About the Sony LAEA4 Lens Mount Adapter
Expand your lens options
If you're interested in a new Sony Alpha camera, but don't want to stop using some of your favorite older lenses, the Sony LAEA4 lens adapter is a lifesaver. The adapter lets you attach Alpha A-mount lenses to your E-mount full frame camera body and enjoy full-time continuous Phase Detection autofocus while capturing stills and video. The adapter's aperture drive mechanism also allows auto exposure with compatible A-mount lenses.
- full frame mount adapter allows you to attach Sony Alpha A-mount lenses to an E-mount camera body
- 15-point AF system with 3 cross sensors
- aperture drive system enables auto exposure functionality with A-mount lenses
- offers single-shot and continuous autofocus
- through-the-lens (TTL) phase detection system allows high-speed, accurate image capture
- Sony's Translucent Mirror Technology™ incorporates a phase-detection autofocus sensor
- 3-1/8"W x 3-1/2"H x 1-3/4"D
- weight: 5.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LAEA4
What's in the box:
- LA-EA4 A-mount to E-mount lens adapter
- A-mount body cap (installed)
- E-mount body cap (installed)
- Semi-hard zippered case
- Operating Instructions
- Note regarding the translucent mirror
- Limited Warranty (US)
- Consumer 1 Year Warranty (Canada)
More details on the Sony LAEA4 Lens Mount Adapter
Overview: The LA-EA4 mount adapter allows you to attach Sony Alpha α-series A-mount lenses onto Alpha α-series E-mount cameras. It is compatible with both full frame and APS-C cameras. The adapter has a handy tripod mount for use with larger lenses.
Compatibility: The LA-EA4 is compatible with all Sony α-series A-mount lenses, as well as the Sony α-series NEX and other E-mount cameras.
Translucent Mirror Technology: The LA-EA4 is the first full frame adapter to include Sony's exclusive Translucent Mirror Technology and Phase Detect AF sensor. The adapter allows your E-mount full frame camera to enjoy high-speed accurate TTL (through-the-lens) phase detection auto focus for both still and video capture.
Auto Focus: When the adapter is in use, Continuous and Single-shot Auto Focus is available, with a 15-point AF system and 3 cross sensors.
Auto Exposure Support: The adapter has an aperture drive mechanism and supports Auto Exposure with all A-mount lenses, except teleconverters.
Tripod Attachment: When using a tripod with the adapter attached, you mount the tripod to the LA-EA4 adapter. This is especially applicable when you use longer lenses (70-200mm, 70-400mm, 300mm, 500mm), as this will provide better balance, and help alleviate the load on the camera's mount.
- Shooting Screen Size: Full Frame and APS-C size
- Width: 3.071"
- Height: 3.404"
- Without Caps: 1.725"
- With Caps: 1.926"
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked