About the Sony HVL-HFL1
Sony's versatile HVL-HFL1 is actually two light sources in one. First, it's a video light ideal for brightening dimly lit footage and filling in unwanted shadows caused by direct sunlight. Plus, it's a flash for taking still pictures with your compatible Sony camcorder. This handy light is powered by your camcorder through the Active Interface Shoe, so it doesn't require its own batteries.
A single power switch lets you set the video light to On, Off, or Auto. In Auto mode, the video light turns on automatically when using the camcorder in a dark setting. In addition, this unit's front-mounted sensor automatically controls the brightness level of the flash to ensure proper illumination of your subjects.
For use only with compatible Sony camcorders equipped with the Active Interface Shoe and digital photo mode.
- mounts directly to compatible Sony camcorders with the Active Interface Shoe including the DCR-DVD203, DCR-DVD-403, DCR-HC42, and DCR-HC90
- light is powered by the camcorder's battery through the accessory shoe
- lamp power consumption: 3.5 Watts
- video light illumination range: approximately 11 lux (at 10 feet)
- recommended flash range: 3 to 16 feet
- video lamp color temperature: 3,000 degrees K
- flash color temperature: 5,700 degrees K
- video lighting angle: 15 degrees
- average video light bulb life: approximately 100 hours (bulb is replaceable)
- weight: 1.9 ounces
- 1-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 1-7/8"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HVLHFL1
What's in the box:
- Video flash/light
- Cloth pouch
- Operating Instructions
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
More details on the Sony HVL-HFL1
Features Overview: The Sony HVL-HFL1 functions as a video light and flash when attached to a compatible Sony camcorder.
Compatibility: The HVL-HFL1 can only be used with a Sony camcorder that has the active interface accessory shoe attached.
Controls: The Video Light's On/Off/Auto functions are controlled from the Standby mode of the camcorder. When set to Auto the video light comes on automatically in dark places.
Usage: The HVL-HFL1 can be used as a video light or flash for your Sony camcorder.
- Video Light: provides bright lighting for shooting video in dark places
- Built-in Flash: used for still photography on a camcorder (compatible Sony camcorder must have PHOTO mode)
Power Requirements: Power to the Video Light/Flash is supplied by the camcorder's active accessory shoe.
- Lamp Type: Xenon
- Connection Type: Sony's Active Accessory Shoe
- Power source: 7.2 V DC
- Power consumption: 3.5 W
- Weight: 1.9 oz
- Video Flash Segment:
- Flash Life: Approx. 1,500 times
- Guide no.: equivalent to approx. 10 (ISO100,m)
- Flash Shooting Distance: 3.25' - 16.25'
- Flash Lighting Angle: 45-degree (vertical), 60-degree (horizontal)
- Video Light Segment:
- Maximum Luminous Intensity: Approx. 100 cd
- Lighting Direction: Horizontal
- Lighting Angle: Approx. 15-degrees
- Color Temperature: Approx. 3,000 K
- Average Life of Lamp: Approx. 100 hours
- Illumination Range:
- 3.25 ft at 100 lux
- 6.5 ft at 25 lux
- 9.75 ft at 11 lux
- Continuous lighting time (these are approximate lighting times with a fully charged battery):
Battery Pack used in Camcorder Lighting Duration NP-FA50 30 minutes NP-FA70 60 minutes