About the Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker
Light and sound
Light and sound
The innovative Sony LSPX-S2 wireless portable speaker provides clear high-res sound — and warm, ambient light — to set the mood. You can stream music from your smartphone via Bluetooth. Or play songs over your Wi-Fi network from your NAS drive or computer music library.
A uniquely advanced speaker
The LSPX-S2 features a long tube of durable organic glass, giving high frequencies a clean, warm sound. An upfiring woofer delivers clear midrange, and a down-firing passive bass resonator reinforces the lower end.
This design gives you clear, balanced sound in a 360° soundfield. The speaker's Bluetooth is enhanced by Sony's LDAC technology. This allows the wireless signal to retain more musical detail. And it has Sony's DSEE HX sound mode option to restore detail to compressed music.
An inviting design
The LSPX-S2 emanates warm ambient light that you can adjust through 32 different levels. The light can glow steadily, or flicker like a candle.
Sony Music Center app
You can control the LSPX-S2 with the Sony Music Center app, a free download for both Apple® and Android™ devices. With the app, you can wirelessly connect the LSPX-S2 to other Sony Music Center-compatible speakers in a multi-room system.
Plus you can remotely operate the LSPX-S2. Control music, adjust the brightness of the light, engage the sleep timer, and more.
Set the mood anywhere
The LSPX-S2 is portable. Its built-in battery can deliver up to 8 hours of operation. So you can take the speaker out to the patio for a little mood lighting and music. Or place it on the table for an intimate dinner (no power cord to clutter things up). Or just have it on your nightstand for a little night music, and let the sleep timer turn out the light.
- built-in Bluetooth with high-fidelity LDAC and AAC wireless music streaming
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for a stable connection to your network and the internet
- DSEE HX sound mode for restoring compressed music
- NFC touch pairing with compatible devices
- full 360° sound
- organic glass tweeter, upfiring 1-3/8" woofer, and down-firing passive bass radiator
- 11 watts of amplification
- compatible with Spotify Connect (subscription required)
- LED Illumination
- 32 levels of brightness
- optional candlelight mode
Sony Music Center app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- set up and customize compatible Sony Music Center speakers
- control multi-room playback with two or more compatible Sony speakers
- selectable high-res playback
- wirelessly pair two compatible Sony Music Center speakers for stereo
- control music, sleep timer, and other features
- stereo 3.5mm minijack input
- rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of playback
- AC adapter and power cord
- 3-9/16" diameter x 10-15/16"H
- weight: 2.43 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LSPXS2
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- USB/AC power adapter
- 39" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Cleaning cloth
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
- End User License Agreement
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker
Features & specs
|Wi-Fi Bands||2.4, 5 GHz|
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||Not given|
|Tweeter Type||Glass Tube|
|Tweeter Material||Acrylic Resin|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||---|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||1.375|
|Woofer Type||Not given|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||11|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||24-bit|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||96 kHz|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||Apple iOS, Andrid|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Glass Sound Speaker: The Glass Sound Speaker delivers room-filling sound from an acrylic resin tube that gives exceptionally clear high tones using Sony's Advanced Vertical Drive Technology. Three actuators vibrate the acrylic resin tube, turning the entire surface into a speaker. As a result, the Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker delivers exceptionally clear sound that spreads in a 360-degree direction, so you can listen to clear sound wherever you are.
- Acrylic Resin Tube Tweeter: Unlike the highly-directional sound of conventional tweeters, the cylindrical shape of the acrylic resin tube tweeter has a larger surface area to deliver room-filling sound from every angle.
- 3.75" Driver & Passive Radiator: In addition to the acrylic resin tube tweeter, the LSPX-S2 utilizes an up-firing 3.75" cone driver and a down-firing passive radiator to provide powerful midrange and clear low-end notes.
S-Master HX Amplifier: Sony's S-Master HX amplifier allows for big, dynamic sound from a compact amplifier design. Unlike traditional analog amplifiers, the S-Master HX digital amplifier uses less energy to produce the same signal. The increase in energy efficiency eliminates the need for a large heat sink and large power supply found in conventional designs. In addition, the S-Master HX digital amplifier produces higher-resolution sound quality, monitored noise reduction and accurate sound reproduction.
- DSEE HX: Sony DSEE HX software upscales your compressed music files (such as MP3, WMA and AAC) to near high-resolution sound quality, restoring the subtleties of the original sound recording so your digital music files sound more open and dynamic.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost function enhances low frequency note performance from the speaker's up-firing 3.75" cone woofer and down-firing pass radiator.
Lantern Illumination: The acrylic resin tube creates a beautiful atmosphere just like a glass lantern to change the atmosphere through illumination. With 32 levels of brightness available, you can find the right illumination for your space and create the perfect mood.
Dual-Band WiFi: The Sony LSPX-S2 offers Dual-Band WiFi (2.4/5GHz; 802.11 a/b/g/n) that allows you to wirelessly connect to your home's WiFi network router and ISP (internet service provider). By connecting to your home WiFi network and ISP, you gain access to Spotify Connect and the Sony Music Center App for wireless network audio support.
- The Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) can be used to setup a wireless WiFi connection between the Sony LSPX-S2 speaker and your network router.
- Sony LSPX-S2 also supports WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) for an easy and simple network connection.
- The LSPX-S2 does not offer a hardwired Ethernet (RJ45) network connection.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly select and wirelessly stream music to the Sony LSPX-S2 speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
Note: Spotify Connect will require a wireless WiFi network connection.
Sony Music Center App: The Sony Music Center App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) gives you access to digital music libraries on your local network via DLNA, allows for multiroom audio distribution between Sony Music Center App compatible Sony speakers, and gives you the ability to create a stereo pair between two Sony LSPX-S2 speakers.
- DLNA 1.5 Certified: The Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker is DLNA certified. By connecting the LSPX-S2 to your home's network and using the Sony Music Center App, you can listen to variety of compressed & hi-res music files files on your Windows 8.1 or 10 PC (Windows Media Player 11 or 12) or a DLNA (ver.1.5) compatible media server through the speaker system. Compatible music files include - MP3, PCM, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, and AIFF (up to 24-bit/96kHz).
- Multiroom Audio: The Sony Music Center App lets you create a multiroom audio system between the Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker and other Sony Music Center app compatible speakers. You'll be able to listen to the same song or different songs from your DLNA music library in various rooms throughout your home.
- Stereo Pair: The Sony Music Center App also allows you to wirelessly connect two LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speakers together to create a stereo pair; each speaker works as a left or right channel. As a result, you'll enjoy wireless stereo sound.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Sony LSPX-S2 incorporates Bluetooth 4.2 with support for A2DP which lets you wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Glass Sound Speaker. You'll continue to control music playback and view song/artist/album info from your Bluetooth source device.
- Music Codecs: The Sony Glass Sound Speaker supports SBC, AAC, and LDAC music codes. In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the LSPX-S2 offers support for AAC and LDAC codecs for higher quality audio streaming from select Apple & Android devices.
- SBC: SBC is the standard Bluetooth music codec supported by all Bluetooth A2DP source devices.
- AAC: By supporting AAC, the LSPX-S2 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad
- LDAC: LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
- Pairing: The Glass Sound Speaker offers Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) and Near Field Communication (NFC). The unit can pair with up to 8 devices, but only one device can be connected and used at a time. Once paired, the speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 32').
- SSP: The LSPX-S2 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices with a single press of a button thanks to SSP (Simple Secure Pairing); there is no PIN to enter.
- NFC: Bluetooth-enabled devices (such as Android and Sony Walkman devices) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the bottom of the speaker and they're paired.
- Add Function: By using the Speaker Add function, you can connect a single Bluetooth source device to two LSPX-S2 speakers for playback. When using the Speaker Add function, one speaker acts as the Main unit while the other acts as the satellite unit. The LSPX-S2 offers to Add modes - Stereo or Double.
- Stereo: In Stereo mode, one speaker plays the sound on the right channel, while the other speaker plays the sound on the left channel (left side) for stereo playback between the 2 speakers.
- Double: In Double mode, both Sony LSPX-S2 speakers will play the same sound.
- The Sony Music Center App and a network connection is not required for Bluetooth connectivity.
- Bluetooth audio cannot be redistributed to multiple rooms through the Sony Music Center App.
- The Sony SLPX-S2 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
Aux Input: In addition to WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity, the LSPX-S2 is outfitted with a 3.5mm Aux input for connection of practically any audio device with an analog output or headphone jack.
Note: The Aux input is not supported through the Sony Music Center App.
Bottom-Mounted Controls: On the bottom of the Sony LSPX-S2 Glass Sound Speaker are Power, Volume, Lightning, Pairing, and Add controls.
Power Requirements: The Sony LSPX-S2 speaker can be used with either the included USB/AC power adapter and 39" microUSB-to-USB cable or the built-in lithium ion rechargeable battery. The USB/AC power adapter also charges the the battery. The rechargeable battery provides up to 8 hours of playback time. It takes 5 hours to fully charge the battery.
- Bluetooth/Network Standby: Even when the speaker is off, you can turn on the speaker from a Bluetooth or Network device. This is useful because the speaker can start up more quickly than usual.
- Auto Standby: When approximately 15 minutes have passed without an audio signal or operation, the speaker will automatically turn off and enter standby mode.
- Sleep Timer: You can set the speaker to turn off automatically after a preset amount of time (default is 60 minutes).
Note: The Standby modes and Timers can be accessed and configured through the Sony Music Center App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.