About the Sony KLV-S19A10
From the styling to the picture quality to the easy, intuitive operation, Sony's 19" KLV-S19A10 keeps things simple. Nearly all of the set's video processing circuitry resides on a single chip, providing improved consistency and reliability.
A touch of the remote control takes you to a graphical onscreen guide, which presents a streamlined menu of the most-used functions. Getting to your favorite channels, or choosing from the list of video sources is a snap. DVD movies look exceptional on this set, and you can even watch HDTV programs if you connect a separate HDTV tuner.
There's a built-in standard TV tuner and more A/V inputs than you usually find on a compact LCD model a total of five. A dedicated PC input lets you easily switch between surfing channels and surfing the Web.
Consumer Alert: This component has only an analog broadcast tuner and will require a converter box after February 17, 2009, to receive over-the-air broadcasts with an antenna because of the Nation's transition to digital broadcasting. Analog-only TVs should continue to work as before with cable and satellite TV services, gaming consoles, VCRs, DVD players, and similar products. For more information, call the Federal Communications Commission at 1-888-225-5322 (TTY: 1-888-835-5322) or visit the Commission's digital television website at: www.dtv.gov
- HDTV monitor (digital TV reception requires a separate HDTV tuner)
- widescreen aspect ratio
- 1280 x 768 pixels
- standard TV tuner
- Wega Gate on-screen operation guide
- built-in stereo speakers (5 watts x 2)
- multibrand remote control
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 3 composite video (2 rear, 1 side)
- 3 S-video (2 rear, 1 side)
- 1 component video (accepts 1080i/720p/480p/480i signals)
- 1 HDMI digital audio/video input
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- detachable tilt/swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 13-7/8"W x 8-5/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 18-1/2"W x 14-1/2"H x 3-3/8"D (16-1/8"H x 8-5/8"D on stand)
- weight: 14 lbs. (without stand)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KLVS19A10
What's in the box:
- 19" Widescreen LCD TV
- RM-YA001 wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AC adapter with 6' Output cord
- 6' AC power cord with in-line ferrite core
- 5' HD15-to-HD15 cable (15 Pin)
- 9' 5" 75-ohm coaxial cable with in-line ferrite core (threaded "F"-type connector on each end)
- Support Belt
- 3/4" Bolt
- 1/2" Self tapping screw
- Operating Instructions (English)
- Operating Instructions (Spanish)
- Operating Instructions (French)
- Quick Setup Guide (English)
- Quick Setup Guide (Spanish)
- Quick Setup Guide (French)
- Wall-Mount Bracket Installation instructions (English/French/Spanish)
- US warranty sheet
- Canadian warranty card
- Online product registration sheet
- Note on connecting coaxial cable
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony KLV-S19A10
Features & specs
Native Resolution: The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals, and will display them as 1280 x 768. The composite video and S-video inputs will accept a 480i signal, and will display it as 1280 x 768.
Wega Gate: Wega Gate is a new feature that allows you to easily navigate to the most convenient TV functions: favorite channels, TV channel list, external input list, or settings.
CineMotion 3/2 Pulldown Processing: This function optimizes the display by automatically detecting film content and applying a reverse 3-2 pulldown process. Moving pictures will appear clearer and more natural-looking.
Picture Mode: You can select one of the following picture modes: Vivid, Standard, or Pro. The Vivid setting enhances picture contrast and sharpness. The Standard setting displays a standard picture for typical viewing environments. The Pro setting displays a picture with professional monitor like appearance (minimum enhancements).
Screen Modes: You can choose from the following Screen Modes:
- With 4:3 Sources:
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the center portion of the 4:3 picture proportionately, while the left and right edges of the screen are stretched to fill the screen
- Normal: Displays the 4:3 picture in its original size with black bars at the left and right sides to fill the screen
- Full: Stretches the entire 4:3 picture horizontally only to fill the screen
- Zoom: Enlarges the entire 4:3 picture proportionately to fill the screen (useful for watching Letterbox movies)
- With 16:9 Sources:
- Full: Displays the picture at its original size
- Zoom: Enlarges the picture proportionately, both vertically and horizontally
- Wide Zoom: Enlarges the picture to fill the screen with minimal distortion
Overscan: This allows you to adjust the viewable picture area, useful for watching tickers or banners at the top or bottom of the screen.
Steady Sound: Steady Sound equalizes volume levels so there is consistent output between programs and commercials.
SRS TruSurround: SRS TruSurround creates a surround effect from a stereo source using only two speakers.
Light Sensor: A sensor measures the amount of ambient light in the room and adjusts the picture brightness level accordingly.
Favorite Channel: This feature allows you to store and quickly access 8 of your favorite channels.
Freeze Function: This function allows you to temporarily capture a program's picture by "freezing" the image. When the picture is frozen, the audio continues normally.
Input Label: Each of the video inputs can be labeled with names (VHS, DVD, Satellite, etc) instead of video 1, video 2, video 3, etc.
Timer: There are two event timers and a sleep timer built in. The event timers are set for the day of the week, time, channel, and duration. The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 15, 30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes.
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on the TV and movie ratings. Three presets are available (Child, Youth, and Y. Adult) or the limitation can be customized to specific industry ratings. The control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit password.
Removable Stand: The display comes mounted on a removable tabletop stand. There is also a support belt supplied which bolts to the base of the stand and is attached to the back of the shelf on which the TV sits. The stand allows 15° swivel left or right, 3° tilt forward (down), and 8° tilt back (up).
VESA Mounting Bracket Standard: The TV also has mounting holes on the back for an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 100 compliant (100mm x 100mm), in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association.
Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on other brands of A/V components, including DVD players, DVD changers, DVD/VCR combo units, VCRs, cable boxes, and satellite receivers.
HDMI: This input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an HDMI terminal. The HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminal provides an uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface between the TV and any HDMI-equipped A/V component, such as a set-top box, DVD player, or A/V receiver. HDMI supports enhanced, or high-definition video, plus two-channel digital audio. With an HDMI-to-DVI cable, you can connect the TV to a DVI-equipped A/V component. When connecting to a DVI-equipped component, the RCA audio inputs are used.
Note: The HDMI input will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
Component Video Inputs: The component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
PC Input (RGB): A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal.
Side Panel Inputs: For convenience, there is an A/V input on the side panel of the TV (not the front). Included are stereo RCA inputs, a composite video input, and an S-video input.
Headphone Jack: Along with the A/V input on the side of the TV, there is a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.
Audio Outputs: The stereo RCA audio jacks are activated when the TV's built-in speakers are turned off and are used to connect the TV to a receiver/amplifier or powered speakers. They can be set for Fixed (volume controlled by the receiver/amplifier) or Variable (volume controlled by the TV) operation.
- Display Unit with Stand: W=18.438", H=16.063", D=8.625"; Weight=21 lbs. 14 oz.
- Display Unit without Stand: W=18.438", H=14.438", D=3.371"; Weight=13 lbs. 15 oz.