them on this sound bar. So, if you've got quality tracks stashed on a USB drive, you can plug it right in and rock out. DSEE Extreme™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) even upscales digital audio files, so you can enjoy better sound with compressed formats like MP3.
Easy wireless add-ons
Get more bass impact when you add an optional 200-watt SA-SW3 or 300-watt SA-SW5 powered subwoofer (sold separately). These subs were designed to complement the HT-A7000 and connect wirelessly for easy placement and setup. Just turn them on, and they'll automatically pair in seconds.
You can also increase your movie-night drama by adding the optional SA-RS3S wireless surround kit (sold separately). This kit delivers true, wraparound rear-channel surround effects. The speakers also connect wirelessly to the sound bar, so you only need to plug into an AC outlet instead of running speaker wire across your room. Just like the subwoofers, this connection happens automatically when you power the speakers on.
- powered 7.1.2-channel sound bar with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- designed to complement Sony BRAVIA TVs
- 11 built-in speakers powered by a 500-watt amplifier
- five front firing drivers with a dedicated center channel
- two beam tweeters for surround effects
- two up-firing drivers for overhead effects
- two built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- X-Balanced rectangular design helps the front speakers, up-firing speakers, and subwoofers deliver punchier bass and better clarity
- Vertical Surround Engine uses virtual surround technology to simulate sounds above you
- S-Force Pro Front Surround processing simulates sound on both sides of your seating position
- press the Immersive AE button on your remote to add overhead effects and increased immersion to conventional surround soundtracks and stereo audio
- integration with Sony BRAVIA TVs automatically adds your sound bar settings to the TV's Quick Settings menu
- Acoustic Center Sync lets the bar and a compatible Sony BRAVIA TV work together to reproduce dialogue and other center channel sounds
- requires an additional stereo mini connection (cable included)
- plays high-res audio files
- DSEE Extreme™ uses artificial intelligence to upscale compressed digital files in real time
- 360 Reality Audio delivers an immersive music listening experience with compatible music streaming services
- works with 360 Reality Audio tracks on Deezer, TIDAL, and more (subscription may be required)
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround, DTS Master Audio, and DTS:X
- Sound Field Optimization calibrates your sound to match the room, using the bar's built-in mic
- compatible with optional SA-SW3 or SA-SW5 wireless subwoofers for powerful bass (sold separately)
- compatible with optional SA-RS3S wireless speaker kit for true surround sound (sold separately)
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- built-in Spotify® Connect for music streaming
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you easily stream from iOS® devices
- Chromecast built-in lets you stream from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- control the sound bar with your voice using a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa device
Connections, accessories, and general info:
- 2 HDMI 2.1 inputs, 1 output
- input is HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 8K and 4K/120Hz video passthrough with support for Dolby Vision and HDR10
- optical digital audio input
- 3.5mm analog stereo mini input
- USB input for playing music from a thumb drive
- plays MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, and WAV files
- includes remote control
- 51-1/8"W x 3-1/4"H x 5-5/8"D
- weight: 19.2 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTA7000
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RMT-AH509U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" HDMI cable
- 6.5' Stereo minijack cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screws
- Wall-Mount Template
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Sony HT-A7000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony HT-A7000
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||7.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||S-Force Pro Front + Vertical Surround Engine|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||0.625" Dome (2)|
|Midrange||1.8125"x2.125" Cone (7)|
|Woofer||2.0"x3.8125" Cone (2)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||500|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||8K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Alexa & Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 5.0|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/4H x 51-1/8W x 5-5/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||19.1 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
7.1.2ch Active Soundbar Speaker: The Sony HT-A7000 active soundbar speaker envelops you in immersive 7.1.2 channel surround sound with its multiple speaker array, built-in subwoofer, and advanced audio technologies. The HT-A7000 features 7.1.2 channel configuration with five front-firing speakers for discrete front stereo imaging and center-channel dialog, two angled side-firing beam tweeters for a wider surround stage, plus two up-firing speakers for overhead sound effects, as well as two built-in subwoofers for deep bass.
- Discrete Front & Center Speakers: Five 1.8125" x 2.125" front-firing drivers create discrete front and center channels to provide high quality stereo sound and high vocal clarity with less distortion.
- Beam Tweeters: Two angled side-firing 0.625" beam tweeters, along with Sony's S-Force PRO Front Surround bounce sound off the side walls and expand the surround sound image to give you an immersive experience that goes beyond the size of your TV.
- Up-Firing Speakers: Two 1.8125" x 2.125" up-firing speakers in combination with Sony's Vertical Surround Engine reflect sound off the ceiling for an immersive, atmospheric overhead sound experience.
- Built-in Subwoofers: Two built-in Sony X-balanced 2.0" x 3.8125" subwoofers deliver high sound pressure for clear, deep bass with low distortion.
S-Master HX Digital Amplifier: The HT-A7000 active soundbar speaker employs Sony's S-Master HX digital amplifier that delivers 500 watts of power (each driver receiver 45.5 watts of power). Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master HX digital amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion caused by heat build-up.
Sony Audio Technologies: Utilizing Sony's Vertical Surround Engine and S-Force PRO Front Surround technologies, the HT-A7000 creates virtual surround sound that comes from all around you so you can fully enjoy the thrill of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie and music soundtracks. Sony's X-Balanced Driver design delivers punchier bass and clearer vocals with less audible distortion.
- X-Balance Driver Design: The up-firing speakers, built-in subwoofers, and front speakers feature Sony's X-Balanced speaker design. The unique rectangular shape of these speakers maximizes the diaphragm area for more punchy bass. It also reduces driver excursion while maintaining sound pressure, resulting in less distortion and greater vocal clarity.
- S-Force Pro Front Surround: Using front speakers only, Sony’s unique digital sound field processing technology virtually reproduces the surround sound field, with audio coming at you from both sides. You can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound without cluttering your living space.
- Vertical Surround Engine: Thanks to Sony's virtual surround technology, the soundbar can position sound in vertical space, so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling speakers. As well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, the Vertical Surround Engine lends a more realistic, multi-dimensional sound to other formats too - even stereo audio.
Digital Surround Sound Formats: The Sony HT-A7000 active soundbar speaker supports the following multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI & optical digital inputs.
|Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI||Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital |
DTS:X, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS
|PCM||2ch / 5.1ch / 7.1ch|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS|
Immersive Audio Enhancement (AE): The Sony HT-A7000 supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie & music soundtracks. It can also upconvert non Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content to 3D (three-dimensional) surround sound. Sony's clever Audio Enhancement (AE) algorithm adds overhead sound to conventional surround soundtracks and even stereo audio, converting everything you listen to into immersive sound experiences.
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
Soundfield Optimization: The HT-A7000 features built-in microphones that intelligently measures the position of the soundbar, vertically and horizontally, to optimize the sound to your room. Sound Field Optimization can also be applied to Sony's optional wireless powered sub and surround speakers (sold separately). You can also choose to manually adjust speaker distance and channel level.
Sound Modes: The Sony HT-A7000 offers a variety of Sound modes for enhanced movie and music enjoyment. Choose between Auto, Standard, Cinema, or Music.
- Auto: The appropriate Sound mode is automatically selected from Standard, Cinema, or Music.
- Standard: The Standard mode delivers 2ch stereo playback for your TV shows.
- Cinema: The Cinema mode lets you feel and hear the action all around you as sound travels behind you and draws you into the movie experience.
- Music: The Music mode lets you hear all the vividness and richness of your favorite music in fine detail.
Voice & Night Modes: The HT-A7000 incorporates two Sound Effect modes - Voice & Night. With Voice mode, you'll be sure to hear every whisper and character nuance of the dialog compared to other sounds in the scene for a dynamic experience. Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels.
Bravia Acoustic Center Sync: When the HT-A7000 is connected to a 2021-up Sony Bravia XR TV with Acoustic Center Sync using the S-Center Out and supplied stereo minijack cable, both the soundbar and the TV become the center speaker in your home cinema system. Bravia Acoustic Center Sync enables the audio to precisely match what's on the screen for a truly immersive experience. With Acoustic Center Sync, you'll hear dialog from exactly where the character is standing in the scene. By precisely aligning the action and sound, your entertainment experience becomes much more immersive.
Note: BRAVIA Acoustic Center Sync mode currently works with the following Sony Bravia XR TV models - Z9J, A90J, A80J, and X95J series.
DSEE Extreme: Sony's DSEE Extreme (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) upscales compressed digital music files in real time. Dynamically recognizing instrumentation, musical genres, and individual elements of each song, such as vocals or interludes, it restores the high-range sound lost in compression for a richer and more natural sound.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Retain Channel): Along with standard ARC (Audio Return Channel), the Sony HT-A7000's HDMI output supports eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel). ARC and eARC allows audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- eARC will support uncompressed audio formats like Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD), DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, DTS HD Master Audio, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- ARC is limited to Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS ES, and 2/5.1/7.1ch PCM.
- Your TV will also need to support eARC or ARC for this feature to work. Some newer TVs will support eARC, but most TVs only support ARC.
- The ARC-enabled HDMI input on some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar system directly; and then connect the system's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Analog & Digital Audio Inputs: The Sony HT-A7000 features both analog (minijack) and digital (optical) audio inputs for connecting external audio sources such as your DVD player and CD player that do not offer HDMI connectivity. There is single minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input and one optical (toslink) digital audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and PCM (2ch) audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Optional Wireless Surround Sound: From more bass to hearing objects fly around you, an optional wireless powered subwoofer and wireless rear speakers help to enhance the HT-A7000's performance and your home theater experience. The wireless powered subwoofer and rear speakers automatically connect to the HT-A7000 soundbar, making setup simple and fast.
- Optional Wireless Rear Speakers: Add the Sony SA-RS3S wireless rear speakers (sold separately) to Sony HT-A7000 soundbar for discrete surround channels that will enhance your home theater experience by immersing you in your movie soundtrack. Only one set of wireless speakers can be connected to the Sony HT-A7000.
- Optional Wireless Powered Sub: Add the Sony SA-SW3 or SA-SW5 wireless powered subwoofer (both sold separately) to give the Sony HT-A7000 soudbar speaker system bigger and deeper bass that is more powerful and impactful. Only one wireless powered sub can be connected to the Sony HTA-7000.
HDMI 2.1: The Sony HT-A7000 is equipped with two HDMI inputs and one HDMI eARC output to connect your TV, Blu-ray player, cable/satellite receiver, and/or game console. The HDMI inputs and output support the latest HDMI 2.1 specifications - including 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz pass-through, HDCP 2.2, 4:4:4 color sub sampling, BT.2020 wide color space, & HDR (high dynamic range) video.
- 8K/60Hz & 4K/120Hz Pass-Through: The HT-A7000 supports up to 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz UHD video pass-through. It will also pass 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p video signals (480i video signal are not supported).
- HDCP 2.3: HDCP 2.3 is supported by the soundbar system's HDMI inputs and output. HDCP 2.3 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Sub sampling: The system's HDMI jacks support RGB, Cyber 4:4:4 color sub sampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as Cyber 4:2:2 and Cyber 4:2:0 color sub sampling. With 4:4:4, luminance (brightness) and Chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 48Gbps HDMI cable for the 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz video.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): HDR (High Dynamic Range) reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, bringing greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the soundbar system and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma): HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SIR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SIR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses not metadata, Dolby Vision adjusts brightness, color, and contrast automatically for each scene. Dynamic metadata carries information that maps every image to your TV's display capabilities, so you see more of what the content creator intended.
Gaming Features (Future Firmware Update): Enjoy immersive gaming experience with optimized picture settings by Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode when connecting a 2021-up Sony Bravia XR TV and PlayStaion 5. The future firmware update is not scheduled until Spring of 2022.
AV Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large TV or a projection screen. When activated, the delay can be adjusted from 0-300ms (in 25 ms increments).
3D-Ready: The HT-A7000 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games and other 3D content through its HDMI connection (720p/1080i/1080p only). 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
Standby Pass-Through: You can conveniently access the HT-A7000s HDMI inputs and HDMI output through your TV without having to power on the system.
WiFi Certified: The Sony HT-A7000 is WiFi certified and features 2.4/5.0GHz Dual-Band WiFi (802.11ac) support for connection to your home's WiFi network router and ISP (internet service provider). By connecting the Sony soundbar to your WiFi network and ISP, you can access Chromecast built-in apps, AirPlay 2, and Spotify Connect; as well voice control using a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa device (sold separately). The Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) or the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) can be used for WiFi network setup.
Note: The Sony HT-A7000 does not feature an Ethernet (RJ45) jack for a wired network connection.
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Sony soundbar system and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the soundbar. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Sony soundbar speaker system.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select, and stream audio to the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar within the Spotify app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Works With Amazon Alexa: With the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) and Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), you can link the HT-A7000 soundbar with an Amazon Alexa enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for access to select online music apps that support Alexa voice control. Compatible music apps include Amazon Music, Apple Music, Tidal, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, SiriusXM, and more. By simply talking to an Alexa enabled device (sold separately), you can stream these music apps to the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar speaker system.
Chromecast Built-in: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Sony HT-A7000. You'll be able to cast many of your favorite internet radio stations, online music services, and podcast to the Sony soundbar speaker system. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the HT-A7000. While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the Sony soundbar speaker system. Use the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to setup Chromecast built-in on your mobile device and the Sony active soundbar speaker system.
- Music & Radio: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply) - click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps. You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 6.0+) device to the Sony HT-A7000. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers throughout your home to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same or different Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or with your voice using a Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase a Google Assistant enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Sony speaker and your Google Assistant device must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
DLNA Certified: The Sony HTA-7000 is DLNA certified. By connecting the soundbar to your home network, you can listen to a variety of music files (including Hi Res) stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA (ver.1.5) compatible media server. The system can recognize up to 999 folders and 999 files.
- High Resolution Formats: FLAC (44.1-192k; 16/24-bit), AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit), & DSD (2.8MHz)
- Uncompressed Formats: WAV (8-48kHz; 16/24-bit) & ALAC (32-96kHz; 16/24-bit)
- Compressed Formats: MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps) & AAC (48-320kbps)
360 Reality Audio: Immerse yourself in sound all around you with 360 Reality Audio; as real as if you are there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio - music has never been so immersive and so real. Because 360 Reality Audio tracks incorporate three-dimensional sound location data, they're able to deliver the ultimate in ambient room-filling sound. You'll need to subscribe to a 360 Reality Audio music streaming service (including Amazon Music, Tidal, Deezer, or Nugs.Net) to enjoy this new music experience. You'll also need to download the Sony Music Center app onto your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as connect your compatible mobile device and the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar to the same WiFi network.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Sony HT-A7000 soundbar speaker system features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless audio streaming and control. The system can act as a Bluetooth Receiver in order to wirelessly stream music from an audio device, or a Bluetooth Transmitter in order to wirelessly stream music to a set of Bluetooth-enabled headphones (sold separately). The HT-A7000 soundbar has an expanded wireless Bluetooth range of 98'
- LDAC Codec Support: In addition to support for Bluetooth standard SBC codec and Apple's AAC codec, the system also supports Sony's newest LDAC codec. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music. LDAC is supported in Bluetooth Receiver & Transmitter mode. Both the source and playback device must support LDAC.
- SSP (Secure Simple Pairing): The HT-A7000 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices and headphones (up to 9). However, only one device or headphone can be used for playback at a time. Once paired, the soundbar system will automatically re-connect to your source device or headphone when within range.
Bluetooth Receiver Mode: In Receiver Mode, the Sony HT-A7000 offers support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and wireless TV connectivity.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the Sony soundbar system. You'll continue to control your wirelessly streamed audio and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth source device.
- Wireless TV Connectivity: You can even setup your Bluetooth-enabled TV to stream its audio wirelessly to the soundbar speaker system. Audio streamed from a Bluetooth-enabled TV will be limited to 2ch PCM without support for Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. During a wireless Bluetooth connection, you can use the TV's remote or the soundbar's remote to raise and lower the volume.
Bluetooth Transmitter Mode: In Transmitter mode, you can enjoy listening to audio from the soundbar speaker system's HDMI, Optical, Analog, or USB connected sources; as well as AirPlay 2, DLNA, and Spotify Connect through a set of Bluetooth headphones (sold separately). The soundbar speaker system is muted when transmitting audio wirelessly over Bluetooth to a set of headphones. Volume is controlled by both the soundbar and your Bluetooth headphones.
- You cannot use the Bluetooth Receiver Mode and Transmitter Mode at the same time. Meaning, you cannot transmit a Bluetooth source from the Sony HT-A7000 out to a set of Bluetooth headphones.
- When using Chromecast built-in, a set of headphones cannot be connect to the soundbar speaker system via Bluetooth.
USB Port: The soundbar speaker system is equipped with a rear-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy music files stored on a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, such as a Sony WALKMAN or USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT12/16/32). Compatible music files range from compressed music files to high resolution music files (the system can recognize up to 500 folders and 500 files). You can use the system's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files with song/artist info (no album art) on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the soundbar speaker system's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode. Compatible music files include -
- High Resolution Formats: FLAC (44.1-192k; 16/24-bit), AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit), & DSD (2.8MHz)
- Uncompressed Formats: WAV (8-48kHz; 16/24-bit) & ALAC (32-96kHz; 16/24-bit)
- Compressed Formats: MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps) & AAC (48-320kbps)
Note: The USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets. The USB port does not support USB hubs or card-readers. You cannot connect a desktop compute or laptop to the USB port.
Front-Panel Display & On Screen Menu: The Sony HT-A7000's front-panel display will indicate source selection, volume level, and menu settings. The front-panel display does not support song/artist/album information. You can set the front-panel display's dimmer to Bright, Dark, or Off. The soundbar also provides an on-screen display through its HDMI output for setup, operation, and song/artist info with album art. In addition, the soundbar's settings automatically appear on a 2021-up Bravia XR TV's Quick Settings menu for easy control of sound modes, soundfield and volume. This feature currently works with the following Sony Bravia XR TV models - Z9J, A90J, A80J , X95J, X90J, X85J, and X80J series.
Sony Music Center App: The Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) gives you wireless control of the Sony HT-A7000 from your compatible smartphone or tablet device.. The Sony Music Center app supports Power on/off functions, Volume up/down control, Source selection, and a variety of audio settings (including 360 Reality Audio, Immersive Audio Enhancement, and Sound Modes).
Voice Control: The Sony HT-A7000 offers support for voice control using a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa enabled device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). With the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) and Chromecast built-in, you can use a Google Assistant enabled device to control music playback with only your voice. With the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+), you can link an Amazon Alexa device to control music apps and group other Amazon Alexa devices.
Note: Voice command operations are not available solely on the speaker. By using a Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa enable device (sold separately), you can use voice commands to control music playback.
IR Remote: The Sony HT-A7000 comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the soundbar speaker system.
HDMI Control: HDMI Control allows you to easily manage and operate an HDMI Control compatible television and other audio/video components with a single remote, when all components are connected via HDMI. By connecting HDMI-CEC components operation is simplified in the following ways -
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a Blu-ray Disc Player, the soundbar speaker system and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the soundbar speaker system.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the soundbar system and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
Mounting Options: The Sony HT-A7000 can simply be placed on a shelf or wall-mounted using the included brackets (mounting screws not included). If you have a 2021-up Sony Bravia XR TV with a multi-position stand, you can change the position of the TV stand and fit the active soundbar speaker discreetly beneath the television for a clean look. Because of its upfiring drivers, you should leave at least 4.75" to 7.875" between the bottom of the TV and the top of the soundbar speaker.
Note: Because the included mounting brackets install from the bottom of the soundbar, the HT-A7000 is not compatible with other 3rd-party brackets (including Sonos).
Detachable AC Power Cord with Auto Standby: The Sony HT-A7000 comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into the back of the active soundbar speaker and an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The soundbar enters standby mode automatically when no controls are activated and no input signal is received for 20 minutes.