About the Sony SAL18135 DT 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
This super-sharp lens for Sony Alpha series cameras is just the right length and weight to be the only lens you'll need on your next road trip or family gathering. Its useful range will take you from wide shots of a majestic mountain range, or the entire extended family at the picnic table, to a thoughtful candid close-up taken from a distance.
Assisting the ability to grab the image you want, when you want it, is the Direct Manual Focus mechanism. DMF allows users to quickly switch between autofocus and manual focus, without pulling their aiming eye from the viewfinder. No more missing the best shots by having to check a display or a menu.
- DT 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony zoom lens
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 27-202.5mm
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens element for clear images with well defined colors
- 2 aspherical lens elements for superior image sharpness
- Direct Manual Focus allows users to switch between AF and MF without taking their aiming eye from the viewfinder
- minimum focus distance: 17.7"
- minimum aperture: f/22 (at 18mm)-f/36 (at 135mm)
- lens construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- attachment/filter diameter: 62mm
- lens is 3" in diameter, 3-7/16" long without hood or lens cap
- weight: 14.04 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SAL18135
What's in the box:
- DT18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM (SAL18135)
- 62mm Front Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH119 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using
- Warranty sheet
Sony SAL18135 DT 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 reviews
I purchased this lens after looking at multiple other lens. I have to say it is my main lens at the moment. I use it more than the others due to the great range and flexibility it provides. the pictures that I have taken with it are very good, crisp, clear, sharp. It does not take as good a quality picture thou as the SAL35F18 prime lens I have, but that is to be expected. I have used this lens way more thou, especially when I don't want to carry multiple lens.
Pros: great range, flexibility
2 of 2 found this helpful
I have the Sony A57 and now also the Sony 18-135mm. I must say I am very impressed with this lens. The 18-135mm has a new SAM focus motor and is very quiet, quick to focus and very sharp at all focal lengths. I sold my Sony 16-50 to gain more reach and I have no regrets. The 16-50 f2.8 is a great lens, but for a general purpose lens, the 18-135 is a perfect focal range for me. Highly recommended!
Pros: Quiet focus Direct Manual Focus (DMF) Quick Focusing Great build quality
8 of 8 found this helpful
More details on the Sony SAL18135 DT 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6
Overview: The DT18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM (SAL18135) mid-range zoom lens provides the most ideal focal range, covering frequently-used focal lengths between 18 and 135mm. The lens has a Sony A-mount, and is compatible with the Sony Alpha-series digital SLR cameras (with an APS-C sized image sensor). If you wish to use the lens on E-mount camera (Sony NEX-series), the optional LA-EA1 mount adapter is required.
ED (Extra-low dispersion) Glass: Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass minimizes flare and reduces color abnormalities, giving you sharp, clear photos, even at full telephoto extension.
Focusing: The lens has an AF-MF switch on the side for switching between auto focus and manual focus. For AF photography, both the camera and the lens should be set to AF. For MF photography, either or both the camera and lens should be set to MF.
Direct Manual Focus (DMF): Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows you to rotate the focusing ring to set the proper focus, even when the camera is in Automatic Auto Focus (AF-A) or Single shot Auto Focus (AF-S).
Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM): The SAL18135 gives you fast, smooth, quiet auto focusing due to the Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM), which improves the AF response when shooting moving subjects.
Zoom Lock: The Zoom Lock switch, located on the side of the lens, prevents the lens barrel from extending due to the weight of the lens while it is carried.
Lens Hood: The included ALC-SH119 lens hood allows for better shooting in bright light. A lens hood can be used to reduce flare in bright light areas to ensure maximum image quality. When installed on the lens, the lens cap adds approximately 2" to the overall length of the lens. The lens hood can be reversed and mounted on the lens for storage.
Note: When using the built-in camera flash, make sure to remove the lens hood to avoid blocking the light from the flash.
- Focal Length: 18-135mm
- 35mm Equivalent: 27-202.5mm (using an APS-C image sensor)
- Angle of View: 76° - 12° (using an APS-C image sensor)
- Maximum Aperture: F3.5 (wide) - 5.6 (telephoto)
- Minimum Aperture: F22 (wide) - 36 (telephoto)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.48 feet
- Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Physical Dimensions:
- Length: 3.7" (4.13" with lens caps)
- Diameter: 2.98"
- Weight: 14 ounces (398 g)