About the Sony HT-MT300
Big sound from an extra-small package
My upstairs living room is small, but it's where my family watches most of our TV. We added a mini sound bar about the size of this Sony HT-MT300, and no longer have to strain to hear dialogue. Sony's special processing delivers a surprisingly large soundstage for movies and shows. And this super-compact bar includes a slim subwoofer that you can hide anywhere in the room — including under a couch or bed — for deep, thrilling bass. Pro tip: use the "night mode" if you have young kids or nearby neighbors trying to sleep. It will curb the "boom" of the sub, but speech will still be easy to understand.
- 2.1-channel bar-and-sub system
- ultra-compact design for easier placement
- low-profile sound bar with a clean design
- slim subwoofer can fit neatly below a couch
- 15 watts x 2 built-in amplification
- two full-range drivers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music playback from compatible smartphones, tablets, music players, and computers
- built-in Dolby® sound decoding
- Sony's S-Force® PRO Front Surround technology offers an immersive listening experience
- "voice" control raises dialogue levels
- "night mode" curbs louder noises for late-night viewing
- 19-3/4"W x 2-1/8"H x 4-1/16"D
- weight: 3.1 lbs.
- slim design with "sofa mode" for better performance when placed under a couch
- 50-watt (peak) built-in amplifier
- front-firing 4-3/4" cone woofer
- syncs wirelessly with sound bar
- stands vertically or sits horizontally for flexible placement options
- subwoofer tone and volume controls (via remote) to customize bass response
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 3-3/4"W x 15-1/16"H x 14-3/8"D (vertical)
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTMT300
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SA-MT300)
- Wireless powered sub (SA-WMT300)
- AC power adapter (attached 55" DC cord)
- 21" AC power cord
- Remote control (RMT-AH301U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 4 Self-adhesive pads
- Operation Instructions
- Startup Guide
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
More details on the Sony HT-MT300
Features & specs
|Enclosure||Sealed (Bar),Ported (Sub)|
|Pieces in System||2|
|Midrange||1.5" x 3.9375" Cone (2)|
|Subwoofer Driver||4.75" Cone|
|Surround Sound Decoding||No|
|4K Video Compatible||No|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Audio Return Channel||1|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Works with TV Remote (IR)||No|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in (4.2)|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Surface Mount Stand Included||No|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||30|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||50|
|Inputs and Outputs|
|Mini Stereo Audio Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Audio Inputs||None|
|Optical Digital Audio Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs||None|
|Sound Bar (inches)||2-1/8H x 19-11/16W x 4-1/2D|
|Sound Bar Weight||3.1 lbs|
|Subwoofer (inches)||15H x 3-3/4W x 14-9/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||10.8 lbs|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The Sony HT-MT300's active soundbar speaker houses two full-range, 1.5" x 3.9375" cone drivers in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure, powered by a 15 watt x 2-channel S-Master digital amplifier. The soundbar speaker acts as your home theater systems front and center speakers as well as giving you the effect that you have rear speakers positioned behind you.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The Sony HT-MT300's wireless powered sub is equipped with a front-firing 4.75" woofer in a bass-reflex enclosure with front-firing port, powered by a built-in 50W S-Master digital amplifier. The wireless powered subwoofer gets its signal from the system's soundbar wirelessly, via 5.8GHZ RF wireless transmission (up to 30'). You can adjust the level of the powered sub independently from the system's main volume.
Note: You can specify the wireless connection between the soundbar and the subwoofer using the Secure Link function. This function can help prevent interference if you use multiple wireless products.
Sony Technologies: The HT-MT300 incorporates three Sony technologies to give you clear virtual surround sound without distortion.
- S-Master Digital Amplifier: Enjoy the best of digital audio with the S-Master digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion from heat build-up.
- S-Force Pro Front Surround: Enjoy immersive, cinematic audio and virtual surround sound in your room with S-Force Pro Front Surround, a technology that reproduces a virtual surround acoustic field from only two front speakers. S-Force Pro Front Surround provides realistic surround sound from this two-piece home theater system. Unlike other "virtual surround" technologies, rear sound is generated from the soundbar speaker using sophisticated digital sound processing and does not need to be bounced off of side walls. No matter what the size or shape of the room or what is on the wall, it is possible to hear sounds from behind you without needing to place speakers behind you.
- ClearAudio+: Unique to Sony, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound.
Audio Modes: The HT-MT300 soundbar system offers various audio modes to customize your music or movie listening experience.
- Movie: Audio is played back with surround effects that are realistic and powerful; perfect for movies.
- Music: Audio is optimized for listening to music and music videos,
- Voice: With Voice mode, you'll be sure to hear every whisper and character nuance of the dialog compared to other sounds in the scene for a dynamic experience.
- Night: Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels. When you turn the system off, the Night mode will also turn off.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
Digital + Analog Audio Inputs: The Sony HT-MT300 soundbar system features both digital (optical) & analog (minijack) audio inputs for connecting your television. There is one optical (toslink) digital input and one stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital and 2ch PCM audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some newer flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray player or satellite/cable box).
USB-A Port: The Sony HT-MT300 offers a USB-A port for connection of a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, like a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The soundbar system's USB-A port supports MP3, WMA, and WAV music playback from compatible USB MSC devices formatted in FAT32 or NTFS. The unit can recognize up to 200 music folder and up to 200 music files per folder. The USB-A port can also be used to charge your portable digital audio player.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Sony HT-MT300 features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.2 with support for A2DP 1.2 & AVRCP 1.6 which allows you to wirelessly stream and control music on your Bluetooth-enabled device through the soundbar system. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop and more to the Sony HT-MT300.
- Music Playback Control: You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track) using the included remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the speaker system or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
- SSP + NFC Pairing: The HT-MT300 can wirelessly pair with up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the soundbar speaker's NFC logo and they're paired. NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed. Once paired, the HT-MT300 speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony HT-MT300.
SongPal Remote App (via Bluetooth): By downloading Sony's free SongPal remote app (from Apple's App Store or Google Play), you can use your Apple iOS (9.0+) or Android (4.4+) device to control the HT-MT300 system via Bluetooth. From the SongPal remote app, you can select input sources, switch to other entertainment apps, and customize sound settings of the soundbar speaker system. You can even use the SongPal Remote app to stream stored music and music apps from your Apple iOS or Android device to the Sony HT-MT300 system.
IR Remote The Sony HT-MT300 comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the system.
Mounting Options: The active soundbar speaker features a stylish, compact design with soft angles to complement almost any decor and fit in front of your TV without blocking the screen or IR sensor. The wireless powered subwoofer can be placed upright by your TV stand or end-table, or tucked horizontally and discreetly under a sofa. There is a Sofa Mode that optimizes bass frequencies and eliminates sound loss from sofa cushions.
Note: The soundbar and sub are not wall-mountable.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and wireless powered sub will both need to be plugged into an AC wall outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner. The active soundbar speaker comes with an AC power adapter with an attached 55" DC cord and a detachable 21" AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features an attached 5.5' AC power cord.
Auto Standby: When there is no audio signal and you do not operate the soundbar system for approximately 20 minutes, the system will enter standby mode automatically.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked