About the Sony SRS-NS7
Convenient hybrid design
The Sony SRS-NS7 neckband delivers personalized sound with a comfortable, wearable design.
Convenient hybrid design
Sony's SRS-NS7 is a neckband speaker that combines the benefits of a portable speaker with a pair of wireless headphones. This hybrid design offers greater freedom of movement as there's no need to carry the speaker in your hands, place it nearby, or wear it over your ears.
The soft silicone neckband wraps snugly over your shoulders and is so lightweight and comfortable you might forget it's there after a few minutes. The SRS-NS7 is also water-resistant, which means you can knock out the dishes and other tasks around the house without worrying about the occasional splash.
Calls, music, and personal home theater
Built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music and make hands-free calls. You can connect up to two Bluetooth sources at a time, letting you quickly answer a call when you're listening to music, then flip right back to your tunes once you hang up.
You can also connect the neckband to your TV using the included WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter. Installation only takes a couple minutes. The transmitter hooks right up with a USB and optical digital cable (both included). From there, just pair up the neckband with the transmitter via Bluetooth for a smooth home listening experience with minimal audio delay.
Sound just for you, without shutting out the world
The neckband's up-firing drivers and passive radiators create a powerful personal listening space to play your favorite music without disturbing anyone nearby. It's great for late night movies and shows after everyone else has headed off to bed, too. That means I can re-binge The Witcher in peace and without judgement as I whisper along to "Toss a Coin..."
The open-ear design also means you can still hear your surroundings. Since I've got two young kids, I find this neckband design to be an an attractive option. My kiddos can get a little wild without much warning, so I can't justify wearing headphones or playing my stereo system as loud as it deserves. With the SRS-NS7, I can rock out to Metallica's "Orion" cleaning up Legos while they watch Luca (again) — with all of us chilling in the same room.
Virtual 360° sound
The SRS-NS7 can deliver a personalized home theater experience with Sony's 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app. This app analyzes the shape of your ears, empowering the neckband to create a unique three-dimensional soundscape by projecting sound to "phantom" speakers.
You can take advantage of this technology by connecting the WLA-NS7 transmitter to a Sony BRAVIA XR TV to pass immersive audio formats like Dolby Atmos®. Hear the wind rushing past Miles Morales as he webslings through a crowded skyline in Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse or track Godzilla's atomic breath as it rips through a building and hammers his arch-nemesis Ghidorah in King of the Monsters.
Enjoy high-res audio
If you have a collection of high-resolution music files stashed on your phone or laptop, you can play them on the SRS-NS7. DSEE Extreme™ (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) even upscales digital audio files, so you can enjoy better sound with compressed formats like MP3.
- wearable neckband speaker comfortably rests on your shoulders
- lightweight with soft, flexible silicone band and premium fabric front
- water-resistant IPX4 rating
- open-ear design lets you enjoy your music while staying aware of your surroundings
- two built-in up-firing speakers with X-Balanced design deliver clear sound without disturbing anyone else
- two passive radiators increase low-frequency response for punchier bass
- Bluetooth 5.0 for hands-free calling and wireless music streaming with compatible devices
- connect two devices simultaneously to quickly pick up a call and return to your music without interruption
- built-in echo-cancelling microphone is perfect for virtual meetings
- WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter connects directly to your TV via optical and USB cables (cables and transmitter included)
- connect with a Sony BRAVIA XR TV to pass immersive audio formats like Dolby Atmos (sold separately)
- pair your SRS-NS7 with the transmitter over Bluetooth
- 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app analyzes your ears to create phantom speakers all around you
- requires connection to the included WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter
- 360 Reality Audio delivers an immersive music listening experience with compatible music streaming services
- requires free downloadable Sony Headphones Connect mobile app
- works with 360 Reality Audio tracks on Deezer, TIDAL, and more (subscription may be required)
- 5-band custom EQ and preset EQs
- plays high-res audio files
- DSEE Extreme uses artificial intelligence to upscale compressed digital files in real time
- rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- quick 10-minute charge gives you up to an hour of play time
- wireless range: 98.4 feet
- frequency response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- includes USB cable charging cable
- 9-5/8"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/4"D
- weight: 11.15 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRSNS7
What's in the box:
- Wireless neckband speaker
- WLA-NS7 wireless transmitter
- 9.5" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 39" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- 32" Optical digital cable (Toslink connectors on both ends)
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- End User License Agreement
- Warranty (US+Canada)
- 360 Reality Audio promo card
Sony SRS-NS7 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SRS-NS7
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||9.625" x 2.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony SRS-NS7 Wireless Neckband Speaker is a wearable personal speaker for enjoying movies, TV, and music. The 11-ounce speaker rests around your neck and on your shoulders while its up-firing drivers deliver sound directly to your ears. The speaker comes with a puck-shaped wireless transmitter that connects to your TV via an optical cable, and allows you to pair the speaker via Bluetooth for a full wireless theater experience. Since your ears remain uncovered, you can remain fully aware of your surroundings. Using a special Sony smartphone app, you can personalize your sound experience when the speaker is used with a compatible Sony BRAVIA XR TV.
Drivers: The SRS-NS7 is equipped with two top-mounted 32mm x 33mm X-Balanced full range speakers that project the sound toward each ear, fully immersing you into the movie or music. The unique shape of the drivers deliver a wider sound stage with more clarity, but less distortion. The X-Balanced drivers are in close proximity to your ears so the sound doesn't disturb others. In addition, a pair of passive bass radiators increase the low-frequency response so you can hear the deep bass sounds more clearly.
Construction: The speaker features a silicone finsh neckband that contours to your neck and shoulders, while the soft-feel coating that is so smooth you'll forget you have it on. The silicone is easy to keep clean as well. The top portion of the speaker has an elegant fabric covering, and the controls are easy to reach.
Bluetooth Receiver: The Wireless Neckband Speaker supports Bluetooth Version 5.0, and can be wirelessly connected to the included transmitter, or to a computer (Windows or Mac) or smartphone (Android or iPhone). The speaker supports SBC, AAC, and LDAC codecs, as will as A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, and HFP profiles, depending on the capability of the music source. The unit lets you connect two devices at the same time, allowing you to switch between sources with just one click.
Bluetooth Transmitter: The SRS-NS7 comes with a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to your TV for signal (optical) and power (USB-C). It transmits wirelessly to the neckband speaker via Bluetooth 5.0 out to approximately 98 feet (line of sight). The transmitter supports SBC (Subband Codec) and A2DP profile. When connected to a Sony BRAVIA XR TV, the transmitter helps minimize audio delay so you can enjoy perfectly synchronized pictures and sound. The Bluetooth transmitter can be used to transmit audio to other Bluetooth headphones, if desired.
360 Spatial Sound: The Sony 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app lets you enjoy a personalized sound experience. During setup, the app uses the camera on your smartphone to capture and analyze the unique shape of your ear. When used with BRAVIA XR TVs, the app creates your own personal spatial soundfield. When watching Dolby Atmos® movies, the experience takes on a whole new dimension to put you in the middle of the scene. The 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer requires the supplied WLA-NS7 transmitter, and a BRAVIA XR TV (sold separately). A firmware update is required on the BRAVIA XR TV. The Sony 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app is available from Google Play for Android devices (5.0 and up) and from the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 11.0 or later).
Microphone: The Wireless Neckband Speaker has an optimally-placed microphone that makes it ideal for hands-free phone calls, as well as online meetings. The X-Balanced Speaker unit clearly reproduces your caller's and coworkers' voices, while echo cancelling reduces feedback to a minimum.
Sony Headphones Connect App: When the neckband speaker is connected with your smartphone, you can use the Sony Headphones Connect app to enhance your listening experience. The app lets you adjust the sound through its EQ settings. You can also personalize and enjoy a spatial soundfield with your music sources with 360 Reality Audio. The Sony Headphones Connect app is available for Android devices (5.0 and up) and for iPhone/iPod touch (iOS 11.0 or later).
Battery Life: The SRS-NS7 is powered by a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. A fully charged battery will provide about 12 hours of playback time with the volume level set at 16. At maximum volume (31), playback time is reduced to about 5 hours. Using the included USB-C cable, the battery charges in approximately 4 hours when connected to a commercially available USB AC adapter with an output of 1.5A. You can check the battery level while the speaker is turned on by pressing the Power/Bluetooth button. Voice Guidance will announce the remaining battery power in increments of 10%. In addition, a 10-minute quick charge will give you up to an hour of play time.
Note: It may take a very long time to charge the speaker with an adapter with an output of less than 1.5A.
Water Resistance: The Sony Wireless Neckband Speaker has a water resistance rating of IPX4: protected against water splashing from any direction. The USB-C charging port's protective cap should be in place at all times, except when charging the battery to maintain the speaker's water resistance.
- Bluetooth Frequency Transmission Range: 20Hz to 20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling)
- Amplifier Power: With 4Ω loads, both channels driven, from 100Hz to 10,000 Hz, rated 0.9W per channel minimum RMS power at stereo mode, with no more than 1% THD from 250mW to rated output.
- Speakers: Two 32mm x 33mm full range drivers, plus 2 Passive bass radiators
- Microphone: Electret condenser, omni-directional; Frequency Range: 100Hz - 7,000Hz
- Neckband Speaker: Width 9.625", Height 2.125", Depth 7.375"; Weight 11.15 ounces
- Transmitter: Diameter 2.269" Height 0.894"; Weight 1 ounce
1 question already asked