About the Sony ES STR-DA1000ES
Remarkable 7.1-channel home theater realism meets high-end Sony ES performance and construction standards! The STR-DA1000ES teams up 100 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 7 with dual 32-bit processing for Dolby® Digital EX and DTS-ES® sources the seamless, wraparound soundfield totally immerses you in the movie action. You can even set this receiver to automatically convert 5.1 and 6.1-channel Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks into thrilling 7.1 sound.
For easy, advanced control of your whole A/V system, the learning/multibrand LCD remote features macros that you can program to execute a series of commands with a single button-press. Another great convenience feature is composite-to-S-video conversion, which simplifies hookup to your TV.
Wide-range frequency response and analog multichannel bass management let you make the most of high-resolution music sources like SACD and DVD-Audio. You also get loads of inputs and outputs, including component video switching with 80MHz bandwidth for flawless HDTV transfer, 5 digital inputs, 5 A/V inputs, and more! The 'DA1000ES's front panel offers an A/V input with S-video and an optical digital input, for quick and easy hookup of camcorders, game systems, and portable audio players.
The 'DA1000ES's heavy-duty construction is ES all the way, featuring an ultra-sturdy frame-and-beam chassis, an anti-resonant aluminum front panel, and dual power supplies. This meticulous attention to every aspect of the receiver's build allows it to deliver consistently excellent A/V performance every time you turn it on!
- 100 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD
- Dolby Digital EX, DTS-ES, DTS 96/24, DTS Neo:6, and Pro Logic II
- Sony Digital Cinema Sound modes
- dual 32-bit processors
- digital and analog multichannel bass management
- composite-to-S-video conversion
- component video: 2 in, 1 out (80MHz bandwidth)
- digital inputs: 4 optical (including 1 front-panel), 1 coaxial
- optical digital output
- 5.1-channel input
- 3 audio (including phono) and 5 A/V (including 4 S-video & 1 front-panel) inputs
- learning/multibrand LCD remote with macros
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- 20 FM/10 AM presets
- 16-15/16"W x 6-5/16"H x 16-3/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STR-DA1000ES
What's in the box:
- Silver AM/FM/Dolby Digital/DTS receiver
- RM-LG112 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM wire antenna with attached coax connector
- Receiver Operating Instructions
- Remote Commander Operating Instructions
- Easy Setup Guide
- Important Safeguards
- Owner Registration Card
- Warranty sheet
- Sheet on correct loudspeaker connections using the binding posts (taped to top of receiver)
Sony ES STR-DA1000ES reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony ES STR-DA1000ES
Features & specs
32-Bit Processor: This receiver employs dual 32-bit processors, providing precise surround decoding for Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS-ES, DTS Neo:6, Dolby Pro Logic, and Dolby Pro Logic II, plus Sony's Digital Cinema Sound modes.
7-channel Amplifier: This receiver drives 100 full-bandwidth-rated watts x 7 channels of power.
Surround Back Decoding: This function lets you select the decoding mode for the surround back signals of the multi-channel input stream. When you select "SB Auto" and the input stream contains 6.1-channel information, the appropriate decoder is applied to decode the surround back signal (Dolby Digital EX, DTS Matrix, or DTS Discrete decoder). When you select "SB Matrix", Dolby Digital EX is applied to decode the surround back signal regardless of the 6.1-channel (or 5.1-channel) information. In either mode, if two surround back speakers are connected, the output will be 7.1 channels. When "Off" is selected, no surround back decoding is performed.
Surround Modes: This receiver incorporates a wide variety of surround modes to bring you maximum enjoyment from your audio and video software. The surround modes include:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital EX
- Dolby Pro Logic
- Dolby Pro Logic II (Movie and Music)
- DTS (including DTS 96/24)
- DTS-ES (Discrete 6.1 and Matrix 6.1)
- DTS Neo:6 (Cinema and Music)
- Cinema Studio Ex. A (Digital Cinema Sound)
- Cinema Studio Ex. B (Digital Cinema Sound)
- Cinema Studio Ex. C (Digital Cinema Sound)
- Virtual Multi Dimension
- Jazz Club
- Live Concert
Headphone Sound Fields: When headphones are connected, you can select the following sound fields:
- 2CH: outputs the sound in stereo. Standard 2-channel sources completely bypass the sound field processing. Multi-channel surround formats are downmixed to 2-channels.
- Theater (Digital Cinema Sound): allows you to experience a theater-like environment
Analog Direct: Analog direct mode bypasses all digital signal processing for maximum audio purity from any analog source.
Sound Field Customizing: Depending on the Mode selected, you can adjust the following parameters:
- Front Balance: allows you to adjust the balance between the front left and right speakers from L+16 to R+16
- Center Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround Left Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround Right Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround Back Left Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Surround Back Right Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Subwoofer Level: the level may be adjusted from -20dB to +10dB in 0.5dB increments
- Dynamic Range Compressor:
allows you to compress the dynamic range of the sound track. You may select
standard or maximum compression.
- Note: This feature only works with Dolby Digital sources.
- Effect Level: the "presence" of the surround effect may be set to Minimum, Standard, or Maximum
Equalizer: You can adjust the tonal quality (bass and treble level) of the front speakers from -10dB to +10dB in 1dB steps using the EQ menu.
Digital Power Management: When the Digital Power Management is set to Digital Power Off and the receiver is in Analog Direct mode, the digital circuits are automatically turned off, allowing you to enjoy high-quality analog audio without the influence of the digital circuits.
Multichannel Input: Although this unit features built-in Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II and DTS processing, it also has a 5.1 multichannel input for use with external multichannel decoders.
Station and Source Naming: Each preset station and program source may be given an index name of up to 8 characters. For example, two VCRs can be displayed as 8MM and VHS.
Composite to S-Video Conversion: This receiver automatically converts composite video signals to S-video signals. Although video can be sent to your television using the composite and S-Video monitor outputs of the receiver, you have the option to relay video from composite and S-Video sources to your television using only the S-Video monitor output and an S-Video cable (sold separately).
Sleep Timer: The unit may be set to automatically turn off after 2 hours, 1 hour and 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 30 minutes.
Dimmer: You can choose from 4 levels of display brightness, or you can turn the display off.
Learning/Multibrand Remote: The supplied remote is pre-coded to control Sony A/V equipment and most brands of CD players, DAT decks, MD recorders, tape decks, LD players, video CD players, VCRs, DVD players, TVs, DSS receivers, and cable boxes. In addition, this remote can learn up to 80 infrared commands from remotes of other components. A single-line LCD at the top of the remote shows the source currently being controlled. The LCD has an amber backlight that stays illuminated for 3 seconds after a new source is selected.
Macro Play: Up to 2 macros, each with a maximum of 10 steps, can be stored in the remote, allowing you to perform a series of operations at the push of a button.
Speaker Outputs: There are binding post connectors for the left front A, right front A, left front B, right front B, center, left surround, right surround, left surround back, and right surround back speakers. The binding posts are not 5-way because a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs.
Control A1 II: The Control A1 II Control System was designed to simplify the operation of audio systems composed of separate Sony components. Control A1 II connections provide a path for the transmission of control signals, which enable automatic operation and control features usually associated with integrated systems. This receiver has a single Control A1 II mini-jack output.