About the Sony SAL18552 DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
This versatile Sony is just the lens you'll need when you're not sure what's next — a dramatic landscape, a child's face out on the playground — or a candid group shot. With its quiet, redesigned autofocus motor, it excels at enabling you to gather excellent sound while shooting video. This is a lens that's built for bringing home the elusive shot no matter the shooting challenge.
It's got a useful maximum aperture range of f/3.5-5.6, so it's ready for shooting interiors or exteriors. Aspherical glass elements, plus one extra-low dispersion element make your images as sharp and artifact-free as they can be. And the rear lens element shade has been tweaked from its predecessor to provide better supression of internal reflections to further reduce flaring and ghosting.
- DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Sony zoom lens
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony A-mount DSLR cameras
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 27-82.5mm
- two aspherical and one ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens element for clear images with well defined colors
- Direct Manual Focus allows users to switch between AF and MF without taking their aiming eye from the viewfinder
- minimum focus distance: 10"
- minimum aperture: f/22 (at 18mm)-f/36 (at 135mm)
- lens construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
- diaphragm blades: 7
- attachment/filter diameter: 55mm
- lens is 2-7/8" in diameter, 3-1/16" long without hood or lens cap
- weight: 7.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SAL18552
What's in the box:
- DT18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II zoom lens
- 55mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap
- Operating Instructions
- "Precautions Before Using" booklet
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SAL18552 DT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
Optics: The Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II lens (SAL18552) is an update of SAL1855, and is compatible with Sony α-series (Alpha) DSLR cameras. It can also be used on an NEX-series (E-mount) camera if the LA-EA1 or LA-EA2 lens adapter is used. The DT lens is a more compact, lightweight lens, designed specifically for the APS-size CCD imager used in most Sony Alpha-series cameras. The lens employs a Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) to deliver smooth and silent autofocus operation, and offers a flexible focal range that allows you to capture everything from wide angle to midrange telephoto shots with ease.
Zooming: The lens allows you to rotate the zooming ring to set the desired focal length. The 18-55mm lens features a 3.0x optical zoom.
Focusing: The lens can be used in the auto-focus or manual focus mode. You can switch between focusing modes using the 2-way switch on the lens barrel.
Optional Lens Hood: The lens doesn't include a lens hood, however the optional ALC-SH108 lens hood can be used. A lens hood can help reduce flare caused by unwanted light entering the lens.
|Lens||DT18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II|
|Angle of View||76° to 29°|
|Minimum Focus||0.82' (9.84")|
|f-stop||f/3.5-5.6 maximum |
|Dimensions||Diameter=2.812", Length=3.038" (3.463" with caps)|