About the Sony HT-ST5000
Sensibly sized bar with over-the-top Atmos sound
The Sony HT-ST5000 uses up-firing drivers to reflect sound off your ceiling and heighten the soundstage.
Sensibly sized bar with over-the-top Atmos sound
Three-dimensional Dolby Atmos sound can make your shows and movies sound downright riveting. But a bunch of extra gear in the TV room, including overhead speakers? That just doesn't work for everyone. The Sony HT-ST5000 sound bar is an easy-to-set-up system that fits in most rooms — and it can still bring the Atmos “wow” factor.
Other companies have used extra-large sound bars or separate surround speakers to accomplish Atmos sound. Those solutions are certainly more space-friendly than a full home theater setup. Still, I appreciate that Sony has kept the HT-ST5000's dimensions more in line with the average bar-and-sub combo.
Just how smart is Sony's use of space?
Sony employs an array of nine angled drivers, plus a separate wireless sub to tackle the low-end boom. They place the front drivers deep into the cabinet, so they can make them as large as possible. Each of the dedicated left, right, and center-channel drivers has a two-way coaxial design. That means there's a tweeter and a woofer in the same speaker – giving you full-range sound for the entire front stage.
Two hidden drivers are positioned on top of the sound bar so they can propel sound off your ceiling. This heightens the soundstage and takes advantage of Atmos' realistic overhead effects — like a helicopter flyover or heavy downpour — without using extra speakers.
Many ways to connect
The Sony HT-ST5000 also plays nice with the latest 4K TVs, Ultra-HD Blu-ray players, and Roku 4K devices. You can hook up several components directly to the sound bar thanks to three HDMI inputs and one output. All are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting 4K video sources — including those with HDR (high dynamic range). There's also an optical digital audio and a 3.5mm minijack input.
“Hey Google, play Clapton in the living room”
In the near future, we might control all of our music by voice command. The Sony HT-ST5000 is ahead of the curve. It's compatible with the Google Home voice assistant. This combination gives you hands-free control over the music playing through the sound bar.
The two devices communicate over your Wi-Fi network via the sound bar's Chromecast built-in for audio feature. You can give the the sound bar a name, like "living room," so that voice commands are more natural. Then say “OK Google, play my party mix in the living room,” and you'll hear your playlist through the HT-ST5000's powerful driver array.
Lots of music choices
Chromecast built-in lets you stream music from Pandora®, Spotify®, Google Play, and more. You can control them through Google Home or on your phone.
There's also Bluetooth built in, so guests can easily pair up and play tunes wirelessly. And the side USB port will accept a thumb drive full of music — including high-resolution downloads.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The HT-ST5000 is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player you download to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It gives you multi-room audio playback for all your Chromecast-compatible devices and more. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription. Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 7.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- Atmos and DTS:X offer heightened, three-dimensional soundstage
- allows pass-through of 4K and HDR content
- supports HDR10 format and Dolby Vision™
- works with Google Home voice controller
- gives you voice control over music features and volume
- 9 built-in speakers
- two up-firing drivers are angled to reflect sound off the ceiling for overhead Atmos effects
- two-way coaxial left, right, and center speakers (woofer and tweeter inside each speaker)
- four long-throw speakers for simulated surround sound
- 12-channel amplifier
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD
- built-in Dolby Atmos decoding
- DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X are available through a firmware update.
- Sony's S-Force® PRO Front Surround technology offers an immersive listening experience
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- 46-1/2"W x 3-1/4"H x 5-3/4"D
- weight: 19.4 lbs.
Wireless Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for music streaming and wireless multi-room audio with compatible Sony speakers (sold separately)
- Chromecast built-in for streaming music from the cloud with compatible mobile apps
- supported apps include Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play Music, TIDAL, and TuneIn radio
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, HRA, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, and DSD files
- high-resolution music files play via USB
- DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ sound modes for restoring compressed music
- free downloadable Sony SongPal app (available from iTunes Store and Google Play) helps connect the sound bar to your wireless network and controls music playback, and volume
- also gives you control over other compatible Sony speakers as part of a multi-room music system
- Spotify Connect lets you stream Spotify through the sound bar, controlled by your phone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming to and from compatible sources
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for flexible placement options
- front-firing 6-1/2" cone woofer
- built-in amplifier
- AC power required, cord included
- subwoofer tone and volume controls (via remote) to customize bass response
- 9-13/16"W x 15-7/8"H x 16-11/16"D
- weight: 32 lbs.
Connections and General Info:
- 3 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- HDMI connections support 4K/HDR video, Audio Return Channel, and HDMI-CEC
- support for eARC with firmware update
- optical digital audio input (cable included)
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive or external hard drive for music
- 3.5mm analog minijack aux input
- Ethernet jack for connection to a wired home network
- total system power: 800 watts
- remote control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HTST5000
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (SA-ST5000)
- Wireless powered sub (SA-WST-5000)
- Remote control (RMT-AH310U)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' HDMI cable
- Operating Instructions
- Startup Guide
- Warranty Information
- Online Product Registration
- Wall-Mount Template
Sony HT-ST5000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony HT-ST5000
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||S-Force Pro Front Surround|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Subwoofer Driver||7.125" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||280|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||100|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4K|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Google Assistant optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||No|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.1|
|Files on Your Network||Yes|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n|
|Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||3-1/4H x 46-1/2W x 5-3/4D|
|Sound Bar Weight||19.375 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-7/8H x 9-13/16W x 16-11/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||32 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Enabled Soundbar: The Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar is both Dolby Atmos & DTS:X enabled (DTS:X requires available firmware update). The HT-ST500 soundbar is equipped with a total twelve drivers - three 0.75" tweeters and nine 2.125" mid-woofers - all driven by a 20W RMS (50W Peak) x 12 channel S-Master HX digital amplifier. The soundbar is divided into 3.2 channels with left, right, & center channel drivers on the front side of speaker, plus left & right elevation speakers on top of the soundbar. The left and right front channels each consist of a 0.75" tweeter and 2.125" mid-woofer, while the center channel consists of one 0.75" tweeter and four 2.125" mid-woofers. The left & right elevation top speakers each consist of one 2.125" mid-woofer.
- S-Master HX Digital Amplifier: The HT-ST5000's active soundbar utilizes Sony's S-Master HX digital amplifier. Using a simplified, full digital signal path, the S-Master HX digital amplifier reproduces digital audio signals without the multiple analog stages required by conventional amplifiers. The result is not just more power, but significantly less distortion caused by heat build-up. The S-Master HX digital amp reduces distortion for precise results with high-frequency ranges (above 40kHz).
- Magnetic Fluid Speaker Technology: The soundbar employs Magnetic Fluid Speaker technology. In conventional speakers, dampers provide suspension and stability for voice coils, which unfortunately create unwanted noise and distortion. By eliminating speaker dampers and replacing them with magnetic fluid speaker technology, energy efficiency is dramatically improved, and mid and high ranges are extended in incredible detail and clarity. With Magnetic Fluid Speaker technology, the HT-ST50000 allows a more accurate revealing sound, in addition to cranking out 1.6x the volume of a conventional speaker.
- Multi-Driver Configuration: The soundbar's center channel, plus left and right front channels, each consist of a tweeter and woofer combination that work together inside a single speaker unit to deliver precisely aligned audio across frequencies for accurate, detailed sound. Optimized for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, two top-mount drivers fire upward to bounce sound off the ceiling in order to reproduce overhead sound for an immersive three-dimensional effect.
- Mounting Options: The soundbar speaker can be simply table-top mounted or mounted to the wall using the speaker's integrated keyhole slots (mounting screws not provided). The keyhole slots are spaced 33.125" apart.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered subwoofer features a front-firing 7.125" woofer powered by a built-in 100W (RMS)/200W (Peak) amplifier for dynamic bass response. A bottom-firing oval 7.875" x 11.875" passive radiator aids in delivering deeper, bigger bass performance. You can even increase or decrease the wireless powered sub's volume level independent from the system's overall volume level. The powered subwoofer receives its LFE audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via RF (5GHz) and has a range of approximately 33'. You will still to plug the wireless powered sub into an AC wall outlet.
S-Force PRO Front Surround: Sony's virtual surround sound combines Digital Signal Processing and S-Force PRO Front Surround with wavefront technology to emulate a natural, three-dimensional soundfield (without overhead or rear speakers) all from a single soundbar and subwoofer. Compatible digital audio formats include -
|Digital Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|PCM||2ch to 7.1ch|
|Bitstream||Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X|
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, DTS|
Note: DTS, DTS-HD, DTS:X are available through an available firmware update.
Soundfields: You can easily enjoy pre-programmed sound effects that are tailored to different kinds of source content. Choose between Movie, Music, Game Studio, Sports, Standard, or 3D Surround. 3D surround lets you enjoy movies, games, music, sports and more with sound that virtually flows all around the room surrounding you virtually from all directions.
Clear Audio+: By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound. From Game mode to Movie or Music mode, ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings to suit whatever you're watching or listening to.
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) HX: DSEE HX upscaling technology uses an algorithm to analyze your music and replace lost harmonics, restoring audio signals to near high-resolution quality. It upscales compressed digital music files (2ch 44.1/48kHz) and makes them closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio (up to 96kHz/24-bit equivalent). By restoring the high-range sound lost in the compression process, DSEE HX produces your digital music files in rich, natural sound, closer to the quality of the original recording. This function does not work with DSD music files.
Voice, Night, & DRC Modes: With Voice mode, you'll be sure to hear every whisper and character nuance of the dialog compared to other sounds in the scene for a dynamic experience. Using Night mode, you can enjoy sound effects and hear the dialog clearly even at a low volume levels. The Audio DRC function allows you to compress the dynamic range of Dolby Digital sound tracks.
Speaker & Room Configuration: To obtain the best surround sound possible, you can set the soundbar speaker's and wireless powered sub's distance from your listening position, as well as the output level of the soundbar's front and height speakers, plug the output level of the subwoofer. You can also indicate your room's ceiling height.
ARC & eARC Compatible: Along with standard ARC (Audio Return Channel), the soundbar system will support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) through an available firmware update. ARC and eARC allow audio to be sent from your compatible TV to the soundbar system through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television. eARC will support uncompressed audio formats like Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, & DTS HD Master Audio - where standard ARC is limited to Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS HD, and PCM.
- Your TV will also need to support eARC or ARC for this feature to work. Some newer TVs will support eARC, but most TVs only support ARC.
- The ARC-enabled HDMI input on some TVs will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar system directly; and then connect the system's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
Digital + Analog Audio Inputs: The Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar system features both analog (minijack) and digital (optical) audio inputs for connecting external audio sources such as your DVD player and CD player that do not offer HDMI connectivity. There is single minijack (3.5mm) analog audio input and one optical (toslink) digital audio input. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and 2ch PCM audio signals.
Note: The digital optical output terminals of some flat-panel TVs only send an audio signal in 5.1ch when receiving Dolby Digital/DTS surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch stereo from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
HDMI 2.0a: The Sony HT-ST5000 features three HDMI 2.0a inputs and one HDMI 2.0a output to connect your Ultra HD Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, game console and TV. The HDMI inputs and output support the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications including - 4K pass-through, HDCP 2.2, HDR, 4:4:4 color subsampling, & BT.2020 wide color space.
- 4K/60Hz Pass-Through: 4K/60Hz Pass-Through allows the Sony HT-ST5000 to receive ultra high-definition resolution video and pass the video signal to a 4K compatible TV or display monitor.
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by the system's HDMI 1 input and HDMI ARC output. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- HDR Compatible: A High Dynamic Range video signal delivers exceptional detail, color, and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The unit supports HDR10 out of the box and Dolby Vision through a firmware update.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The system's HDMI 2.0 jacks support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4 color subsampling for more vibrant and lifelike images, as well as YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
Color Technologies: The Sony HT-ST5000 incorporates Triluminos Color, Deep Color, and x.v.Color technologies for perfect color and smooth gradation.
- Triluminos Color: The Sony soundbar speaker system utilizes Sony's Triluminos Color technology to create a heightened sense of depth and incredibly true, natural shades of colors. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better too, with natural skin tones.
- Deep Color: The soundbar speaker system also supports Deep Color which allows the color depth of video signals passing through HDMI to be raised. The number of colors that could be expressed by 1 pixel was 24 bits (16,777,216 colors) with a standard HDMI jack. However, the number of colors which can be expressed by 1 pixel is 36 bits with a Deep Color enabled HDMI jack. Since the gradation of the depth of a color can be expressed more finely with more bits, continuous color changes can be more smoothly expressed.
- x.v.Color: The Sony soundbar system supports x.v.Color, offering a wider color range than the current broadcast standard. For the x.v.Color feature to be useful, the entire video production chain must be compatible (camera-editing-format-player-display).
24p Output: The 24p Output settings allows you to watch movies at their native frame rate 24p format (24 frames per second) when paired with a 24p playback device like a Blu-ray Disc Player.
3D-Ready: The Sony HT-ST5000 is compatible with 3D-ready Blu-ray disc movies, video games and other 3D content through its HDMI connection (720p/1080i/1080p only). 3D viewing requires 3D-ready source with 3D content, 3D-ready HDTV, 3D glasses, and high-speed HDMI cable. Other 3D accessories may also be required.
AV Sync: The audio output can be delayed so that the time gap between the audio output and the visual display is minimized. This is especially helpful when you are using a large LCD or plasma TV or a projection TV. When activated, the delay can be adjusted from 0-300 ms (in 24 ms increments) or set to Auto.
Standby Pass-Through: You can conveniently access all your HDMI connected devices without having to power on the HT-ST5000 system.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Sony HT-ST5000 features a rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) port and built-in WiFi that allow you to connect the system to your home network via a hardwired or wireless connection. By connecting the soundbar speaker system to your home network you are able to stream select online music services from Chromecast built-in and audio files stored on your window-based PC to your home audio system. The following system environment is required to use the network function of this system.
- Broadband Line Connection: A Broadband line connection to the Internet is required in order to listen to select online music services and to use the software update function of the speaker system.
- Modem: This is the device that is connected to the broadband line to communicate with the Internet. Some of these devices are integrated with the router.
- Router: Use a router compatible with 100 Mbps or greater transmission speed to enjoy content on your home network. 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz compatible wireless router for WiFi connection.
- LAN Cable (CAT5): A LAN cable (CAT5) is required for hardwired connection.
Chromecast Built-in: Chromecast Built-in lets you cast many of your favorite music apps from your from your Android (OS 2.3+) smartphone tablet, Apple iOS (7.0+) device, Mac computer, Windows PC, or Chromebook to the Sony wireless speaker system and your speakers. Chromecast Built-in certified apps include Google Play Music, TuneIn, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, and more (click here for a complete list of compatible apps). Chromecast Built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality. Additional Chromecast Built-in features include:
- Simple-to-Use: Chromecast Built-in allows you to search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible phone, tablet or laptop. While you cast your music, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room, all without interrupting what's playing on the receiver's speaker system or draining your battery. Friends and family can even use their own Chromecast Built-in compatible phone or tablet to cast music to your system by connecting to your home's WiFi network.
- Google Home: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase the Google Home Wireless Speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The Sony HT-ST5000 & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select, and stream audio to the Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar & sub system from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android).
DLNA Certified: The Sony HT-ST5000 is DLNA certified. By connecting the HT-ST5000 to your home network, you can listen to a variety of music files (including Hi Res) stored on your Windows PC (w/ Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA (ver.1.5) compatible media server. The system can recognize up to 999 folders and 999 files.
Music Center Multiroom Audio: The Sony HT-ST5000 supports Sony's Music Center multiroom audio feature. Using the Music Center app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android 4.4+), you can link multiple Sony Music Center compatible devices (sold separately) together to create zones, allowing you to stream the same music source or different music sources to all your Music Center compatible speakers or groups of speakers. Compatible sources include the soundbar speaker's HDMI, Optical, and Analog inputs, DLNA computers and servers, plus Chromecast built-in music services and Spotify Connect.
- For the best multiroom experience, Sony recommends configuring your wireless band router to a 5Ghz wireless band.
- Music Center Multiroom is not compatible with USB & Bluetooth audio.
- Music Center was previously known as SongPal Link and will also work with SongPal Link compatible Sony products.
Side-Panel USB Port: The soundbar speaker system is equipped with a side-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy music files stored on a USB mass storage class (MSC) device, such as a Sony WALKMAN or USB thumbdrive (formatted in FAT32). The system can recognize up to 500 folders and 500 files. You can use the system's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the soundbar speaker system's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
Note: The USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad or Android smartphones/tablets.
Compatible Music Files: The Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar speaker system supports the following compressed, uncompressed, and high resolution music files via USB and DLNA.
- Compressed Formats: MP3 (32-320kbps), WMA (48-192kbps) & AAC (48-320kbps)
- Uncompressed Formats: WAV (8-48kHz; 16/24-bit) & ALAC (32-96kHz; 16/24-bit)
- High Resolution Formats: FLAC (44.1-192k; 16/24-bit), AIFF (32-192kHz; 16/24-bit), & DSD (2.8MHz)
Built-in Bluetooth: The Sony HT-ST5000 soundbar speaker system features built-in Bluetooth (version 4.1) for wireless audio streaming and control. The system can act as a Bluetooth receiver in order to wirelessly stream music from an audio device, or a Bluetooth transmitter in order to wirelessly stream music to a set of Bluetooth-enabled headphones.
- Receiver Mode: The Sony HT-ST5000 incorporates Bluetooth A2DP 1.2/AVRCP 1.5, so you can stream music wirelessly from a Bluetooth source device to the soundbar speaker system. You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your source device to the Sony soundbar system. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the included remote control. Song/artist information is displayed on the system's on-screen menu (via HDMI).
- Transmitter Mode: In Transmitter mode, you can enjoy listening to audio from the soundbar speaker system's DLNA content, online music services from Chromecast built-in, as well as connected sources through a set of Bluetooth headphones. The soundbar speaker system is muted when transmitting audio wirelessly over Bluetooth to a set of headphones.
- LDAC Codec Support: In addition to support for Bluetooth standard SBC codec and Apple's AAC codec, the system also supports Sony's newest LDAC codec. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
- SSP & NFC Pairing: The HT-ST5000 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices and headphones (up to 9). Once paired, the soundbar system will automatically re-connect to your source device or headphone when within range (up to 33'). Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the soundbar and they're paired. NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony system.
Music Center Remote App: By downloading Sony's free Music Center app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ & Android 4.4+), you can use your compatible mobile device to control the HT-ST5000 system over a wireless WiFi connection. From the Music Center app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select input sources, switch to other entertainment apps, and customize sound settings of the soundbar speaker system.
IR Remote w/ Pass-Through: The HT-ST5000 comes supplied with a full-function IR remote control for wireless operation of the system. With many other soundbar systems, placing the soundbar speaker on your TV stand can be problematic and block the TV's remote control sensor, forcing you to stand up and angle your remote to control your TV. The HT-ST5000 soundbar speaker's features an IR repeater pass-through which allows your TV remote control commands to pass-through the front of the soundbar to the TV behind it, eliminating this problem.
HDMI Control: HDMI Control allows you to easily manage and operate an HDMI Control compatible television and other audio/video components with a single remote, when all components are connected via HDMI. By connecting HDMI-CEC components operation is simplified in the following ways -
- One-Touch-Play: When you playback a component such as a Blu-ray Disc Player, the soundbar speaker system and the TV are turned on automatically and switch to the appropriate HDMI input.
- System Audio Control: While watching TV, you can select to output the sound from the TV speaker or the soundbar speaker system.
- System Power Off: When you turn off the TV, the soundbar system and connected components are also turned off simultaneously.
On-Screen Display: The Sony HT-ST5000 provides an on-screen display through its HDMI output for setup, operation, and song/artist info with album art.
Auto Standby: The soundbar speaker system entering standby mode automatically when you do no operate the system for approximately 20 minutes and the system is not receiving an input signal.
The Sony HT-ST5000 replaces these items
- sound bar speaker features 9 drivers and 7 amplifiers; 450 watts total system power
- 4 listening modes, subwoofer tone and volume controls, and 3 HDMI inputs
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 for passing copyright protected 4K content
6 questions already asked