About the Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker
Pleasing to the eye and ear
Pleasing to the eye and ear
The Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker transforms just about any space with clear sound and inviting ambient light. You can wirelessly stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth and adjust the speaker's light with 32 different levels of illumination. It can glow steadily, or flicker like a candle.
A unique design
Sony's unique tweeter design features a long tube of durable organic glass, giving high frequencies a clean, warm sound. An up-firing woofer delivers clear midrange, and a down-firing passive bass resonator reinforces the lower end.
This design gives you clear, balanced sound in a 360° soundfield. The speaker's Bluetooth is enhanced by Sony's LDAC streaming technology, which allows the wireless signal to retain more musical detail.
Sony Music Center app
You can control the LSPX-S3 with the Sony Music Center app, a free download for both Apple® and AndroidT devices. With the app, you can wirelessly connect the Glass Sound Speaker with up to 100 other Sony Music Center-compatible speakers. Or pair two together for stereo sound. Plus you can remotely operate the LSPX-S3. Control music, adjust the brightness of the light, engage the sleep timer, and more.
If you receive a call on your paired smartphone, you can take it through the LSPX-S3. It has a built-in microphone so you can enjoy hands-free conversations.
Set the mood anywhere
The speaker's built-in battery can deliver up to eight hours of operation. That means you can take it out to the patio for a little ambient lighting and music. You can place it on the table for an intimate dinner (no power cord to clutter things up). Or just have it on your nightstand for a little night music and let the sleep timer turn out the light.
- built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with high-fidelity LDAC and AAC wireless music streaming
- full 360° sound
- organic glass tweeter, up-firing 1-7/8" midrange speaker, and down-firing passive bass radiator
- built-in microphone for hands-free voice communication
- LED Illumination
- 32 levels of brightness
- optional candlelight mode
Sony Music Center app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize compatible Sony Music Center speakers
- control multi-room playback with two or more compatible Sony speakers
- selectable high-res playback
- wirelessly pair two Glass Sound speakers for stereo
- wirelessly connect up to 100 compatible Sony Music Center speakers
- control music, sleep timer, and other features
- cleaning cloth
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of playback
- USB-C charging cable
- 3-3/4" diameter x 11-7/16"H
- weight: 2.43 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 14491371
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- USB/AC power adapter
- 39" USB-C to USB-A cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
- End User License Agreement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker
Glass Sound Speaker: Transform your living space with the crystal-clear 360-degree sound of the Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker that adds ambient illumination to any room with an inviting, candle-like LED light. The LSPX-S3 utilizes Sony's Advanced Vertical Drive Technology that features three Actuators vibrating the organic glass tube, turning the entire surface into a speaker. The entire organic glass tube vibrates and delivers exceptionally clear sound that spreads 360 degrees, so you hear crystal-clear sound wherever you are in the room.
- Organic Glass Tweeter: Unlike the highly-directional sound of conventional tweeters, the cylindrical shape of the organic glass tweeter has a larger surface area to deliver room-filling sound from every angle.
- Midrange Driver: The built-in 1.8125" up-firing driver provides powerful, well-balanced midrange performance and sound.
- Passive Radiator: An optimized down-firing 3.75" passive radiator helps to deliver clear low-end notes.
Ambient Illumination: The organic glass tube creates a beautiful atmosphere just like a glass lantern to change the atmosphere through illumination. The speaker offers two illumination modes - Lightning and Candlelight.
- Lighting Mode: In Lightning Mode, the illumination LED stays lit at the specified brightness. With 32 levels of brightness available, you can find the right light for your space and create the perfect atmosphere
- Candlelight Mode: In Candlelight mode, the illumination flickers just like a candle. You can specify the flickering setting by selecting from 4 options - Delicate, Middle, Bright, and Linked with Music.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and hands-free communication (HFP). You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth device via SSP (Simple Secure Pairing), which requires not pin-code entry. Two Bluetooth device can be connected at the same time, so you can easily switch back and forth between devices and music sources. Wireless connect your smartphone, tablet, desktop, computer, laptop, or portable player. The speaker offers an extended wireless Bluetooth range of approximately 98.4'.
- When using the Stereo Pair function or Party Connect function, you cannot use the multi-device Bluetooth connection; you will be limited to only one Bluetooth device.
- There is no hardwired Aux audio connection.
Wireless Audio Streaming: Thanks to the support of Bluetooth wireless audio streaming (A2DP), you can wirelessly stream audio from your music apps, stored music, and other apps on your Bluetooth source device to the Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker. In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the speaker also supports Apple AAC codec and Sony's LDAC codec. Up to two Bluetooth source devices can be connected to the speaker at the same time; when one of the devices starts playing back while playing back music on another device, the speaker switches the output and starts outputting the sound from the newly connected device. You will be able to control volume from the Sony Glass Sound Speaker.
- SBC: SBC is the standard Bluetooth music codec supported by all Bluetooth A2DP source devices.
- AAC: By supporting AAC, the LSPX-S2 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- LDAC: LDAC allows you to enjoy high-resolution audio content via Bluetooth with 3x the data transmitted (990kbps) when compared to regular Bluetooth. Your Bluetooth device must also support LDAC.
- You'll still use your Bluetooth source device to control music playback and view song/artist/album information.
- The Sony LSPX-S3 does not support aptX or aptX-HD
Hands-Free Communication: In addition to wireless audio streaming, the Sony LSPX-S3 supports Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) with a built-in microphone. You'll be able to answer and transfer phone calls that are from your Bluetooth connected phone on the Sony Glass Sound Speaker. The LSPX-S3's built-in mic will be used for your side of the conversation, while the other party is heard through the speaker. Any music playback will be paused during a call.
- Receiving a Call: When there is an incoming call, music playback pauses and a ring-tone will be heard through the speaker. Press the "Call" button on the front of the speaker to answer the call and talk into the built-in mic. The caller will then be heard through the Sony Glass Sound Speaker. Press the "Call" button again to end the conversation.
- Making a Call: You'll need to use your Bluetooth smartphone to make a call (the LSPX-S3 does not allow you to make calls from the speaker). When you make a call from your phone, the call is automatically transferred to the speaker and music playback pauses while the dial tone is heard from the speaker. When the other party takes the call, simply talk into the microphone of the speaker to continue the call. Press the "Call" button to end the conversation.
Sony Music Center App: Download the Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device to remotely control your music, lighting brightness, and the Sleep Timer. The Sony Music Center App even offers Stereo Pairing and Party Connect for the Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker.
- Stereo Pairing: By wirelessly connecting two Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speakers, you can enjoy clearly separated stereo sound with each speaker acting as a left or right channel.
- Party Connect: Party Connect allows you to wirelessly connect up to 100 compatible Sony wireless speakers via Bluetooth. The same music source and song will be played back on every connected speaker. It even syncs lighting; you can set a random pattern or set the lights to blink in a circle.
Note: The Sony Music Center App uses wireless Bluetooth technology to connect to your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Bass Boost Mode: The Bass Boost Mode (available in the Sony Music Center App) allows you to add more dramatic bass notes to your music.
Integrated Controls: Integrated controls are found on the front and bottom of the Sony Glass Sound Speaker. On the front of the speaker are Power, Volume, and Lighting controls. On the bottom of the speaker are Pairing and Sleep Timer controls.
Rechargeable Battery: The LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker's built-in rechargeable battery lets you enjoy up to 8 hours of music playback. It features a USB-C port and comes with a 39" USB-C to USB-A cable to charge the built-in battery from a free USB port on your computer or a USB/AC power adapter (sold separately). A USB port or USB/AC adapter rated at 5V/1.5A is recommended. It takes about 5 hours to fully charge the built-in battery. When the LSPX-S3 is connected via Bluetooth to an Apple iOS 10.0+ device or Android OS 8.1+ device, the remaining battery power of the speaker will be displayed on the device.
- Auto Power On: While the Bluetooth Standby function is activated, the speaker turns on automatically when you operate your Bluetooth source device. The Bluetooth standby function is activated only while the speaker is connected to an AC outlet by a USB/AC power adapter (sold separately). While the speaker is running only on power from the rechargeable built-in battery, the Bluetooth standby function is deactivated.
- Auto Standby: If there is no Bluetooth audio signal or no operation for approximately 15 minutes, the speaker will automatically power off to conserve battery life.
Note: The Sony LSPX-S3 does not comes with an AC power adapter.
Sleep Timer: Set the Sleep Timer to listen while falling asleep. The Sleep Timer can be controlled in the Sony Music Center app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). Set it to the default of 60 minutes, or create your own timer anywhere from 15 to 120 minutes
The Sony LSPX-S3 Glass Sound Speaker replaces these items
- ambient illumination with 32 levels of brightness and candlelight mode
- organic glass cylinder tweeter, upfiring 1-3/8" woofer, and down-firing passive bass radiator for 360° sound
- rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of playback