About the Sony TDM-NC1
The TDM-NC1 lets you access the music stored on your PC with a Sony BRAVIA® home theater system or a compatible Sony A/V receiver. Plug it into your receiver to access digital music files stored on your computer via your Wi-Fi® home network. The 'NC1 features a small, innovative cube design and a bright display for viewing and selecting track titles. Or, connect the 'NC1 to your TV and search for songs using your TV's display.
- plays music from your PC on your home theater system
- compatible with select Sony BRAVIA home theater systems, including the DAV-HDX265, DAV-HDX267W, and DAV-HDX500
- compatible with select Sony and Sony ES home receivers with Digital Media Port connections
- included software can access unprotected AAC, WMA, and MP3 files
- proprietary Digital Media Port for connection to compatible Sony home theater system or home receiver
- built-in Wi-Fi capability
- composite video output for on-screen display
- remote control
- 3"W x 3"H x 3"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- PC system requirements: Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet home network, Windows XP® or Vista required, iTunes, Windows Media Player, or Sony's Connect software installed
- MFR # TDMNC1
What's in the box:
- Wireless network audio adapter with a 6.5' cord attached using a proprietary Media Port connector on other end
- RM-ANU010 wireless remote control with 3-volt CR2025 battery installed
- M-crew Server Ver.220.127.116.11 CD-ROM
- Quick Setup Guide (English)
- Quick Setup Guide (French)
- Warning Sheet (English/French)
- Online Product Registration card
- U.S. Limited Warranty sheet
- Canada Consumer Warranty sheet
Sony TDM-NC1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony TDM-NC1
Overview: The Sony TDM-NC1 Wireless Network Adapter allows you to enjoy the following functions when connected to a compatible Sony Audio/Video system with a Media Port interface:
- You can listen to music stored on your computer through your Sony A/V system. You can access the following unprotected music file formats - AAC, ATRAC, MP3, WAV, and WMA.
- You can use Music Surfin' to easily enjoy tracks registered to M-crew Server which is a software application for enjoying music files stored on your PC.
- You can register current tracks to your favorite playlist and play tracks using quick and easy remote operations via the supplied IR wireless remote control.
- You can listen to web-radio with an internet connection.
- You can enjoy listening to the same music from separate audio systems in different rooms of your home with the use of multiple TDM-NC1 Wireless Network Adaptors.
- You can control the TDM-NC1 with your Sony system's remote and main buttons for basic operation.
- You can select music from your TV connected to your audio/video system using the Network Adaptor's On-screen display function.
Compatibility: The TDM-NC1 is compatible with any Sony Bravia home receiver or home theater system featuring a proprietary Digital Media Port.
Note: Only one DMPort device can be used at a time unless the receiver/HT system has multiple DMPorts.
PC Requirement: You can connect the unit to your computer using the Ethernet port of your computer, a router with a built-in network switch, a network switching device or wireless LAN router. Your computer will need to meet the following system requirements to use the TDM-NC1 and the supplied M-crew Server software CD-ROM with your compatible Sony receiver.
- Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows XP Home Edition (SP2 or higher), Windows XP Professional (SP2 or higher), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004 (SP2 or higher), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (SP2 or higher)
- CPU: Intel Pentium III 1 GHz or Celeron 1 GHz or higher
- RAM: 256 MB or more is recommended for Windows XP and 512 MB or more is recommended for Windows Vista
- Hard Disk Space: At least 50MB
- Video Display: Must be capable of XGA (1024 x 768 pixels) display with at least 65,536 colors.
- Media Drives: CD-ROM or DVD drive
Connections: The TDM-NC1 features a proprietary connector on a 6.5' cable that plugs into your Sony receiver's Media Port connection which supplies audio and control to your receiver. The TDM-NC1 also features a composite video output which supplies on-screen menu information on your connected television if your Sony receiver does not feature a video monitor output; you can select PAL or NTSC. In addition, the TDM-NC1 has a LAN connection on the rear-panel to connect to your PC or the unit will support Wi-Fi and wirelessly stream digital music files from your PC.
Note: An ethernet cable is not provided for wired installation. You will need a wireless LAN router or wireless access point for Wi-Fi connection.
M-crew Server Ver. 2.5: The supplied M-crew Server Ver.2.5 software allows you to register and store audio data from an audio CD or audio data from the hard disk drive of your computer. You can access unprotected MP3, WAV, ATRAC, AAC and WMA music formats. You can then listen to the music to the music that has been registered and stored to the M-crew Server through your connected Sony AV system using the TDM-NC1. You can easily search for the desired stored tracks by category searches of Genre, Artist or Album using the Music Surfin' feature of the M-crew Server software from the supplied wireless remote control. The M-crew Server also gives you basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, Stop, Random and Repeat from the remote.
Playlists: The TDM-NC1's M-crew Server software supports the following playlist functions.
- Newly Registered: The 30 tracks most recently loaded from CDs or import from your PC.
- Frequently Played: The top 30 tracks in terms of number of times played.
- Recently Played: The top 30 tracks most recently played.
- Favorite Playlist: You can manually store up to 100 tracks in your custom Favorite's Playlist.
Note: This unit does not support the Never Played playlist.
Display: The TDM-NC1 features its own LCD display that allows you to check the following information:
- Track number
- Track title
- Album name
- Artist name
- Genre category
- Playing time and remaining time of current track
Note: Music information is not viewable through your connected receiver's display.
On-Screen Display: In addition to the unit's integrated front-panel display, the TDM-NC1 also utilizes an on-screen menu when your connected receiver features a video monitor output to your television or is connected to your television using the unit's composite video output. You can then operate the following functions of the TDM-NC1 from the on-screen display - Music Surfin', Playlist, and Web Radio.
Wireless Remote Control: The TDM-NC1 comes supplied with a full-function IR wireless remote control to operate all the features of the Wireless Network Audio Adaptor. You can also operate basic functions of the TDM-NC1 using your connected Sony AV system's remote such as Play, Pause, Stop, Track Select and Fast Forward/Reverse. Dimensions of supplied remote: W = 2.135", D = 0.421" L = 5.598"
Web Radio: You can listen to preset Web Radio programs on your PC using the supplied M-crew Server software and your internet access point through your Sony AV system via the connected TDM-NC1.
Party Mode: If you have more than one TDM-NC1, you can enjoy listening to the same music from separate audio systems in different rooms of your home. You can add up to four guest units of the TDM-NC1.
Note: You cannot use the Web Radio function in Party Mode.
- Wired Network: Modular jack 10 Base-T/100 Base TX
- Wireless Network: Standard IEEE802.1 b/g, Channels 1 to 11
- Audio Output:1 Vrms (stereo, via Digital Media Port)
- Video Output: 1 VP-p 75 ohms (Video Out jack or via Digital Media Port)