About the Sony SAL55200/2 DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6
Team up your Alpha digital SLR with this Sony zoom lens for telephoto shooting. The lens is extremely versatile — snap family portraits or capture outdoor sports and wildlife from a distance. An extra-low dispersion glass lens element provides excellent image clarity for sharp photos with accurate colors. Its compact, lightweight design is a nice plus, too.
- DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6 telephoto zoom lens
- designed for Sony APS-C sensor SLR cameras
- not recommended for use with full frame Sony cameras, like the A900
- effective focal length of 82.5-300mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ED (extra-low-dispersion) glass element for sharp, clear images with well defined colors
- minimum focus distance: 3.2'
- maximum aperture: f/4-5.6
- minimum aperture: f/28-32
- lens construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 55mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 3-9/16" long
- weight: 10.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SAL55200/2
What's in the box:
- DT55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM Zoom lens with installed end cap
- 55mm Lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH102 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- "Precautions Before Using" booklet
- Warranty sheet
More details on the Sony SAL55200/2 DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6
Optics: The Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens is compatible with Sony α-series (Alpha) DSLR cameras. The DT lens is a more compact, lightweight lens, designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in most Sony Alpha-series cameras. The lens employs a Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) to deliver smooth and silent autofocus operation, and offers a flexible focal range that allows you to capture everything from wide angle to midrange telephoto shots with ease.
Zooming: The lens allows you to rotate the zooming ring to set the desired focal length. The 55-200mm lens features a 3.6x optical zoom.
Focusing: The lens can be used in the auto-focus or manual focus mode. You can switch between focusing modes using the 2-way switch on the lens barrel.
Dimensions: The lens has the following dimensions: Diameter=2.817", Length=3.559" to 4.852" (without lens caps).
|Lens||DT55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM|
|Angle of View||29° to 8°|
|Minimum Focus||3.2' (38.4")|
|f-stop||f/4-5.6 maximum |
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?