About the Sony TDM-IP50
Enjoy your iPod's music through your Sony BRAVIA® home theater system or compatible A/V receiver. The TDM-IP50 dock connects to your receiver's "digital media port," sending audio and video from your iPod or iPhone to your system.
- compatible with docking iPods, including the iPod classic, iPod nano, and iPod touch
- compatilble with iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4
- charges iPod or iPhone while docked
- compatible with Sony BRAVIA home theater systems and select Sony receivers
- allows iPod control through receiver
- audio and video output through supplied proprietary Digital Media Port (DMP) cable
- weight: 7.1 oz.
- warranty: 60 days
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TDMIP50
What's in the box:
- Digital Media Port adapter for iPod with attached 6' cord terminated by a proprietary connector
- 7' Video cable with a composite video RCA connector on one end and a 3.5mm minijack connector on other end
- 5 iPod adapter inserts
- Operating Instructions (English/Spanish/French)
- US Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer Warranty sheet
- On-line Product Registration sheet
- iPod Dock Adapters instructions
Sony TDM-IP50 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony TDM-IP50
Overview: The Sony TDM-iP50 Digital Media Port adapter for iPod/iPhone lets you enjoy your iPod and iPhone audio, video, and photo content through your entertainment system by connecting the TDM-iP50 to your Sony audio/video receiver that features a Digital Media Port interface. Video is passed through a composite video connection to your television.
Sony Receiver Compatibility: The TDM-iP50 is compatible with any Sony Bravia home receiver or home theater system featuring a proprietary Digital Media Port.
iPod Compatibility: The TDM-iP50 is compatible with select iPods and iPhones that feature a dock connector. The unit comes supplied with five iPod adapter inserts to fit your iPod. The add-on dock is "Made for iPod/iPhone compatible" and supports the following iPod/iPhone model functions (Dec. 2009).
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Receiver||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
iPod Controls: You can operate your iPod by its own control buttons, the control buttons of your compatible Sony receiver, or the IR wireless remote control supplied with your compatible Sony receiver. The TDM-iP50 features two iPod display operating modes.
- iPod Display Mode: This mode allows you to operate your iPod by your iPod's click-wheel or touch-screen, the connected AV receiver's buttons, or the receiver's remote. Song information will be displayed on your iPod (not your connected television). Video can still be displayed on your connected television.
- On-Screen Display Mode: This mode allows you to operate your iPod by the connected AV receiver's buttons or its remote while displaying the iPod information menus screen on your television. Your iPod's click-wheel or touch-screen will be locked, and the Digital Media Port logo will appear on the iPod display during this mode. The On-screen menu will display the iPods Playlist indicating the following - Track Name, Artist name, Album name, Elapsed time, Currently playing track number/total of tracks, and Playback status (Play, Pause, Fast-forward or Rewind).
Note: The receiver's display will only indicated the DMPORT source. Home video captured with the iPod nano (5th gen.) can be displayed on your connected television only when the TDM-iP50 is set to iPod Display Mode (you cannot select video recorded with the iPod nano from the on-screen display menu).
Shuffle: Plays songs/albums in random order according to the setting on your connected iPod (Random Off, Random Song, Random Album).
Repeat: Plays songs repeatedly according to the setting on your connected iPod (Repeat Off, Repeat One, Repeat All).
Battery Charger: The TDM-iP50 will charge all of the above listed iPods while docked. The TDM-iP50 must be connected to your Sony AV receiver and your sony receiver needs to be powered on.
Screen Saver: The Screen Saver image appears on your TV after about 15 minutes of inactivity when you have the TDM-iP50 and your iPod connected to your Television.
Color Theme: You can select the on-screen display color for the connected television. You can choose from Auto (selected automatically by your iPod), White, Black, Green, Red, or Blue.
Connections: The Sony TDM-iP50 features an Apple dock connector for connection of your iPod. The TDM-iP50 Digital Media Port iPod adapter connects to your compatible Sony receiver's Digital Media Port (DMPORT), which is normally located on the rear panel of the amplifier, via its attached 6' proprietary cable. This cable supplies audio, video and control from your iPod to your Sony receiver and your receiver will then output the video to your television through its monitor out. The TDM-iP50 also features a 3.5mm minijack video output that can output a video signal directly to your TV when you are using a Sony receiver that does not feature a monitor output via the supplied 7' minijack-to-composite-RCA video cable.