About the Sony SEL30M35 30mm f/3.5
Discover new worlds of photographic detail with this macro lens from Sony. Designed to work exclusively with their NEX-series cameras and camcorders, it lets you take razor-sharp, lifelike close-ups that showcase the nuances of your subject — from the soft details in a baby's face to the faint lines in a flower petal. Its 30mm focal length and excellent image quality make it a fantastic choice for all-around shooting, too.
The SEL30M35 performs equally well when capturing video. Thanks to an internal stepping motor and rear-focusing design, its smooth, quiet operation makes it the silent partner you need for high-quality movie making. Plus, the filter mount doesn't rotate during focusing, providing hassle-free use of polarized filters.
- 30mm f/3.5 macro lens (SEL30M35)
- effective focal length: 45mm with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- direct manual focus overrides autofocus manual focusing after AF lock-on without the need for any switching
- maximum magnification ratio: 1:1
- minimum focus distance: 3-7/8"
- minimum working distance: approx. 1"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- three aspherical lens elements and one extra-low dispersion glass element for high contrast images with minimal chromatic aberration and color bleeding
- filter/attachment size: 49mm
- lens is 2-1/2" in diameter, 2-1/4" long
- weight: 4.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SEL30M35
What's in the box:
- E30 F3.5 Macro (E-mount) lens
- 49mm Lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using booklet
- Warranty sheet
Sony SEL30M35 30mm f/3.5 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL30M35 30mm f/3.5
Optics: The Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro lens is compatible with the Sony α NEX-series interchangeable lens cameras. The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 45mm, 1:1 magnification ratio, and a 50° field of view. It also has a smooth and quiet Auto Focus operation.
Note: Using this lens on a full-frame camera may result in vignetting -- causing the corners of the image to become darker than the center.
Focusing: The lens can be used with the NEX-series cameras in the auto-focus, direct manual focus, or manual focus modes. It is also compatible with auto-focus when shooting movies. You can switch between focusing modes in the camera menu.
Dimensions: The lens has the following dimensions: Diameter=2.441", Length=2.742" (3.242" with lens caps).
|Lens||E 30mm F3.5|
|Angle of View||50°|
|f-stop||F3.5 maximum |
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?