About the Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6
From capturing sweeping, panoramic landscapes to taking big group shots indoors at a family gathering, you just can't beat the convenience and performance of Sony's super wide-angle SAL 1118 zoom lens. Pair it with your Sony Alpha digital SLR camera and you'll get a huge field of view and versatile shooting options. The SAL 1118 uses aspherical lens elements and ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass to ensure accurate, razor-sharp images.
- DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 16.5-27mm
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass lens elements
- 3 aspherical lens elements
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f22 (at 11mm)/f29 (at 18mm)
- lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- attachment/filter diameter: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter, 3-3/8" long
- weight: 12.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SAL1118
What's in the box:
- SAL1118 Lens
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Lens hood
- Owners manual
- Warranty Sheet
Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SAL1118 DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6
Product Overview: The Sony SAL1118 wide-angle lens is specially designed for the APS-size CCD image of the Sony DSLR-A100 camera. With the superior wide-angle performance and quick zoom, its 35mm-equivalent range of 16.5mm to 27mm excels at capturing fast action in close environments.
Compatibility: This lens is compatible with the Sony Alpha-series digital SLR cameras.
DT Lens Design: The DT lens design is a compact, lightweight design specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in Sony Alpha-series cameras.
Internal Focusing System: The internal focusing system allows the internal lens elements to move, so the overall length does not have to change. This creates a lens that focuses quickly and doesn't change balance.
Aspherical Lens Elements: Three aspherical elements correct visual abnormalities more effectively across the entire zoom range, and they help reduce weight.
ED (Extra-low dispersion) Glass: Two ED glass lenses minimize flare and greatly reduce color abnormalities, giving you sharp and clear shots, even at full telephoto extension.
Circular Aperture: Because aperture blades form a near circle at the wide openings used for low-lights shots, spot light sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
Lens Hood: The included lens hood allows for better shooting in bright light. A lens hood can be used to reduce flare in bright light areas to ensure maximum image quality.
Note: When using the built-in camera flash, make sure to remove the lens hood to avoid blockage of the flash light.
Focusing: This lens can be used for auto and manual focusing. The focus signal in the viewfinder indicates the current degree of the focus.
- Type of Lens: DT 11-18mm f/4.5-5.6 High Magnification Zoom
- Filter Diameter: 77mm
- Focal Length: 35mm Equivalent: 11-18mm
- Focal Length: APS: 16.5-27mm
- Angle of View: 104° - 76°
- Maximum Aperture: f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-29
- Maximum Magnification: 0.125X
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.8 feet
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood or Lens Caps: Length = 3.371", Diameter = 3.271"
- With Lens Hood and Lens Caps: Length = 4.964", Diameter = 4.182"
- Weight: 12.6875 oz
1 question already asked