About the Sony RMX55M/Q2
Sony's RM-X55M/Q2 wired marine remote control lets you manage your water music from a convenient spot without exposing your Sony stereo to the elements. When connected to a compatible Sony UniLink stereo, this water-resistant remote can handle track selection, fast-forward, rewind, volume, and source selection.
The remote comes with an 18-foot extension cable, so you can mount it in a variety of locations. Store your stereo safely inside the cabin and let this UV- and salt-tested remote deal with the sun, salt, and spray. Warranty: 1 year.
What's in the box:
- Black and silver RM-X55M/Q2 remote with 5" Minijack cable and 5" UniLink cable attached
- 18' Wired remote extension cable (stereo mini plug)
- 16-2/3' UniLink extension cable
- UniLink "Y" adapter with 18" extension attached
- Mounting gasket
- Mounting bracket
- Two 1.75" Mounting bolts
- 6 Nuts
- 2 Flat washers
- 2 Lock washers
- 1 Plastic wire tie
- Instruction manual
- Note on waterproofing cable connections
- US Warranty Information
- Canada Warranty Information
- Information Document
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony RMX55M/Q2
Compatibility: The RM-X55M/Q2 is designed to work with Sony's UniLink control marine receivers that are compatible with Sony's wired remote. The included UniLink "Y" adapter allows you to connect this unit and another UniLink source (CD changer, Satellite or HD Radio, and iPod) to a compatible head unit.
Display: The display shows source and mode information, satellite radio information, and RDS and CD text information (if supplied by the head unit).
Water Resistant: The remote is water resistant, so it is ideal for use on boats, where a head unit needs to be kept dry, but you need to control it from a damp remote location.
Mounting: The RM-X55M/Q2 requires a 3.155" diameter round cutout. It's held in place using the included mounting bracket. The mounting depth is 1.4375".
- Volume +/-: used for volume control
- Source: selects source (Tuner, CD, CD-changer, Satellite, HD-Radio, iPod, etc)
- Muting: mutes output
- Off: turns remote off
- Mode: cycles through radio bands, satellite bands, etc
- Seek/AMS |<</>>|: change tuner frequency, change track, search within track
- GP/ALBM+/-: skip groups or albums
- Chassis Diameter: 3.865"
- Cutout Diameter: 3.155"
- Mounting Depth: 1.4375"
- Mounting Height: 0.875"
- Meets ASTM B117 salt/fog exposure standard
- Meets ASTM G154 UV exposure standard
- Meets Ipx7 (International Protection ratings against liquids)