About the Sony SAL55300 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT
Surely one of the most magical things about owning a fine DSLR is the ability to change the characteristics of the images you capture — and the camera itself — simply by changing out the lens. Owning this Sony 55-300mm telephoto zoom will enable you to take fine portraits when fully wide, and get sharp details from long distance — and the time to make that adjustment will take mere seconds. It's compact and lightweight when compared to other lenses of its specification, making it the perfect companion for your travels. You'll be able to capture that striking close-up when the tour bus doesn't have time to let you walk around today's breathtaking attraction.
And unlike many telephoto zooms, the SAL-55300 can still focus on nearby objects. You'll only need to be 4-1/2 feet away to get crisp detail.
- 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT telephoto zoom lens
- designed for Sony APS-C sensor SLR cameras
- not recommended for use with full frame Sony cameras, like the A900 or the A99
- effective focal length of 82.5-450mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ED (extra-low-dispersion) glass element for sharp, clear images with well defined colors
- minimum focus distance: 4.5 feet
- maximum aperture: f/4.5-5.6
- minimum aperture: f/22-29
- lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is 3-1/16" in diameter, 4-13/16" long
- weight: 16.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SAL55300
What's in the box:
- SAL55300 DT55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM zoom lens
- 62mm Front lens cap (attached)
- Rear lens cap (attached)
- ALC-SH122 Lens hood
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using sheet
- Warranty Sheet
Sony SAL55300 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SAL55300 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT
Features & specs
|Mount Type||Sony A-mount|
|Lens Type||Telephoto zoom|
|Maximum Aperture||f/4.5 (W) - 5.6 (T)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony SAL55300 (DT55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM) is a high value lens that covers a wide range of medium to long-distance telephoto applications. It is recommended for use with APS-C format cameras, and has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 82.5-450mm when used with APS-C format cameras. DT lenses not recommended for use with full-frame cameras.
Compatibility: The SAL55300 lens is equipped with a Sony A-mount, and is designed for use with Sony α (alpha) Interchangeable Lens Digital Cameras. With an optional LA-EA1 mount adapter, this lens can be used on Sony α (alpha) NEX-series hybrid cameras and camcorders with the E-mount.
Fast Aperture: The fast F4.5-5.6 aperture enables you to shoot at higher shutter speeds, making it ideal for sports photography.
ED (Extra-low Dispersion) Glass: The lens is equipped with one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for sharp, high contrast images at all focal lengths.
Auto/Manual Focus: You can switch between AF (auto focus) and MF (manual focus) on the lens. To shoot in AF mode, you will need to set the focus mode to AF on the camera and the lens. To shoot in MF mode, you can set the lens or the camera to MF, or both. The focusing ring can be rotated until the subject is in focus.
In-Camera Image Stabilization: The SAL55300 does not have built-in image stabilization. All of the compatible Sony DSLR cameras have Super SteadyShot in-camera image stabilization, which enables accessory lenses like the SAL55300 to eliminate the extra weight and expense of in-lens stabilization mechanisms.
Zoom Lock: The lens has a zoom lock switch that keeps the lens from extending due to its weight while it is being carried. The zoom lock can be operated with the lens is at its widest setting.
Lens Hood: The lens includes the SLC-SH112 lens hood to reduce flare and ensure maximum image quality. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and stored on the lens backwards. If using the camera's built-in flash, you will need to remove the lens hood to prevent blockage of the flash light. The lens hood adds approximately 2" to the total length of the lens when the lens hood is mounted.
- Focal Length: 55-300mm
- Equivalent 35mm-format focal length: 82.5-450mm
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (including 1 ED glass element)
- Angle of View: 29°-5°20'
- Minimum Focus: 4.5'
- Maximum Magnification: 0.27x
- Maximum f-stop: f/4.5-5.6
- Minimum f-stop: f/22-29
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.008, Length=4.78" (5.345" with caps)
- Weight: 16.3 ounces
The Sony SAL55300 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DT replaces these items
- 35mm equivalent focal length on APS-C sensor cameras: 105-450mm
- premium Sony G-Series lens
- zooms from portrait length to telephoto range
2 questions already asked