- allows Sony A-mount SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) and SAM (Smooth Autofocus Motor) lenses to be used with E-mount full-frame camera bodies
- compact design matches the diameter of the A-mount lens for a smooth, natural fit
- retains autofocus capabilities with still photography
- does not support autofocus with video recording
- supports subject-recognition features like Real-time Eye AF and Real-time Tracking
- supports up to 11 frames per second continuous shooting
- supports wide-area focal plane phase-detection
- mount is 2-5/8" in diameter and 1-1/4" long
- weight: 3.1 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LAEA5
What's in the box:
- LA-EA5 A-mount lens adapter for E-mount cameras
- A-mount body cap (installed)
- E-mount rear lens cap (installed)
- Zippered case (black)
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Note regarding magnets
- Limited Warranty (US + Canada)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony LA-EA5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony LA-EA5
Overview: The LA-EA5 mount adapter allows you to attach Sony α-series A-mount lenses onto α-series E-mount cameras. It is compatible with both full frame and APS-C cameras. The cylindrical adapter has the same diameter of the A-mount so there are no protrusions from the bottom of the mount to the compact E-mount body. The LA-EA5 comes with a handy zippered storage case.
Compatibility: The LA-EA5 is compatible with Sony α-series A-mount lenses. It is also compatible with Sony α-series Interchangeable Lens Cameras (E-mount), and Interchangeable Lens Video Recorders.
Focus Tracking: The advanced LA-EA5 mount adapter lets you use A-mount SSM (SuperSonic Motor) and SAM (Smooth Autofocus Motor) lenses for AF/AE tracking your subjects, even during high speed continuous shooting at up to 11 fps. This includes support for A-mount lenses without motors, such as the Sonnar T* 135mm F1.8 ZA and Planar T* 85mm F1.4 ZA lenses.
Phase-detection Focusing: The adapter also provides full support for A-mount SSM and SAM lenses for wide-angle focal plane phase-detection autofocusing. This includes the ability to recognize human and animal subjects (Real-time Eye AF), and for Real-time Tracking of subjects as they move through the frame.
- Shooting Screen Size: Full Frame and APS-C size
- Diameter: 2.602"
- Without Caps: 1.248"
- With Caps: 1.765"
- Weight: 3.1 ounces