About the Sony NAS-SV20i
Here's an iPod/iPhone speaker system with a difference. The NAS-SV20i's built-in Wi-Fi capabilities help you enjoy digital music in multiple rooms of your home. Plus, this speaker system can play music you stream wirelessly from your home computer, laptop, portable player or even the Internet.
Great sound from your iPod or iPhone
The NAS-SV20i features two 2-1/2" full-range stereo speakers powered by a digital amplifier. The amp's advanced circuitry ensures you'll enjoy clear channel separation, with amazingly accurate and balanced sound. And if your music needs a little extra oomph, just press the treble and bass boost button.
Stream music from your devices or the Internet
You can stream music stored on your computer to the NAS-S20i to play it through your A/V system. And you can use your computer or docked iPhone to access Internet services such as PANDORA® Internet radio, Slacker, and Rhapsody and stream those tunes through the system. The NACSS20i can also access thousands of Internet radio stations wirelessly, so you'll never run out of listening choices.
The system can also send music wirelessly to compatible devices in other rooms. The NACSS20i is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compliant. That means it can communicate with any other DLNA devices, such as PCs, media servers, and more, throughout your home.
The Party starts here
This handy system features a Party Streaming option. In Party mode, the NAS-S20i can stream music to compatible HomeShare audio systems such the SA-NS400 network speaker or the NAC-SV10i dock in other rooms. It's whole-house audio the easy way.
- for docking iPods and iPhones
- two built-in 2-1/2" full-range speakers
- treble and bass boost
- 6 equalizer presets
- wirelessly stream music to compatible PCs and media servers from the speaker/dock
- wirelessly stream music to the speaker/dock from Internet music services
- Party Mode wirelessly stream music to linked audio systems in other rooms
- 3-line LCD display
- automatically charges docked player
- stereo minijack auxiliary input to connect to other portable music players
- stereo minijack auxiliary output
- AC adapter
- remote control
- 14-7/16"W x 5-13/16"H x 6-1/4"D
- weight: 4.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NASSV20i
What's in the box:
- Network Audio System
- AC power adapter (with attached 6' DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (RM-ANU093)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 3 iPhone dock adapter inserts
- Operating Instructions
- Supplement to Operating Instructions
- Quick Setup Guide
- Party Streaming note
- iPhone 4 dock adapter note
- Limited Warranty information
- Warning/Precautions note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony NAS-SV20i
Overview: The Sony NAS-SV20i Network Audio System lets you stream music from your iPod/iPhone, windows-based PC, or Bravia Internet Music. The NAS-SV20i features a built-in powered speaker, iPod/iPhone dock, and network connection (Ethernet/Wi-Fi). A remote is included for wireless operation of the unit. A free app is also available that transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a convenient remote control to navigate your music. The NAS-SV20i's attractive design makes it the perfect addition to any room where you want to listen to your music.
S-Master Digital Amplifier: The Sony NAS-SV20i Network Audio System is equipped with a 20W S-Master digital amplifier (10W x 2ch RMS). The S-Master Digital Amplifier design offers superb accuracy, clear separation of signals, and balanced sound reproduction using a digital-to-digital process. It is designed to be highly efficient, producing minimal heat, while taking up less space.
Full-Range Speaker: The Sony NAS-SV20i Network Audio System employs dual 2.5" (8-ohm) full-range speakers for stereo sound.
DSGX: Activate the DSGX (Dynamic Sound Generator X-tra) feature to generate more dynamic sound. You get reinforced bass & treble for a more powerful sound.
Sound Effects: You can select from a list of 6 preset customized sound effects (Standard, Dynamic, Relax, Vivid, Live, or Standard) that best matches your genre of music.
Auxiliary Input: The Sony NAS-SV20i features a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input to connect an external audio device (such as your portable MP3 player). There are two audio level settings (hi/low) to match the output of your external audio device.
Network Connection (LAN/Wi-Fi): You can connect the NAS-SV20i's rear-panel Ethernet (RJ-45) port to your Internet modem or router using a CAT-5 network cable (sold separately) to access music content stored on your PC, or through select Bravia Internet Music services. In addition to the unit's Ethernet port connection, you can also easily connect wirelessly to your home's broadband network using the NAS-SV20i's built-in Wi-Fi. The following system environment is required to connect the NAS-SV20i to your network.
- Broadband Internet: A Broadband line connection to the Internet is required in order to listen to select online music services and to use the software update function of the receiver.
- Modem: This is the device that is connected to the broadband line to communicate with the Internet. Some of these devices are integrated with the router.
- Router (wired/wireless): Use a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX compatible wired router or a 802.11b/g Wi-Fi certified wireless router to enjoy content on your home network.
- Wired (LAN) or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Connection: An Ethernet cable (CAT5) is required for a hardwired (LAN) connection. A wireless (Wi-Fi) connection requires a home network with an 802.11b/g access point and internet connection. Supports WEP (64-/128-bit) and WPA-PSK (AES/TKIP) security.
Bravia Internet Music: You can listen to select music services offered on the internet with NAS-SV20i. You'll be able to enjoy music from an ever growing list of online content providers, such as vTuner & Slacker (as of Aug. 2011). You can store up to 20 of your favorite Internet Radio stations.
- vTuner: The free online vTuner service allows easy browsing of internet radio stations and podcasts. vTuner enables access to web-based radio stations and podcasts via an extremely reliable online database with a wide variety of content. You can browse content by Genre, Location, Language, and Favorites.
- Slacker: Slacker is a free, personalized Internet radio service that lets you choose the music you want to listen to. You can choose Internet radio stations by genre, or create custom stations by Artist name or Song title.
Note: Premium content may require additional fees and/or PC registration
DLNA Certified (Player/Server): By connecting the Sony NAS-SV20i to your home network, you can listen to music stored on your DLNA compliant Windows-based PC. You can also stream content from the NAS-SV20i to another DLNA compatible device. The NAS-SV20i supports the following audio files.
|Linear PCM||Sampling Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz, |
|MP3||Sampling Rate: 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: 32-320 kbps
|WMA||Sampling Rate: up to 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: up to 385 kbps
|AAC||Sampling Rate: 8, 11.025, 12, 16,
22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz |
Bit Rate: up to 576 kbps
Note: If you have a Windows 7-based computer, use the Windows Media Player 12 bundled with Windows 7. If you have a Windows XP or Windows Vista-based computer, install Windows Media Player 11 software.
Party Streaming: You can play music in other rooms simultaneously by connecting Sony products which are compatible with DLNA and the Party Streaming function.
Note: PartyStream mode requires compatible Sony Blu-ray Disc home theater system, Sony Blu-ray Disc player, Sony A/V receiver, or Sony Network Speaker (all sold separately); and connection to the same home network.
Firmware Updates: By downloading the latest firmware version from Sony, you can take advantage of the newest functions. The NAS-SV20i accesses the Sony server to update the firmware through its hardwired or wireless network connection.
Note: The tested NAS-SV20i contained firmware version 1.02.301. Please visit the Sony eSupport Site for the latest firmware update information.
iPod/iPhone Dock: The integrated iPod/iPhone dock lets you listen to music stored on your iPod or iPhone through Network Audio System. The NAS-SV20i supports audio playback, metadata display, remote control, and charging of your compatible iPod/iPhone.
- Audio Playback: The unit's built-in iPod/iPhone dock lets you listen to music, podcast, and audiobook files stored on your iPod or iPhone.
- Metadata Display: The NAS-SV20i will display artist name, song title, and album label. You can also choose to view this information on your iPod or iPhone's LCD screen.
- Remote Control: You can operate your iPod or iPhone using the supplied remote, and your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The NAS-SV20i provides music browsing (by Playlist/Artist/Album/Genre/Track/Composer/Audiobook), alphabet search (A-Z), and Repeat/Shuffle playback modes.
- Charging: The NAS-SV20i will charge your docked iPod/iPhone's battery when the unit is turned on, or in Network Standby mode.
Note: When using an iPod model, use the dock adapter supplied with your iPod. When using an iPhone model, use one of the dock adapters included with the NAS-SV20i.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Sony NAS-SV20i is "Made for iPod/iPhone" certified and supports the following iPod/iPhone models and functions (as of 1/5/2012).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the receiver and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until a newer software update is available.
Music App Compatible: The Sony NAS-SV20i will output audio from music apps stored on your iPod touch or iPhone, such as Pandora & Rhapsody. You will continue to control and view the downloaded music app from your iPod touch or iPhone's LCD touchscreen.
LCD: The Sony NAS-SV20i features a 3-line LCD for system setup, menu settings, clock display, and song/artist information.
Unit Name: You can name the NAS-SV20i so that the unit can be recognized by this same name by other devices on your home network.
Clock & Calendar: This unit uses the Month/Day/Year style for the date format and a 12-hour clock. The clock & calendar can be setup manually or automatically through the network connection.
Play Timer: You can set the Play Timer to start playing a docked iPod/iPhone or an online music service at a specified time.
Sleep Timer: You can set the Sleep Timer so that the unit enters standby mode automatically after a certain period of time (15, 30, 60, or 90 minutes).
IR Remote Control: The Sony NAS-SV20i comes supplied with an IR remote control for wireless operation of the Network Audio System
Remote Control App: Download the free Sony Network Audio Remote app from the iTunes App Store to your iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen) or iPhone (2G/3G/3GS/4) with iOS 3.1.3 or later, and turn it into a versatile remote control. You'll get instant access to your networked personal music collection right from your iPod touch or iPhone. The free app lets you set the volume, browse your music collection, and control playback functions using your iPod touch or iPhone.
Note: The Sony Network Audio Remote app must be downloaded from the iTunes App Store, and requires that the NAS-SV20i, your PC, and the iPod touch/iPhone be connected to the same wireless (Wi-Fi) network.
AC Power Supply: The Sony NAS-SV20i operates off of standard household AC current using the included AC power adapter.
- Input: 100-240V~1A, 50/60Hz
- Output: 19.5V - 2A
Network Standby Mode: The unit is always connected to the network even when the power of the unit is turned off, and resumes operations when controlled over the network. You can turn this function off to reduce power consumption.