About the Sony SEL20TC 2.0X Teleconverter
Double your reach
If you shoot sports or wildlife, sometimes a little extra reach makes all the difference in getting the winning shot. Sony's SEL20TC 2.0X teleconverter is a lightweight, compact alternative to lugging around a bulky extra lens. Attached between your Sony E-mount camera body and a compatible lens, it doubles the lens's effective focal length without degrading image resolution. This converter is currently only compatible with Sony's SEL70200GM 70-200mm zoom lens, and will increase its zoom range to 140-400mm on full-frame E-mount cameras. On APS-C sensor E-mount cameras, the equivalent focal length is 210-600mm — some serious telephoto reach.
- currently only compatible with Sony SEL70200GM 70-200mm zoom lens
- provides 2.0X optical magnification
- light loss: 2 f-stops
- retains full optical quality and operability of lens
- construction: 8 elements in 5 groups
- 1 aspherical lens element for excellent image quality
- includes case
- teleconverter is 2-1/2" in diameter, 1-11/16" long
- weight: 7.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEL20TC
What's in the box:
- Sony E-mount 2.0x teleconverter
- ALC-B1EM Body lens cap
- ALC-R1EM Rear lens cap
- Zippered storage case
- Operating Instructions
- Precautions before Using
- Notes on Use
- Limited Warranty (US)
- European Guarantee Information Document
Sony SEL20TC 2.0X Teleconverter Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SEL20TC 2.0X Teleconverter
Overview: The Sony 2.0x Teleconverter (SEL20TC) increases the focal length of the attached lens by 2.0 times, when mounted between the camera and the lens. The teleconverter is compatible with Sony α series E-mount cameras, and is recommended for full-frame cameras. It cannot be used on Sony A-mount cameras, or with any mount adapters. It is currently only compatible with the Sony SEL70200GM lens. The 2.0x Teleconverter comes with front and rear lens caps and a zippered storage case.
Construction: The 2.0x teleconverter features 8 lens elements in 5 groups, including one aspherical lens element.
Teleconverter Attributes: The teleconverter multiplies the focal length of the lens used without degrading its optical performance, auto-focus speed and precision, or operability. It allows you to extend the focal length so you don't have to carry additional large, heavy lenses. Attaching the teleconverter changes the f-stop, maximum magnification, and depth-of-field specifications of the lens:
- F-stop: 2 f-stops higher (slower) than the attached lens
- Maximum Magnification: 2.0x the attached lens
- Depth of Field: approximately 1/2 of the attached lens
- Dimensions: Diameter - 2.452", Length - 1.66" (2.029" w/lens caps)
- Weight: 7.4 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?