About the Sony SAL35F18 DT 35mm f/1.8
This versatile lens can cover everything from portraits to landscapes. Its large maximum aperture of f/1.8 gathers lots of light so it's great for handheld shooting in low-light situations, shots at twilight, or photos indoors without a flash. And its compact, lightweight design won't add a lot of weight to your camera bag when you're on the go.
- 35mm f/1.8 standard lens
- designed for Sony APS-C sensor SLR cameras
- not recommended for use with full frame Sony cameras, like the A900
- effective focal length of 52.5mm with APS-C sensor Sony cameras
- large maximum aperture (f/1.8) for better low-light shooting and depth-of-field control
- minimum focus distance: 9.6"
- minimum aperture: f/22
- lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- filter size: 55mm
- lens is 2-13/16" in diameter, 2-3/8" long
- weight: 6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- lens hood
- MFR # SAL35F18
What's in the box:
- SAL35F18 DT35mm F1.8 SAM wide-angle lens
- 55mm Lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH111 Lens hood
- Interchangeable Lens Operating Instructions
- Interchangeable Lens Precautions Before Using
- Warranty Sheet
Sony SAL35F18 DT 35mm f/1.8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SAL35F18 DT 35mm f/1.8
Overview: The Sony SAL35F18 is a small, lightweight wide angle lens that features a large aperture (f/1.8) and fixed focal length of 35mm (35mm format equivalent focal length is 52.5mm) which makes it ideal for capturing wide scenes with optimal detail.
DT Lens Design: The DT Lens is a compact, lightweight lens designed specifically for the APS-C-size imager used in most Sony Alpha-series DSLR cameras.
Note: DT lenses are not recommended for use with the Sony DSLR-A900 or DSLR-A850.
Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM): The built-in Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) eliminates the need to use a mechanical coupling system in the camera body to transfer auto focus (AF) drive power and control signals to the lens. Instead, AF control signals from the camera body are sent to the lens-mounted SAM unit, which drives the focusing lens group directly, helping to assure smooth AF response.
Manual Focus: To focus manually using this auto-focus lens, set the camera body to manual focus and adjust the focus ring on the lens. The shooting distance scale, located on the barrel of the lens, is graduated in feet as well as meters from 1.8' (0.23m) to infinity. For accurate manual focusing, look through the viewfinder while rotating the focusing ring.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the ALC-SH111 lens hood to reduce flare and ensure maximum image quality. When using the camera's built-in flash, you should remove the lens hood to avoid blocking the flash light. You can store the hood by mounting it backwards onto the lens. When attached, the hood adds a little over 1" to the length of the lens.
Flash Precautions: When using a built-in camera flash, you will have to shoot from at least 1 meter (3.3') away from your subject. With certain lens/flash combinations, the lens may partially block the light of the flash, resulting in a shadow at the bottom of the picture.
Vignetting: When you use the lens, the corners of the screen may become darker than the center. To reduce this phenomenon (called vignetting), you should close the aperture by 1-2 stops.
- Equivalent 35mm-format focal length: 52.5
- Lens Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
- Angle of View: 44°
- Minimum Focus: 0.8' (9.6")
- Maximum Magnification: 0.25x
- Minimum f-stop: F22
- Filter Diameter: 55mm
- Weight: 6 ounces
1 question already asked