Sony SAL1635Z2 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
Wide-angle zoom lens for Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
Item # 158L1635Z2 | MFR # SAL1635Z2
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Sony SAL1635Z2 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II by Crutchfield's Deia Z.
A wider perspective
This high-performance 16-35mm wide-angle zoom lens is perfect for expansive landscapes and architecture shots on the ultra-wide end, and capable of rendering exquisite portraits or intimate street scenes on the longer end. With a minimum focus distance of eleven inches, you can also use it at its widest setting for beautiful close-ups with spacious backgrounds that recede into infinity.
Great photos indoors or out
While this lens's generous f/2.8 maximum aperture makes it well-suited for indoor shooting, particularly in cramped quarters, its rugged construction lends itself nicely to outdoor photography in just about any conditions. If you're out shooting on the beach and the wind starts kicking up sand, you won't have to worry — the dust- and moisture-resistant design means you can keep shooting even when the weather gets dicey.
All roads lead to sharpness and clarity
A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range ensures your images will be consistently well-exposed by allowing you to change focal lengths without having to adjust your exposure settings once you've gotten them dialed in. Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting and improves contrast and clarity. Specialized lens elements combine to give you high-resolution images with accurate color rendering and minimal distortion, while the 9-blade circular aperture gives you natural-looking defocused background highlights, drawing all the attention to your subject.
- lens type: A-mount full frame
- compatible with Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 16-35mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 24-52.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout zoom range
- Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating for effective reduction of lens flare and ghosting
- Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) enables smooth, quiet autofocusing
- focus hold button for added control
- dust- and moisture-resistant
- 3 aspherical lens elements, 1 ED (extra-low dispersion) element, and 1 Super ED element for better sharpness and contrast
- internal focusing design maintains overall lens length during focusing for greater consistency and faster performance
- minimum focus distance: 11"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, lens case
- filter/attachment size: 77mm
- lens is 3-5/16" in diameter and 4-1/2" long
- weight: 30.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Why did you buy this?
It has been on my wishlist for a very long time! I have read nothing but good reviews about his particular lense and I can't wait to finally pair it up,with my a99. [ Juan May 12, 2017 ]