About the Sony SA-SW5
Upgrade your bass
Upgrade your bass
The Sony HT-A7000 and HT-A5000 sound bars already sound big and powerful, and they even have built-in subwoofers. But what's better than solid low-frequency performance? Even more quality bass, of course!
The SA-SW5 has a 7" woofer powered by a built-in 300-watt amplifier and a down-firing passive radiator. The woofer's design maximizes the magnetic force driving the voice coil for deeper, more powerful bass. This subwoofer gives you the extra boom you need to really feel your favorite movies and video games.
The SA-SW5 connects to your sound bar wirelessly, so you don't need to run a signal cable across your floor. It's also wireless and compact, so it's not hard to find a nice spot for your sub. You can get started in less than a minute. Just plug into an AC outlet and turn the sub on. It will automatically pair up with the HT-A7000 or HT-A5000. That's as easy as it gets.
- wireless powered subwoofer for Sony HT-A7000 or Sony HT-A5000 (sold separately)
- automatically pairs with sound bar when powered on
- not compatible with other sound bars
- 300-watt built-in amplifier with Sigma Magnetic Circuit for powerful bass
- 7" woofer with down-firing passive radiator
- Separated Notch Edge technology mitigate stress on the sub's diaphragm for clear sound
- 10-7/8"W x 16-1/8"H x 17-7/16"D
- weight: 28.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SA-SW5
What's in the box:
- Wireless powered sub
- 5' AC power cord
- Operating Instructions
- Warranty Information
- Product Registration
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Sony SA-SW5 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SA-SW5
Features & specs
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||Not given|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||Not given|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Wireless Powered Sub: The SA-SW5 wireless powered sub is designed specifically for Sony's HT-A7000 active soundbar speaker or HT-A9 home theater system (both sold separately). The SA-SW5 connects wirelessly to the soundbar speaker via 5.0 GHz RF. This wireless powered subwoofer adds bigger and deeper bass to the HT-A7000 soundbar speaker system for a more impactful home theater experience.
Note: Only one wireless powered sub can be connected to the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar or HT-A9 system.
Auto Connect: Since the SA-SW5 wireless powered sub is built specifically for use with the Sony HT-A7000 soundbar, setup is quick and easy. The wireless powered subwoofer automatically connect to the HT-A7000 soundbar when you power them both up, so you can enjoy impactful bass right away.
7" Woofer + Passive Radiator: The Sony SA-SW5 wireless powered subwoofer utilizes a front-firing 7" woofer and down-firing passive radiator to create deep, powerful pass. With proprietary Sony technologies, including S Magnetic Circuit and Separated Notch Edge, the SA-SW5 delivers deep, rich bass and clear low frequency sound.
- S (Sigma) Magnetic Circuit: Sony's proprietary technology, the S (Sigma) Magnetic Circuit enables deep, powerful bass by maximizing the magnetic force that drives the voice coil. By contrast, conventionally shaped circuits let much of this magnetic force leak away.
- Separated Notch Edge: Another Sony proprietary technology, Separated Notch Edge improves vertical amplitude symmetry, an essential for clear sound quality. It achieves this using concentric cuts on the edge of the rubber surround, which help to control the stress inside and outside the edge of the diaphragm.
S-Master Digital Amplifier: The front-firing 7" subwoofer is powered by a built-in Sony designed S-Master digital amplifier rated at 300 watts (RMS) for dynamic, distortion-free bass. The S-Master Digital Amplifier is highly efficient, runs cools, and delivers clear bass with less distortion.
Placement Options: The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned up to 30' away from the HT-A7000 soundbar or HT-A9 home theater system. Best practice is to position the wireless powered sub to the left or right of the HT-A7000 soundbar or the front speakers of the HT-A9 system, along the same wall. Corner placement will provide the greatest bass output, but can also "muddy" the sound or make the subwoofer sound to "boomy.
Power Requirements: The wireless powered subwoofer comes with a detachable 5' AC power cord which will need to be plugged into a AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).