About the Sony 35mm f/1.4 G
Stunning images in any light
Stunning images in any light
This f/1.4 prime from Sony is perfect for low-light images and crisp portraits with beautifully blurred backgrounds. Its 35mm focal length makes it versatile enough to capture moderately wide landscapes and street scenes, as well as portraits and detail shots. A glass-molded aspherical element gives this lens precise detail rendering, while a 9-blade circular aperture provides smooth, gradual background defocusing.
- Sony 35mm f/1.4 G
- compatible with Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 35mm with full-frame sensor cameras
- 52.5mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- constant f/1.4 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout zoom range
- focus hold button for added control
- one glass-molded aspherical element
- minimum focus distance: 11.8"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- 9-blade circular aperture for natural rendering of out-of-focus background elements
- includes lens hood, front and rear lens caps, lens case
- filter/attachment size: 55mm
- lens is 2-3/4" in diameter, 3" long
- weight: 18 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SAL35F14G
What's in the box:
- 35mm F1.4G lens
- 55mm Front lens cap (installed)
- A-mount rear lens cap (installed)
- SH0001 Lens hood
- Lens case
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before using
- Limited Warranty (US)
More details on the Sony 35mm f/1.4 G
Overview: The Sony 35mm F1.4G lens is a full frame (35mm) wide angle prime lens that is ideal for snapshots, and ambient-light photography. The SAL35F14G has a 9-blade circular aperture to give you a beautiful bokeh effect (blurred background elements). This Sony G 35mm lens comes with front and rear lens caps, a lens hood, and lens case.
Compatibility: The SAL35F14G has a Sony A-mount, and is compatible with α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras with the A-mount. The lens works best with cameras with full frame (35mm) image sensors (ILCA-99M2, SLT-A99V). It also works with A-mount cameras with APS-C sensors (ILCA-77M2, ILCA-68, SLT-A58), however the equivalent focal length will be 52.5mm on these cameras. The lens is compatible with older models of A-mount cameras, however, there may be limitations on some features. With the optional LA-EA4 mount adapter, the SAL35F14G will fit on Sony α-series E-mount cameras.
Lens Elements: The SAL35F14G has 10 lens elements in 8 groups, including one glass-molded aspherical lens element to reduce chromatic aberrations.
Focus Hold: The Focus Hold button cancels Auto Focusing when pressed and held, and fixes the focus so you can release the shutter at the current focus. You can start Auto Focusing again by releasing the Focus Hold button and pressing the shutter button halfway.
Lens Hood: The SAL35F14G comes with the SH0001 lens hood to protect the lens, reduce lens flare, and ensure maximum image quality. The hood attaches to the lens with a bayonet-type fit. The lens hood adds approximately 1-5/8" to the overall length of the lens.
- Focal Length: 35mm
- 35mm Equivalent for APS-C Cameras: 52.5mm
- Mount: Sony A-mount
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Angle of View: 63° (35mm), 44° (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11-13/16"
- Maximum Magnification: 0.2x
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.75", Length 3.33" (3.746" with lens caps)
- Weight: 18.0 ounces