About the Sony MEX-N5300BT
If your smartphone is your "go to" source for messaging, info, and entertainment, you'll appreciate a car stereo that works with it hand in hand. Sony designed their MEX-N5300BT CD receiver to meet the needs of smartphone owners. Plug into the USB to playback your favorite tracks, or hop on Bluetooth® to listen to your favorite streaming music apps. And best of all, you'll enjoy some cool voice command features, whether you're an iPhone® or Android™ user. Just talk to make phone calls, check text messages, or even access your navigation apps.
Bluetooth on the go
The MEX-N5300BT's built-in Bluetooth adds convenience and capability to your car. You can talk hands-free when you get a call, plus you can stream the music stored on your mobile device wirelessly through the receiver. No fighting over who's paired, either — this Sony supports dual pairing, so you and your significant other can both enjoy the advantages of Bluetooth. Pairing is easy with Sony's Simple Secure Pairing system, and if your phone supports NFC, you can simply touch it to the receiver to pair the device.
The MEX-N5300BT offers customizable display colors.
Carbon fiber accents frame this Sony's controls, and you can adjust the Dynamic Color Illuminator to set up thousands of color combinations across two separate illumination zones. And when you're getting your groove on, the Sound Synchronization feature pulses the lights to match your music. Details like a nifty sliding USB port cover round out the package.
Sony's impressive Advanced Sound Engine features a 10-band EQ and frequency filters to make your speaker setup shine. Sony's powerful Digital Reality amp is noted for its solid sound output and realistic audio reproduction. If you're looking to expand your system with external amps, you'll find three sets of preamp outputs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, and FLAC files
- detachable face with dual-zone variable color illumination
- dual-phone Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- NFC offers instant Bluetooth pairing with compatible phones
- remote control
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- iPod, iPhone, and iPad music playback via USB
- AOA 2.0 Android connection compatibility
- Siri Eyes Free and voice control for Android with compatible phones
- Quick-BrowZer and Jump Mode search features
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- high- and low-pass filters
- Extra Bass low-frequency enhancement
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- built-in amplifier (20 watts RMS CTA-2006/55 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA 2006 compliant
- Sound Synchronization displays color changes timed to your music
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MEXN5300BT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Wireless remote control (RM-X231)
- CR2025 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 11' cord terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- Two-sided tape
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 4 Flathead ISO-mount screws
- Face fixing screw
- Operating Instructions
- Face fixing screw note
- Important Notice For Dealer
- Warranty Information
Sony MEX-N5300BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony MEX-N5300BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|Touch||5Gen and newer|
|iPhone||4S and newer|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||20 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||55 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||7 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Bluetooth 3.0: The Sony MEX-N5300BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0), allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony MEX-N5300BT.
Multi-Device Pairing w/ Dual-Phone Connection: Up to nine Bluetooth-compatible devices can be paired to this receiver. You are even able to keep two Bluetooth-enabled phones connected at the same time, so you can make and receive calls from either phone through the head unit. Only one audio device can be connected at a time, which means only one of the two connected phones can stream audio. Once an already paired device is in close proximity to the Sony receiver, the two units will automatically re-connect. The head unit offers three pairing modes - SSP, NFC, & USB Auto
- Simple Secure Pairing: With Simple Secure Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Sony MEX-N5300BT without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings.
- Near Field Communication (for Android): Android (OS 4.0+) smartphones that have Near Field Communication (NFC) pair simply by touching the Android device's NFC tag to the head unit's NFC tag on its rotary-knob. For older Android smartphones that don't have OS 4.0 or better installed, download the NFC Easy Connect app from Google Play to use the head unit's NFC pairing function.
- USB Auto (for iPhone): You can pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) by simply connecting it to the Sony head unit via USB and activating the Bluetooth function on your Apple device.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). Bluetooth hands-free communication helps to minimize distraction while driving by allowing you to control your mobile phone from the head unit, so you don't have to touch your mobile phone. The unit features an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers. And thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.6) with wideband speech capability, the MEX-N5300BT provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls.
- Answering Calls: Incoming calls can be answered manually or automatically (between 3-10 seconds) through the Sony head unit, while the ring tone is output from your car speakers and the caller's name or phone number is displayed on the head unit's LCD. Incoming calls can also be rejected if desired.
- Dialing a Number: Using the MEX-N5300BT, you can dial a
phone number in one of the following ways.
- Entering Phone #: Allows you to manually dial a phone number using the unit's control dial.
- Phone Book: You can store up to 1,000 contacts in the unit's phone book. Up to a 40 character name can be input for each contact.
- Call History: The unit will store the last 20 calls, allowing you to select a previous phone number quickly from the list.
- Voice Dial: You can make a call using the voice tags stored on your connected cellular phone.
- Redial: Use to easily redial the last number you called.
- Bluetooth Caller Settings: You can select which speakers will output the Bluetooth phone audio - Front, Rear, or All. You can also adjust volume level, mic gain, and echo/noise cancellation of a Bluetooth phone call.
Note: During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Sony MEX-N5300BT for playback.
- SBC + AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the MEX-N5300BT offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the MEX-N5300BT offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Music Control: The Sony MEX-N5300BT lets you control basic playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track from its front-panel. Advanced music browsing is not supported.
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app's song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Voice Recognition: When connected via Bluetooth to an iPhone with Siri or Android with Google Assistant, the Sony MEX-N5300BT has the ability to access your mobile device's digital assistant through its front-panel controls and external microphone. Simply activate the "voice dial" function on the MEX-N5300BT to engage Siri or Google Assistant and use the included microphone to communicate with your phone's digital assistant. The digital assistant's voice will heard through your vehicle's speakers. All voice recognition functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the head unit and its microphone. You can even ask Siri or Google Assistant to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone or Android smartphone. The head unit's audio is attenuated while the digital assistant provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit will only display hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri and Google Assistant are only audible through the MEX-N5300BT; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone or Android smartphone).
Android Direct Connect via USB: The Sony MEX-N5300BT enables playback of stored music and music apps on select Android smartphones through its front-panel USB port. The unit's USB port (5V/1A) will also charge your Android device while connected; the vehicle's accessory key must be set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. There are two types of modes to choose from based on your type of Android smartphone and what content you want to listen to.
- AOA 2.0 (Stored Music & Music Apps): The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports Android Open Accessory 2.0 (AOA 2.0), which lets you connect your Android smartphone (OS 4.1-7.1.2) to the MEX-N5300BT's front-panel USB port and listen to stored music and select music apps from your Android device through the Sony receiver. You'll be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track. Other advanced music navigation will still be done from your Android smartphone's touchscreen. In this mode, the head unit will not display song/artist information; you'll continue to view song/artist information from the Android device's touchscreen. You'll still be able to access other functions and applications from your Android smartphone's touchscreen, while listening to music through the head unit. If you make a call or answer a call from your smartphone while listening to music in this mode, the music will pause until you are finished with the call and then start back up again.
- MTP (Stored Music w/ Song/Artist Info): The MEX-N5300BT also supports MTP for playback & control of stored MP3/WMA music files on your Android (OS 4.0+) device through the Sony receiver's front-panel USB port. In this mode, you get basic playback control (like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), plus song/artist information on the receiver's LCD screen. During MTP connection, you cannot use your Android smartphone's touchscreen to control music playback and you cannot select music apps from your smartphone for playback. However, you can continue to listen to stored music on your Android smartphone through the head unit while you check your Calendar, Facebook, Texts, etc on your phone.
Note: Sony does not guarantee operation with all Android devices, regardless of operating system.
iPod/iPhone Direct Connect via USB: The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports direct connection of select Lightning or 30-pin Apple iPod/iPhone devices through its front-panel USB port. The MEX-N5300BT offers playback of your music library or music apps, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of select Apple devices. Simply connect your compatible iPod/iPhone using the cable that came with your Apple device, or purchase another Lightning-to-USB or dock-to-USB cable (sold separately) to be used in the car.
- Playback Control: The unit offers basic playback controls - such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. Your iPod/iPhone will remain unlocked during connection, so you can continue to control your Apple device from its touchscreen for advanced music browsing and to access additional music apps.
- Song/Artist Info: The digital media receiver will display your iPod/iPhone's stored music file information; including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song Title, & Artist/Album Name. The MEX-N5300BT will also display song/artist information and station identification from select music apps.
- 1A Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded applications will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony MEX-N5300BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 4/3/2019):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Music Center||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Pandora Internet Radio: The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports the Pandora app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.0+) through your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone or Bluetooth connected Android smartphone. Now, you can playback and control your favorite music from Pandora in your vehicle through your car stereo. The MEX-N5300BT will also display Artist, Album, & Song information provided by the Pandora app. Your iPhone or Android smartphone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account. The Sony MEX-N5300BT provides the following control over the Pandora music service -
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
- Bookmarking: The song or artist currently being played can be bookmarked & stored in your Pandora account.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Sony MEX-N5300BT is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 150+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include -
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Digital Clarity Tuner w/ RDS: The Sony MEX-N5300BT CD receiver is equipped with a Digital Clarity Tuner for clear AM/FM stereo sound with digital processing technology. The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist & track information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations. The radio features 5 memory bands to store and receive AM/FM stations. You can store up to 6 presets in each in band (FM 1-3/AM 1-2), for a total of 18 FM presets and 12 AM presets. Presets can be stored automatically using the Best Tuning Memory (BTM) feature.
Music Center App: Download Sony's free Music Center app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) onto your compatible smarthpone or tablet device to take control of the Sony MEX-N5300BT from the palm of your hand using your mobile device. You compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the Sony MEX-N5300BT via Bluetooth. You'll enjoy control over basic head unit functions, as well as navigation and seamless access to all your sources, music, apps, and more from your smartphone. The Music Center app also integrates Apple iOS and Android apps into the selectable source list of the Sony MEX-N5300BT and lets you launch apps from the head unit. In addition the app can also be used to help customize sound and display settings of the Sony receiver.
- Receiver Sources: From the Music Center app on your smartphone device you can access and select the head unit's Tuner (AM/FM), CD, USB, Bluetooth, and Aux sources. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track or Station. In addition, you'll be able to view song/artist information and station identification from the Music Center app on your mobile device.
- Add-On Applications: You can integrate music, movie, navigation, and other applications that are already on your smartphone device within the Music Center app for easier access. Once an app is selected within the Music Center app, your smartphone's screen will divert to selected app. Audio of that source will be played through the MEX-N5300BT; any visual data will only be displayed by your iPhone or Android device. Basic playback functions such as Play/Pause and Next Track are available from the head unit; advanced control functions are still done from your smartphone device.
- Volume & Sound Adjustments: You can access the head unit's sound menu and make adjustments from the app on your iPhone or Android device. Sound adjustments included Volume Up/Down, Balance/Fader, EQ, ExtraBass, and Sub Level.
- Display Settings: Using the Music Center app on your iPhone or Android device you can make adjustments to the head unit's front-panel LCD and button illumination. Make changes to the preset color of the LCD and/or button illumination, as well as activate or deactivate Sound Synchronization.
- Voice Recognition (Android only): You can use voice commands to ask for directions from Google maps or to play a particular song/artist in your smartphone's music library. You can even assign a music application within the Music Center app as a voice tag, so you can access it by simply speaking the name of the application. While using voice commands there will still be times where you have to make a selection on your smartphone's touchscreen.
- Notification Readout (Android only): Exclusive to Android devices, incoming SMS/E-mail and Twitter/Facebook/Calendar notifications are automatically read aloud through the MEX-N5300BT and your vehicle's speakers to keep you safe and in touch. You can even reply to a text message via voice command and a list of preset replies.
Wireless Remote Control: The head unit comes supplied with an IR wireless remote control (RM-X231) for easy operation. The included wireless remote allows you to control the basic functions (not Bluetooth) of the Sony head unit while keeping your eyes on the road.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Disc Compatibility: The Sony MEX-N5300BT features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs. The unit supports the playback of MP3 and WMA music files on a CD-R or CD-RW disc.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD can be inserted or ejected with the power off. The head unit will automatically begin disc playback, when a disc is inserted with the receiver set to a different source.
- Auto Reload: The CD player will automatically reinsert the disc if it's ejected, but not removed for 20 seconds or more.
- Mounting Angle: For proper CD playback, this unit must be mounted between 0° (horizontal) and 45°.
USB Mass Storage Class Playback: The head unit feature a front-panel USB (type-A) port hidden behind a sliding cover. The receiver's USB port can be used for plugging in a (MSC) Mass Storage Class USB device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The head unit can play MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files stored on compatible USB device. USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Music File Playback: The Sony MEX-N5300BT supports the a variety of music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device; see below for details.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB MSC Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Romeo, or Joliet,||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types|| |
MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps with sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps with sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||150 folders/300 files||256 folders/256 files per folder|
|Tags||ID3-tags (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4), WMA/AAC tags|
Song/Artist Information: The CD receiver can display the following ID3, WMA, and FLAC tag information; Track number, Elapsed Playing Time, Song Title, Artist Name, or Album Label.
Playback & Search Functions: The Sony CD receiver offers a variety of unique playback & search functions.
- Quick-BrowZer: The unit's Quick-BrowZer feature allow you to search for a track on a CD or connected USB Mass Storage Device easily by category (Genre, Artist, Album, or Playlist).
- Jump Mode: Jump Mode gets you closer to the song you want by allowing you to fast forward through a music folder in 10% increments.
- Repeat/Random: Repeat a single track or repeat an entire folder. Shuffle all tracks or a specific folder.
Front-Panel Auxiliary Input: A front panel stereo 3.5mm mini-jack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Just connect your portable digital music player to this unit, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The volume level of the auxiliary input is adjustable from -8 to +18 dB to compensate for any difference between the unit and your portable device. The aux input can be deactivated in the menu, so it does not appear as an available source.
High-Power Amplifier: The Sony MEX-N5300BT is equipped with a high power amplifier rated at 20 watts (RMS) x 4-channels and 55 watts (Peak) x 4-channels that delivers clear, natural-sounding audio.
- Continuous Power Output: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Peak Power Output: 55 watts x 4-channels (220 total watts)
Note: The power specifications for the Sony MEX-N5300BT are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
6ch/2V Preamp Outputs: The Sony MEX-N5300BT is equipped with 2-volt Front, Rear, & Sub pre-amp outputs giving you the ability to connect external amplifiers to your car stereo system. The unit's subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. You can adjust the subwoofer preout's volume level (-6 to +6 dB) independently from the head unit's volume control. You can also select the phase of the subwoofer output from Normal or Reverse.
High-Pass & Low Pass Crossover: The front & rear speaker outputs offer a variable high-pass crossover, while the subwoofer preout offers a variable low pass crossover. The high and low pass crossovers can be set to 80, 100, or 120Hz.
EQ10: Select from a variety of EQ presets like R&B, Rock, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Electronic, Jazz, Soul, Country, Karaoke, Custom, or Off (Flat). The Custom mode allows you to make your own equalizer settings. You can adjust the level (+/-6dB) of 10 different frequency bands - Band 1 (32Hz), Band 2 (63Hz), Band 3 (125Hz), Band 4 (250Hz), Band 5 (500Hz), Band 6 (1khz), Band 7 (2khz), Band 8 (4kHz), Band 9 (8kHz), and Band 10 (16kHz).
ExtraBass: Activate ExtraBass at the touch of a button for an instant, low-end boost. Unlike conventional bass boosters, ExtraBass minimizes distortion at all volume levels by automatically adjusting frequency and gain to their optimal positions.
Beep Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Face w/ Caution Alarm: The Sony MEX-N5300BT features a detachable face for theft prevention. If you turn the ignition switch to the Off position without detaching the head unit's front-panel, the caution alarm will sound for a few seconds. The alarm will only sound if the unit's built-in amplifier is used. No face case is included with this unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired.
High-Contrast LCD: With 5x the contrast of conventional screens, plus an optimized viewing angle, the MEX-N5300BT's LCD screen is always easy to read. You can adjust its brightness level from 1-10. You can also set its dimmer to Auto, Clock, On, or Off. The Auto mode dims the head unit's display automatically when you turn your vehicle's lights on (illumination wire must be connected). The Clock mode dims and brightens the display as a set period of time.
Dynamic Color Illuminator (35,000 colors): Dynamic Color Illuminator lets you match the head unit's LCD & button illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting components. You can select from 15 preset colors or a customized color (R-G-B). You can choose to use the same color for the LCD screen and button illumination, or use a separate color for each one. You can even set the head unit's LCD screen's illumination to pulse with your music.
Auto Scroll: The Auto Scroll feature allows long displayed items to scroll automatically across the display when the track is changed on a disc or device.
Display Illumination/Clock Display: Pressing the SRC/OFF button once will switch sources. Pressing and holding the SRC/OFF button for one second will turn off audio output, but the clock display and button illumination remain on. To turn the unit off completely, you must press and hold the SRC/OFF button for two seconds.
Auto Off: When installing in a vehicle without an accessory power wire at the radio location, you can set the unit to turn off all lighting after 30 minutes of the power being turned off to the head unit.
Demo Mode: The head unit's demo mode can be turned On or Off.
The Sony MEX-N5300BT replaces these items
- detachable face with dual-zone variable color illumination
- dual-phone Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
21 questions already asked