About the Sony SBD30
As home entertainment continues to go digital, you may find yourself with more digital-capable source components than your receiver can accommodate. It's no fun having to constantly disconnect and reconnect your CD player, DVD player, MD recorder, or DBS receiver. Sony's SB-D30 optical digital selector solves this problem with 3 optical digital inputs (2 Toslink, 1 mini-optical), and 2 Toslink outputs. The front-panel selector buttons include red LEDs.Details:
- 3 optical digital inputs (2 Toslink, 1 mini-optical)
- 2 optical digital outputs (Toslink)
- supplied AC adapter
- 5-3/4"W x 1-5/8"H x 7-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SBD30
This is a silver colored optical digital switcher with inputs for 2 Toslink digital sources, 1 mini-optical digital source and outputs for 1 Toslink jack and 1 mini-optical jack. It cannot be used with coaxial digital sources. Power is supplied from the supplied AC adapter. The top of the unit graphics showing the signal flow.
- Power button: Turns unit on or off. A green LED on the button illuminates when the power is on.
- Selector buttons: Three buttons marked 1, 2 and 3 allow you to select one of the three input sources. Each button has a red LED that illuminates to show which source is selected. Note that only ONE source can be selected at a time.
- Mini-optical digital output: Used to connect a digital unit with a mini-optical input such as a portable MiniDisc recorder. This output (which is the same size as a minijack output) is covered by a plastic cap. Note that whenever the unit is turned on both this output and the Toslink output are simultaneously out.
- DC input jack: For use with supplied AC adapter
- Inputs 1 and 2: Standard Toslink digital inputs each with a plastic cover.
- Input 3: Mini-optical digital input covered by a plastic cap.
- Toslink optical output: Standard Toslink digital output with a plastic cover.
- This unit can only be used with components that accept either Toslink or mini-optical digital connections.
- Both outputs can be used simultaneously while the unit is on.
- Only one input source can be selected at a time.
- Some source units will not send out a digital signal for a few seconds after the select switch is pressed.
- This unit does not have a built-in sampling rate converter so if the sampling rate that is being input is not the same as the rate used by the unit connected to the output the unit connected to the output must have a sampling rate converter.