About the Sony ICF-CD863V
Wake up to sweet sounds with the ICF-CD863V from Sony! This full-function clock radio features a built-in CD player that will even play your home-burned audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs. With plenty of alarm and snooze options, like three alarm settings and extendable snooze, you can wake up to your favorite radio station, to a buzzer, or to the CD of your choice. The dimmer automatically adjusts itself to the brightness of the room, so it's easy to read the time, even in the wee hours of the morning.
The AM/FM tuner includes 25 presets, and features a TV band that picks up television audio and a weather band for up-to-the-minute weather reports. The ICF-CD863V features a 3-D sound system with adjustable bass, so you'll enjoy surprisingly rich sound from this compact system, especially in the low frequencies!
- single-disc, top-load CD-player
- repeat and random play
- plays CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs
- Snoozinator extendable snooze
- display with automatic brightness control
- nap timer
- mono audio with 3-D sound processing and adjustable bass
- dual 3-1/8" drivers and 3-1/4" woofer
- 4-band digital tuner (AM/FM/TV/weather) with 25 memory presets
- triple alarm (3 times, 3 modes)
- display shows current time and alarm-set time
- 1-minute memory backup in case of power interruption
- minijack headphone output
- 7-3/8"W x 7-3/4"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ICF-CD863V
What's in the box:
- TV/Weather/FM/AM CD clock radio with attached 6' AC cord and 23" FM wire antenna
- Operating instructions
- Owner registration card
- Note about weather channel presets
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony ICF-CD863V
Overview: This is an AM/FM/CD clock radio with a TV band and weather band. The face of this unit is a champagne color, along with the rest of the unit, and is flanked by gray-colored grilles on both sides. Silver-colored buttons are on the front face, and there are also silver-colored buttons on the top front. The CD loads from the top of the unit. The High Quality 3D sound system of this unit includes a built-in woofer.
Gentle Wake/Sleep Function: When the buzzer alarm is chosen, the beeping of the alarm becomes more rapid and increases in relative volume after every few seconds, in three progressive stages. If using the sleep timer, when the timer reaches a remaining time of a few minutes, the sound output will gradually decrease in volume.
Tuner: The radio is a PLL (phase locked loop) synthesized AM/FM/TV/Weather 4-band radio with 10 presets for the FM band, and 5 presets each for AM, TV, and weather.
Three Mode Alarm: The unit allows you to pick from 3 alarm modes - CD, radio or buzzer. You can select a single alarm mode, or choose from a combination of alarm modes. When CD, radio, and buzzer alarms are set for the same time, the CD alarm will take priority. However, if the CD alarm is not set or you set the CD alarm and there is no disc in the CD player, the buzzer or radio will sound in its place.
Daylight Saving Time: Allows you to adjust the time to daylight saving time by pressing a single button.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes, and can be used with either the radio or CD player.
Nap Timer: The nap timer sounds the buzzer after a preset time duration, and can be set for 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Snooze Button: Initially pressing this button on top of the unit turns off the alarm for approximately 10 minutes. Each subsequent time you press this button, the snooze time intervals change as follows: 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60 minutes.
Backlit LCD: The LCD display on this unit is backlit in amber, and has a built-in auto brightness control. The auto brightness control automatically adjusts the backlight brightness of the display in three levels (high, medium, or low) depending on the amount of ambient light detected by the brightness sensor. This feature is defeatable so that you can set the brightness level manually.
Mega Bass: This dial, which is on the left rear of the unit, allows you to dial in the amount of bass boost desired.
- CD Compatibility: This unit will play prerecorded CDs, finalized CD-Rs, and finalized CD-R/W discs. Both 5" and 3" CDs are compatible. Note: playback capability of CD-R and CD-R/W discs will vary depending on the quality of the disc, the recording device, and the application software.
- Controls: CD controls are play, pause, track forward, track reverse and audible search (forwards/backwards).
CD Playback Options:
- Shuffle: You can play all the tracks on the CD in random order.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track or all tracks.
- Shuffle Repeat: All tracks are played repeatedly in random order.
CD Player Section:
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz (+1/-1.5 dB)
- Wow and flutter: Unmeasurable
- Tuner Frequency Range:
- FM Band: 87.5-108 MHz
- AM Band: 530-1710 kHz
- TV Band: Channels 2-13
- Weather Band: Channels 1-7
- Tuner Frequency Steps:
- FM Band: 0.1MHz
- AM Band: 10kHz
- Size: 3 1/8" (77mm) diameter loudspeaker
- Impedance: 3.2 ohms
- Power Output: 1.5W + 1.5W at 10% THD
- Size: 3 1/4" (80mm) diameter
- Impedance: 3.2 ohms
- Power Output: 3.5 W
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Outputs: Standard 3.5mm stereo headphone mini-jack
The Sony ICF-CD863V replaces these items