About the Sony SEL1670Z 16-70mm f/4
It's good to own an E-mount camera
It's good to own an E-mount camera
One of the big advantages of having a camera that uses Sony's E-mount system is the continued addition of premium lenses from Zeiss. This legendary manufacturer, in partnership with Sony, has introduced yet another "must-have" lens, a standard-length zoom with a constant f/4 maximum aperture that's sure to be on a lot of photographer's wish lists.
With an equivalent focal length of 24-105mm, this is designed to be a daily-use lens, well-suited to the fast-developing shooting opportunities that travel and social events provide. A constant maximum aperture of f/4 throughout the shooting range means this lens is more than up to low-light challenges, while giving you the range to fill the frame with your subject from a distance. And because much of this lens' zoom range is in the sweet spot for portrait photography, the wide aperture will also lend itself to creamy, smooth out-of-focus backgrounds, so what you capture will stand out sharp and clear from electronic screens and printed pages.
- 16-70mm f/4 video-friendly power zoom lens with 35mm equivalent of 24-105mm
- compatible with APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for steadier handheld shots
- quiet autofocus motor for cleaner sound recording
- minimum focus distance: 13.8"
- minimum aperture: f22
- seven rounded aperture blades for smooth background defocusing
- filter/attachment size: 55mm
- lens is 2-5/8" in diameter and 3-3/16" long
- weight: 10.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens caps
- MFR # SEL1670Z
What's in the box:
- E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS zoom lens
- 55mm Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap (installed)
- ALC-SH127 Lens hood
- Drawstring storage pouch
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions Before Using
- Warranty sheet
- Serial Number card
Sony SEL1670Z 16-70mm f/4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL1670Z 16-70mm f/4
Optics: The Sony Vario-Tessar T* (t-star) E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS zoom lens is compatible with the Sony α NEX-series interchangeable lens cameras. The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24-105mm, and a 83°-23° field of view for capturing close-up portraits and expansive landscapes. The lens is produced under the strict standards and quality assurance system of Carl Zeiss. It comes with the ALC-SH127 lens hood, a soft carrying pouch with a drawstring, and front and rear lens caps.
Note: Using this lens on a full-frame camera may result in vignetting -- causing the corners of the image to become darker than the center.
Optical SteadyShot (OSS): The lens has built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which helps achieve crisp, stable images and video in low-light or when zooming in on distant subjects. The OSS feature can be activated in the camera's menu.
Focusing: The lens can be used with the NEX-series cameras in the auto-focus, direct manual focus, or manual focus modes. You can switch between focusing modes in the camera menu.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the ALC-SH127 lens hood which helps prevent lens flare. When installed, the lens hood adds approximately 1-3/8" to the overall length of the lens. The hood can be stored on the lens by installing it backwards.
|Lens||E 16-70mm F4|
|Angle of View||38°-23°|
|Minimum Focus||1.15' (13.8")|
|f-stop||f/4 maximum |
Length=3.153" (3.655" with lens caps)
The Sony SEL1670Z 16-70mm f/4 replaces these items
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 24-75mm
- lightweight, low-profile design provides wide-to-normal length zoom with compact camera portability
- ideal for portraits and everyday shooting
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?