About the Sony SRS-XB3
Extra bass to go
With 24 hours battery life, the SRS-XB3 may last longer than the party.
Extra bass to go
Want a portable Bluetooth speaker that can deliver extra bass when you need it? With the Sony SRS-XB3, all you have to do is press the EXTRA BASS button. That makes the system's built-in digital processor maximize the bass and intensify the volume, and the SRS-XB3's speakers kick into action, their long-throw design and light diaphragms delivering deep, punchy bass.
Clean, clear sound
In addition to its specially designed full-range drivers, the SRS-XB3 has two passive radiators to reinforce the lows. Even without EXTRA BASS, your music will have a nice kick to it. The speaker's built-in digital signal processor (DSP) uses Sony's ClearAudio+™ and DSEE technology to restore depth and detail to compressed music, making it sound more natural and spacious.
Take that call
If somebody calls while you're listening to music, simply hit the illuminated "phone" button to talk hands-free. The SRS-XB3 has a built-in microphone so both you and your caller will enjoy a clear conversation.
Ready to go
The Sony SRS-XB3's ready to party, with a built-in rechargeable battery that can last up to 24 hours. And it's water-resistant, too,so you can use it poolside, or on the slopes.
Simple NFC pairing
Pairing your smartphone or tablet with the SRS-XB3 is simple — especially if you have an Android™ device. The system uses NFC (Near Field Communication), so you just have to touch your Android smartphone or tablet to the speaker to pair it.
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- NFC touch pairing with compatible Android phones
- wireless range: 30 feet
- two 1-7/8" full-range speakers with 2 passive bass radiator
- EXTRA BASS on/off switch
- internal microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery with 24 hour battery life
- minijack auxiliary input
- ClearAudio+ sound mode for enhancing compressed music
- DSEE for restoring depth and detail to compressed music
- 8-5/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 3-1/4"D
- weight: 32.8 oz.
- warranty: 1 year parts, 90 days labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SRSXB3/BLK
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Warranty Information
- Magnet note
- Connector cap note
Sony SRS-XB3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony SRS-XB3
S-Master Digital Amplifier: The Sony SRS-XB3 portable Bluetooth speaker system houses two 1.89" full-range drivers powered by a built-in S-Master digital amplifier for clean, clear sound. The newly developed 1.89" large full-range speakers have a powerful embedded magnet and long stroke to reproduce deep bass. The light diaphragm achieves high sound pressure for punchy bass. Two oval passive radiators (one front-firing/one rear-firing) are used for deeper bass and more depth.
Audio Technologies: The SRS-XB3 portable Bluetooth speaker system utilizes three Sony proprietary sound technologies - Clear Audio+, DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine), & Extra Bass - to enhance the compact speakers sound quality.
- Clear Audio+: ClearAudio+ automatically adjusts sound settings for an enriching listening experience. By bringing together expertise in digital signal processing technologies, ClearAudio+ is able to optimize audio formats to deliver a consistently clear, high-quality sound, whatever music you're listening to.
- DSEE: DSEE upscales your compressed digital music files (SBC, AAC, etc.) and takes it closer to the quality of High-Resolution Audio. By restoring the high-range sound lost in the compression process, DSEE produces your digital music files in rich, natural sound, closer to the quality of the original recording.
- Extra Bass: Despite its compact size, this portable wireless speaker produces powerful sound with incredible depth thanks to Sony's Extra Bass technology. Tailor-made for dance music, innovative Extra Bass technology enhances deep, punchy bass sound. Just press the Extra Bass button to give each track added impact. Using a unique digital signal processor, Extra Bass maximizes punchy bass and loudness.
Bluetooth Technology: The Sony SRS-XB3 features built-in Bluetooth (Ver. 3.0) with support for A2DP wireless audio streaming and multiple audio codecs; like SBC, AAC, and LDAC. It also offers support for HFP, so you can use the SRS-XB3 as a hands-free speakerphone for your mobile phone. In addition, the speaker system offers Simple Secure Pairing (SSP) and Near Field Communication (NFC). The Bluetooth speaker system has a 30' wireless range.
- Wireless Audio Streaming w/ LDAC: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple device, Android smartphone/tablet, portable audio player, laptop, or PC to the Sony SRS-XB3 speaker system. In addition to support for Bluetooth standard SBC codec and Apple's AAC codec, the system also supports Sony's newest LDAC codec. LDAC is a new audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high quality wireless audio via Bluetooth. With 3x the data transmitted (compared to regular Bluetooth), LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music. You'll continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile device for music navigation and song/artist information display.
- Hands-Free Speakerphone: You can use the SRS-XB3 as a hands-free speakerphone for your Bluetooth paired Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, Windows phone, Blackberry and other Bluetooth enabled mobile phones. The caller's voice is heard through the system's speaker, while you speak into the unit's built-in microphone. You can answer and end a call by pressing the top-panel "phone icon" button. You can also activate the voice command function of your phone to dial a number by pressing this same button. In addition, a long press of this button, will redial the last phone number you called. All other phone functions will be handled from your mobile phone.
- Simple Secure Pairing + NFC: The SRS-XB3 pairs wirelessly and effortlessly with Bluetooth enabled devices (up to 8) with a single press of a button. Bluetooth-enabled devices (like Android 2.3.3 or later) that have Near Field Communication (NFC) are even easier to pair with; simply touch the device to the NFC logo on the speaker and they're paired. The NFC Easy Connect App is needed for your Android device, unless you have Android OS 4.1 or later installed. Once paired, the speaker system will automatically re-connect to your device when within range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Sony SRS-XB3 system.
Speaker Add Function: By connecting two SRS-XB3 speakers via Bluetooth, you can select audio reproduction between stereo mode (stereo sound) and double mode (monaural sound). To use this function, two SRS-XB3 speakers are required. Volume adjustment of one speaker is reflected on the other.
- Stereo Mode: One speaker plays the sound on the right channel (right side), while the other speaker plays the sound on the left channel (left side) for stereo playback between the speakers.
- Double Mode: Both speakers play the same sound; Double mode is the initial setting.
IPX5 Water Resistant: The Sony SRS-XB3 portable Bluetooth speaker system has a water resistant specification of IPX5, allowing it to withstand exposure to direct jet streams of water using a 6.3mm (1/4") nozzle from any direction where approximately 12.5L/min of water is applied for a period of no more than 3 minutes from a distance of about 3 meters (10'). This speaker system is water resistant, but not water-tight or waterproof. It should not be submerged in water, left outside permanently, or used in a salt water environment.
Note: To ensure that the JSRS-XB3 is water resistant, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the rear-panel connector cap; exposing the SRS-XB3 to water without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. And do not expose the SRS-XB3 to water while charging or connected to AC power, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Vertical or Horizontal Orientation: The Sony SRS-XB3 portable Bluetooth speaker can be positioned vertically or horizontally for playback.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Sony SRS-XB3 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Note: You cannot listen to music via a Bluetooth connection while an audio cable is connected to the speaker. Disconnect the Aux cable before starting Bluetooth wireless music streaming.
USB Charging Port: The Sony SRS-XB3 is fitted with a rear-panel USB-A port (5V/1A) for charging your smartphone device. The speaker unit can charge your device while battery powered or connected to AC power. The USB port is not designed for audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony SRS-XB3 operates off of battery and AC power. The built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery (4200mAh) can last up 24 hours (and as little as 4 hours at max volume). The included AC power adapter and cable charges the built-in battery and supplies power to the speaker system. A full charge takes approximately 4 hours.
Note: If no operation is performed and no sound is input for approximately 15 minutes, the speaker system will turn off automatically to save power and battery life.
2 questions already asked