- closed-back, over-the-ear headphones help block out external noise
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphone
- aptX® and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- LDAC Hi-Fidelity wireless music streaming from compatible sources
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible devices
- wireless range: 30 feet
- active noise-canceling circuitry minimizes external noise
- headphones can automatically select from three noise-cancellation modes to suit your listening environment
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 20 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- detachable 49-inch, color-matched cable with miniplug connector for wired use
- includes USB cable for charging
- color-matched carry case included
- frequency response: 5-40,000 Hz (wired)
- sensitivity: 103dB (noise canceling on), 98dB (noise canceling off)
- impedance: 32 ohms (noise canceling on), 16 ohms (noise canceling off)
- weight: 10.3 oz. (without cable)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MDR100ABN/L
What's in the box:
- Over-ear Bluetooth noise-canceling headphones (Viridian Blue)
- 49" Audio cable (Viridian Blue) with right-angled 3.5mm plug
- 20" Micro USB charging cable (black)(Type A USB on one end and Micro USB on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty (US)
- Consumer Warranty (Canada)
Sony h.ear on Wireless NC MDR-100ABN reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony h.ear on Wireless NC MDR-100ABN
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.113" x 3.984"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||5-40k Hz|
|Sensitivity||103 /98off dB|
|Impedance||32on 16off Ohms|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony h.ear on wireless (MDR-100ABN) over-ear headphones combine award-winning design with high resolution audio quality and Bluetooth wireless convenience. With a stylish one-color design, the headphones have soft ear pads that surround your ears to prevent sound leakage, and shut out external noise. Built-in Digital Noise Cancelling eliminates ambient noise so all you hear is your music. The h.ear on headphones have hinged ear cups that fold for easy storage in the supplied semi-hard case. A 49" cable is included for those time when you can't, or prefer not to, go wireless.
Bluetooth: The h.ear on wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 4.0 that let you listen wirelessly up to 30 feet away. The headphones are compatible with both iOS and Android devices. You can easily connect your NFC-enabled Android device by simply touching it to the N-spot on the left ear cup. Compatible Bluetooth profiles include A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP, with support for SBC, AAC, aptX, and LDAC codecs.
LDAC: LDAC is an audio coding technology developed by Sony that enables the transmission of High-Resolution (Hi-Res) audio content, even over a Bluetooth connection. LDAC transmits at a maximum transfer rate of 990 kbps, which is approximately 3x more data than conventional Bluetooth-compatible technology like SBC with its 328 kbps bit rate. LDAC is found in a number of Sony products, including select Walkman Hi-Res music players and Xperia smartphones.
Digital Noise Canceling: The Digital Noise Canceling circuit senses outside noise with its built-in microphones, and sends an equal, but opposite, canceling signal to the headset. The Automatic AI (Artificial Intelligence) Noise Canceling function automatically selects one of three modes to give the most effective noise canceling based on your surroundings. NC Mode A works best in an airplane, NC Mode B is for use on a bus or train, and NC Mode C most effectively reduces noise found in an office environment.
High Resolution Audio: The MDR-100ABN headphones are compatible with high-res audio with its wide frequency response (5Hz - 40kHz). The dynamic 40mm HD drivers feature rigid, titanium-coated dome diaphragms for lower distortion. Sony's Beat Response Control technology delivers thunderous bass response. Acoustic ports on top of the ear cups controls air flow and optimizes diaphragm movement for accurate bass response.
Sound Quality Mode: The MDR-100ABN headphones let you switch the sound quality mode, if needed. The unit is set to "Priority on Sound Quality" mode by default. In this setting, the headphones automatically switch to aptX, AAC, SBC, or LDAC, depending upon which codec is being transmitted from the source device. If the connection is unstable, you can switch the headphones to "Priority on Stable Connection" to switch to the SBC codec for a better connection.
Battery: The Sony h.ear on wireless headphones are powered by a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (3.6V). The battery charges in approximately 6 hours using the supplied Micro USB charging cable. You can get approximately 4 hours of usage with only one hour of charging. Typical battery life is as follows:
|Noise Canceling||Music Playback||Communication Time||Standby Time||Cable Connected|
|NC On||20 hours||18 hours||40 hours||38 hours|
|NC Off||22 hours||20 hours||200 hours||50 hours|
Cable: The headphones include a 49" color-matched cable that allows you to listen to your music when you don't want to go wireless, or when the battery is exhausted. You can use the Noise Canceling function when you are connected via the cable, if desired. The cable has no in-line controls, so you must use the controls on your smartphone for music and phone calls. You must also use the microphone on the smartphone when making phone calls with the cable plugged in.
- Frequency Response (Wired): 5 Hz - 40,000 Hz (connected via cable, unit turned on)
- Frequency Response (Wireless):
- 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz (sampling frequency 44.1kHz)
- 20 Hz - 40,000 Hz (sampling frequency LDAC 96kHz, 990 kbps)
- Sensitivity: 103dB/mW (connected via cable, unit turned on); 98dB/mW (connected via cable, unit turned off)
- Impedance: 32Ω (at 1 kHz) (connected via cable, unit turned on); 16Ω (at 1 kHz) (connected via cable, unit turned off)
- Weight: 10.3 ounces (without cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?