About the Sony RM-X11M
Movable music management
Movable music management
Store your stereo safely inside the cabin and let this UV- and salt-tested remote deal with the sun, salt, and spray. Sony's RM-X11M wired marine remote control lets you manage your water music from a convenient spot — without exposing your Sony stereo to the elements.
When connected to a compatible Sony stereo, this water-resistant remote can handle track selection, fast-forward, rewind, volume, and source selection. The remote comes with an 24-foot extension cable, so you can mount it in a variety of locations. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Black and silver wired marine remote control with a 7.5" male minijack cable and 12" power/ground lead attached
- 24' Remote cable with a male minijack connector on one end and a female minijack plug on other end
- Metal mounting bracket
- Self-adhesive gasket
- 2 Mounting bolts
- 6 Nuts
- 2 Flat-washers
- 2 Lock-washers
- Operating Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- Limited US Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer 1 Year Warranty sheet
- European Guarantee Information Document booklet
Sony RM-X11M reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony RM-X11M
Compatibility: The RM-X11M is designed to work with Sony in-dash car and marine receivers that are equipped with the 3.5mm wired remote commander jack.
Water Resistant: The remote is water resistant, so it is ideal for use on boats, where a head unit needs to be kept dry, but you need to control it from a damp remote location.
Buttons: The marine remote features the following controls. Its buttons will illuminate blue.
- Volume +/-: used for volume control
- Source: selects source (Tuner, CD, CD-MD changer, Satellite, etc)
- Off: turns power off or stops source
- Mode: cycles through radio bands, satellite bands, etc
- Seek/AMS |<</>>|: change tuner frequency, change track, search within track
- GP/ALBM+/-: skip groups or albums
Connections: The RM-X11M features an attached 7.5" cord with a male minijack on the other end that connects to the supplied 24' remote cable. The other end of this supplied cable plugs into the 3.5mm wire remote commander jack on the rear-chassis of your compatible Sony in-dash car or marine head unit. The RM-X11M also features a 12-volt lead which connects to the illumination circuit of your boat and a ground wire that connects to a metal point on your boat.
Expandability: You can connect up to three RM-X11M remotes to a compatible Sony head unit. You will simply need a 3.5mm splitter (sold separately).
Mounting: The RM-X11M requires a 1.935" diameter round cutout. It's held in place using the included metal mounting bracket and foam self-adhesive gasket. The mounting depth is 1.256".
- Chassis Diameter: 2.405"
- Cutout Diameter: 1.935"
- Mounting Depth: 1.256"
- Mounting Height: 0.639"
- Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Watertight Marine Design: iPx7 certified
- UV Resistant: tested under ASTM G154
- Salt Resistant: tested under ASTM B117
2 questions already asked