About the Sony Glass Sound Speaker (LSPX-S1)
Set the mood with light and sound
Soft light and warm, 360° sound — all in one portable package.
Set the mood with light and sound
Create a welcoming environment with the Sony Glass Sound Speaker. It provides warm ambient light, and rich, 360° sound to transform your personal space. This finely crafted portable Bluetooth speaker is ideal for an intimate dinner for two, or a small gathering in the backyard.
Elegant design with quality materials
The Glass Sound Speaker features a solid aluminum body with a down-firing woofer. the organic glass cylinder housing the LED filament doubles as the tweeter. The base of the speaker has a passive bass radiator built-in. These three elements combine to create a richly detailed 360° soundfield that's literally crystal-clear.
Simple control with the Sony SongPal app
Download Sony's free SongPal app to your smartphone or tablet for easy control. You can adjust the brightness of the LED light filament. Control speaker volume and EQ through the app. You also can pair two speakers for stereo sound.
If you're a Spotify® Premium subscriber, you can wirelessly access all of your favorite playlists and albums through the app. Access popular online music services such as Pandora®, Deezer, and TuneIn Radio.
Plug it in, or take it to go
The Glass Sound Speaker delivers up to four hours of operation from its built-in rechargeable battery, so you can take it just about anywhere. Sony includes an AC adapter for convenient plug-in power and easy charging.
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- LED filament for soft ambient light
- organic glass cylinder tweeter, down-firing 2" woofer, and passive bass radiator
- full 360° sound
- free Sony SongPal app:
- available from Apple® Store and Google Play
- control playback, volume, and EQ
- control LED filament, including light intensity
- access streaming music services such as Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, and TuneIn Radio
- link two Glass Sound Speakers for stereo sound
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android phones
- solid aluminum body
- minijack auxiliary input
- ClearAudio+ sound mode for enhancing compressed music
- DSEE for restoring depth and detail to compressed music
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery with 4-hour battery life
- AC power cord and adapter included
- weight: 32.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LSPXS1/C
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth glass speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 5.5' DC cord)
- 41" AC power cord
- Cleaning cloth
- Reference Guide
- Startup Guide
- Warranty Card
Sony Glass Sound Speaker (LSPX-S1) reviews
Sounds great and looks even better. A great surround sound that's ideal indoors and outside.
Pros: Great design and great sound.
Cons: Clunky plug system for recharge.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I thought the price tag would make sense once this speaker arrived and I'd heard its superior sound emanate from its beautiful glowing glass body. What actually happened was I felt like a fool who'd just been had. This sounds like a $25 Bluetooth speaker from a low priced big retail center. Sure, it's pretty to look at, but the value ratio here is absurd. I immediately returned it. Take my advice. Save yourself the money and the frustration and buy something that actually sounds good, because this speaker is not it.
Pros: It's pretty
Cons: Everything else
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Sony Glass Sound Speaker (LSPX-S1)
Glass Sound Speaker: Sony's newly developed audio technology delivers clear, authentic sound that you can hear throughout the whole room with a 360-degree soundstage. The organic glass tube tweeter plays crystal-clear audio in every direction, for music that sounds as if it's being performed right in front of you, wherever you are. Plus, you'll enjoy powerful midrange from the built-in 2" woofer and deep bass frequencies from a translucent passive radiator.
Note: The Sony Glass Sound Speaker delivers up to 6 watts of power via its built-in battery and 13 watts of power via the included AC power adapter.
Aluminum Body: The Sony LSPX-S1 Glass Sound Speaker's solid aluminum body is made with Pale Gold Alumite, to deliver warm, high-fidelity audio. The Glass Sound Speaker is designed with minimal inputs and buttons, for a beautifully simple finish.
Note: The Sony LSPX-S1 Glass Sound Speaker is not weather, water, or dust resistant.
LED Filament for Soft Candlelight: The Sony LSPX-S1 Glass Sound Speaker's LED filament is finely tuned for soft light, resembling that of a candle or lantern. The subtle design harmonizes beautifully with any decor, while perfectly concealing where the sound is coming from. Enjoy clear sound from a dimmable, warm LED that mimics a lantern or candle.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Sony LSPX-S1 incorporates Bluetooth 3.0 with support for A2DP which lets you wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Glass Sound Speaker. You'll continue to control music playback and view song/artist/album info from your Bluetooth source device.
- Music Codecs: The Sony Glass Sound Speaker supports SBC, AAC,
aptX, and LDAC music codes. In addition to support for the standard SBC
Bluetooth audio codec, the LSPX-S1 offers support for AAC and aptX codecs
for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple & Android devices. It
also offers support for Sony's proprietary LDAC music codec over Bluetooth.
- SBC: SBC is the standard Bluetooth music codec supported by all Bluetooth A2DP source devices.
- AAC: By supporting AAC, the LsPX-S1 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- aptX: aptX provides even better sound quality with lossless, CD-quality streaming for compatible aptX-compatible smartphones, like many Android smartphones with OS 4.0+.
- LDAC: LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
- Pairing: The Glass Sound Speaker offers Simple Secure Pairing
(SSP) and Near Field Communication (NFC). The unit can pair with up to 7
devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. Once
paired, the speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when
within range (up to 32').
- SSP: The LSPX-S1 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices with a single press of a button thanks to SSP (Simple Secure Pairing); there is no PIN to enter.
- NFC: Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the speaker and they're paired. The NFC Easy Connect app is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed.
Note: The Sony LSPX-S1 does not offer support for Bluetooth hands-free phone communication.
SongPal App: You can take control of the Glass Sound Speaker's music and lightning with the SongPal app (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.4+). A Bluetooth connection between your Apple iOS or Android device and the Sony LSPX-S1 is required to use the SongPal app.
Sleep Timer: When you set the Sleep Timer, the bulb speaker turns off after
Stereo or Double Pairing: You can pair two Sony Glass Sound Speakers together for stereo sound or to double up the sound.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the LSPX-S1 is equipped with a 3.5mm Aux input for connection of practically any audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
Sleep Timer: When you set the Sleep Timer, the Glass Sound Speaker turns off after the designated time so you can fall asleep each night to soft music and relaxing light. The Sleep Timer is preset at 60 minutes when select from the included remote. You can change the duration of the Sleep Timer from the SongPal app on your Apple iOS or Android device.
Bottom Controls: On the bottom of the Glass Sound Speaker are Volume, Lightning, Pairing, and Timer controls. The Power button is on the back of the speaker.
Power Requirements: The speaker can be used with either the included AC power adaptor or the built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery. Charge the battery by connecting the AC power adaptor before using the speaker for the first time. You can operate the speaker by battery instead of the AC power adaptor by charging the speaker before use. The rechargeable battery provides up to 4 hours of playback time and can be fully charged in 2 hours.
Auto Power Save: The Glass Sound Speaker will automatically go into Auto Power Save mode if there is no Bluetooth connection, no audio output, and no operation of the speaker from approximately 5 consecutive minues.