- allows Sony Alpha A-mount lenses to mount on E-mount NEX camera bodies
- allows manual focusing only with A-mount lenses
- provides auto exposure (AE) support for accurately exposed images
- detachable tripod adapter included for safer tripod mounting
- adapter is 2-3/4" in diameter, 1-1/4" long
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LAEA1
What's in the box:
- Lens mount adapter (for adapting A-mount lenses to E-mount camera)
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
- Tripod mount
- Operating Instructions (Eng/Fren/Span)
- Warranty sheet (USA)
- Warranty sheet (Canada)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony LA-EA1
Overview: The LA-EA1 mount adapter allows you to attach α-series lenses with an A-mount onto the Sony interchangeable-lens digital cameras and camcorders with an E-mount. It comes with a handy tripod mount for use with larger lenses.
Compatibility: The LA-EA1 is compatible with all Sony α-series A-mount lenses, as well as the Sony α NEX-3 and NEX-5 hybrid cameras and NEX Handycam camcorders.
Tripod Attachment: When using a tripod, you should use the supplied tripod attachment, especially for longer lenses (70-200mm, 70-400mm, 300mm). This will help alleviate the load placed on the camera's mount.
Auto Exposure Support: The adapter has an aperture mechanism and supports Auto Exposure in the cameras.
Manual Focus: With the LA-EA1, you must shoot in MF (manual focus) mode. AF (auto focus) is not available. If using a lens with a focus mode switch, it should be set to MF. When shooting, you should look at the LCD screen or viewfinder to focus. Depending upon the lens, the actual distance may differ slightly from the distance scale on the lens. In addition, the minimum focal distance of the lens may increase when used with the mount adapter.
- Shooting Screen Size: APS-C size
- Diameter: 2.689"
- Without Caps: 1.249"
- With Caps: 1.753"
- Without Tripod Attachment: 3.9 ounces
- With Tripod Attachment: 5.3 ounces