About the Sony ES SCD-C2000ES (Black)
Fantastic Sony ES quality, detailed 5.1-channel SACD sound, and 5-disc carousel convenience all come together in the SCD-C2000ES. In addition to regular CDs, the changer also handles Super Audio CDs, a type of disc that offers a more true-to-life listening experience. With SACDs you can experience musical performances reproduced with exceptional accuracy, delivered to your ears from all angles via six discrete channels of ultra-high-resolution audio.
Built-in bass management and channel level adjustment let you tailor the SACD output to your specific 5.1-channel speaker system. The changer uses an advanced Super Audio D/A converter for multichannel SACD playback that's breathtakingly pristine and dynamic. Stereo SACDs also sound phenomenal, and even your regular CDs come to life with extra detail.
Solid ES construction helps this player produce exceptionally clean sound. The anti-resonant aluminum front panel squelches unwanted vibrations, while dual transformers minimize interference and hum. Sony stands behind the SCD-C2000ES with an impressive 5 year warranty.
Note: Multichannel SACD playback requires a 5.1-channel input on your receiver or preamplifier.
- 5-disc changer
- plays multichannel SACDs, stereo SACDs, CDs, audio CD-Rs, and audio CD-RWs
- multichannel bass management and level control
- Super Audio digital-to-analog converter
- single lens with separate optical pickups for SACD and CD
- time alignment function for optimal SACD playback
- SACD/CD Text display
- analog outputs for SACD (5.1-channel) and CD
- optical and coaxial digital outputs for CD
- remote control
- anti-resonant aluminum front panel
- dual power supplies
- off-center insulator feet
- black finish
- 17"W x 4-1/2"H x 17-5/8"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCDC2000ES/B
What's in the box:
- 5-Disc Super Audio CD/CD changer
- RM-SC505 wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Two 39" audio connecting cords (each cord has left and right RCA audio connectors on each end)
- Two 37" audio connecting cords (each cord has a single RCA audio connector on each end)
- Operating Instructions (English/French)
- US warranty sheet
- Canadian warranty card
- Important Safeguards
- Product Registration sheet
- "Music discs encoded with copyright protection technologies" sheet
Sony ES SCD-C2000ES (Black) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony ES SCD-C2000ES (Black)
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||No|
|Direct Track Access||Remote|
|Direct Disc Access||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Stereo SACD Playback||Yes|
|CD Frequency Response||2-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|SACD Frequency Response||2-40k Hz|
|SACD Dynamic Range||101 dB|
|SACD THD||0.003 %|
|Analog RCA Output||Yes|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
Disc Compatibility: The SCD-C2000ES Super Audio CD player can play the following discs:
- Single layer 2-channel and Multi-channel Super Audio CDs: These discs contain a single HD (high density) layer, can hold up to 74 minutes of music, and are playable only on an SACD-compatible unit such as the SCD-C2000ES.
- Dual layer 2-channel and Multi-channel Super Audio CDs: These discs contain two HD layers for longer playing times. The information is recorded on one side only, so the discs do not have to be turned. These discs are playable only on an SACD-compatible unit such as the SCD-C2000ES.
- 2-channel and Multi-channel Super Audio CD + CD (Hybrid disc): These discs contain a high density SACD layer and a conventional CD layer, allowing them to be played either on an SACD-compatible unit or on a regular CD player.
- Conventional Audio CDs
SACD Playback Types: This unit automatically recognizes the type of SACD you are playing, and routes the audio signal to the appropriate analog audio outputs. There are three types of Super Audio CDs:
- 2-channel: The disc contains only 2-channels of information. When playing this disc, the player is automatically set to 2-channel playback, and audio is output from the Analog 2Ch Out jacks and Analog 5.1Ch Out Front L/R jacks.
- Multi-channel: The disc contains multiple channels of information (3, 4, 5, or 6). When playing this disc, the player is automatically set to multi-channel playback, and audio is output from the 5.1-channel analog outputs.
- 2-Channel + Multi-channel: The disc contains both 2-channel information and multi-channel information. You can select the type of playback you desire on the unit or remote, and the audio is output only from the jacks corresponding to the type of playback you select.
Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Encoding: Super Audio CD uses DSD encoding (compared to PCM used for CD/MiniDisc/DVD-Audio/DVD-Video etc.). DSD uses a sampling frequency 64 times higher than conventional CD (2,822,400 samples per second) and 1-bit quantization. This achieves a wide frequency range and a wide dynamic range across the audible frequency range, thereby providing musical reproduction extremely faithful to the original.
Discrete Dual Laser Optical Pickup: Because of the significant difference in the laser wavelength between SACD (650 nm) and CD (780 nm), this unit is equipped with a discrete dual laser optical pickup--two independent lasers working through a common lens. One laser is exclusively for CD, CD-R and CD-RW, while the other laser delivers uncompromised reproduction of SACD.
Super Audio DAC: The SCD-C2000ES uses a Super Audio D/A Converter, which allows higher quality sound reproduction.
Multi-Channel Management Function (SACD only): The Multi-channel Management Function uses Digital Signal Processing to allow you to set up the unit according to the presence and size of your speakers and the distance from your listening position (3 to 23 feet in 1 foot increments). For multi-channel playback mode, speakers designated as "Large" will be sent full-range audio, while speakers designated as "Small" will receive signals that have been filtered to remove low bass frequencies. For proper channel balance during multi-channel playback, the center, surround and subwoofer channel output levels may be adjusted at the unit or with the remote. If you have an ideal speaker output, you can select MCH Direct, which bypasses the DSP circuit, and outputs the signal directly from each speaker at a non-adjustable level. For 2-channel playback, you can select 2CH Direct (2 speakers/no subwoofer) or 2CH + SW (2 speakers with subwoofer).
Digital Outputs: This unit is equipped with optical and coaxial digital outputs, which are active only when playing a standard CD. There is no digital signal output during SACD playback.
SACD and CD Text Compatible: This unit can display the disc name, artist name, and current track name for CD Text and SACD Text discs. If the name has 13 or more characters, the first 12 characters will remain after the name scrolls by on the display. If a disc's text is in multiple languages, "Multi-Text" will appear in the display, and you can select which language you want to display.
Disc Name: Up to 100 discs can be labeled with names of up to 12 characters. If the disc is encoded with SACD Text or CD Text, it cannot be labeled.
Disc Exchange: You can exchange up to 4 discs while playing a fifth.
15 Track Music Calendar: A calendar-like display lights up with the number of tracks on the currently selected disc, up to 15. An "arrow" icon indicates the presence of 16 or more tracks. After a track has been played, the number for that track disappears from the calendar display.
Display: The display can be set to show current track/elapsed time, current track/remaining time, remaining time for entire disc, Text information, and channel information (for multi-channel SACDs). The display can also be turned off.
Remote Control: The supplied remote (RM-SC505) is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on other Sony CD players. The remote's codes correspond to Sony CD Player codes, so many of its functions can be operated with a normal Sony receiver or preamp remote control.
Analog Outputs: The SCD-C2000ES features a 5.1-channel output (Female RCA Jacks for Front left/right, Surround left/right, Center, Subwoofer) for multi-channel SACD playback. When a 2-channel SACD or standard CD is played, the audio is output through the Front left/right RCA jacks only.
Digital Outputs (CD only): One Toslink optical digital output and one coaxial digital output are provided to allow you to make digital recordings. Only 16-bit PCM digital signals from a CD, or the CD layer of a Hybrid SACD disc, are output through the optical jack. No SACD audio is output.
Note: If only the Front left/right outputs are connected to a receiver or amplifier, you must change the default playback area to the 2-channel area. Otherwise, the multi-channel playback area will be played and some vocals and other sounds may not be heard.
IR In: This minijack allows you to connect a component with an IR relay output.
The Sony ES SCD-C2000ES (Black) replaces these items