About the Sony WH-CH700N
Convenience, comfort, and noise cancellation
The Sony WH-CH700N headphones play music wirelessly and offer active noise cancellation.
Convenience, comfort, and noise cancellation
When it comes to on-the-go headphones, Sony always seems to deliver. I've auditioned the Sony WH-C700N wireless noise-canceling headphones, and they are no exception. They boast a super-convenient feature set and a relaxed, well-padded fit that works well for travel, commute, and the office.
Music and podcasts play wirelessly from your phone. And Sony's active noise-canceling circuitry helps knock out external sounds. They succesfully canceled out the constant, low-end rumble of the HVAC system near my desk — so I'm confident they could handle the drone of a plane engine.
You get up to 35 hours of wireless noise-canceling use on fully charged battery. That was good for me — I'm horrible at remembering to recharge my headphones. In the week I tested these headphones, I never had to charge them up.
Good news if you do run out of juice: 10 minutes of recharging provides enough power for over an hour of listening. In fact, I went "old school" a few times and plugged them into a headphone jack with the included 3.5mm audio cable.
Pleasant fit and sound
I always dig the way Sony over-ears fit. The WH-CH700N felt lightweight on my head and didn't clamp too tightly against my glasses. Yet they stayed in place no matter how I move my head. I could easily wear them for long periods at a time.
The 40mm drivers offer a spacious, well-rounded sound. For the price, they perform very well. They are particularly strong in the mids and low-end, so expect clear vocals and hard-hitting bass.
A dedicated button on the right earcup scrolls through different levels of noise cancellation
Free mobile app for Apple® and Android™ phones
Download the free Sony Headphones Connect app to your phone, and you can customize the sound to suit your listening preferences. Tweak the equalization, sound presets, and more. You can even choose MORE bass.
Easy earcup controls for music, calls, and noise cancellation
Press a button on the left earcup to choose the appropriate level of noise cancellation for your surroundings. Buttons on the right earcup let you control your music and volume. If a call comes through, simply hit the answer button and talk through the built-in microphone. Your phone can stay in your pocket the whole time.
- closed-back, over-ear design
- active noise-canceling circuitry to minimize external noise
- Sony's AINC technology analyzes outside noise and optimizes noise-cancellation
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- aptX and AAC decoding provides high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible Android™ devices
- 40mm dynamic drivers tuned for deep, tightly controlled bass
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 35 hours of wireless use with noise cancellation
- 10 minutes of recharging provides enough power for 70 minutes of listening
- well-padded headband and soft oval earpads for comfort
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- earcup controls let you answer calls, play/pause music, skip tracks, and control volume
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple® and Android allows you to adjust sound levels
- select from sound presets like Outdoor Stage, Club, Hall, or Arena
- 4-foot detachable cable with 3.5mm miniplug connector for wired use
- includes USB cable for charging
- frequency response: 7-20,000 Hz (Bluetooth), 20-20,000 (wired)
- sensitivity: 97 dB
- impedance: 22 ohms (when connected via headphone cable with noise-cancellation "on")
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHCH700N/B
What's in the box:
- Wireless over-ear headphones (black)
- 4' Audio cable (straight and right-angled 3.5mm plugs)
- 20" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Limited Warranty (US and Canada)
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Sony WH-CH700N reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WH-CH700N
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.323" x 3.979"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||7-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WH-CH700N Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones give you the freedom to listen to your music without wires or distractions from ambient noise. The large 40mm drivers deliver deep bass and a wide frequency range. The headphones include a USB charging cable, and an audio cable for listening when you can't go wireless.
Bluetooth/NFC: The WH-CH700N has Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless listening from your smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth music player. The headphones are compatible with A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP profiles, and feature SBC, AAC, aptX, and aptX HD codecs for improved wireless sound quality. For NFC-enabled devices, you can easily pair to the headphones by simply touching the device to the N-mark on the left earcup of the headphones. The Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 30 feet.
DSEE: Sony's Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) is used to makes your compressed audio files sound better. When audio files are compressed, much of the high-frequency sounds are lost, making your music sound flat and lifeless. DSEE restores both high-frequency signals and fine fade-out sound, giving your music a more natural and expansive quality.
Artificial Intelligence Noise Cancelation: The headphones are equipped with built-in microphones on the top of the earcup that captures outside noise and sends and equal-but-opposite canceling signal to the unit. You'll be able to hear more of your music and less of the outside distractions. The Sony Headphones Connect app has a Noise Canceling Optimizer that takes into account the shape of your face, whether or not you wear eyeglasses, even the atmospheric pressure, to make the noise Canceling effect even better.
Sony Headphones Connect App: The Sony Headphones Connect app gives you control over the sound of your headphones right on your smartphone or tablet. The app lets you select from available presets for the Surround VPT, such as Arena, Club, Outdoor Stage, and Concert Hall. The 5-band Equalizer lets you manually adjust each frequency band (400, 1k, 2.5k, 6.3k, and 16k) by +/- 10dB, and save the settings in one of two Custom presets. You can also choose from Bright, Excited, Mellow, Relaxed, Vocal, Treble Boost, Bass Boost, and Speech preset EQ curves. The Sony Headphones Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices (Android 4.4 and up).
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony WH-CH700N over-ear headphones are equipped with a 3.65-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery to power the Bluetooth and Noise Cancelation functions. The battery fully charges in approximately 7 hours via USB using the included Micro USB cable. With a 10-minute Quick Charge, you can get about 60 minutes of music playback. (See battery life estimates below in Specifications.)
- Frequency Response:
- Wired: 7Hz to 20kHz (with or without NC)
- Wireless: 20Hz to 20kHz (with or without NC)
- Sensitivity: 97dB/mW (wired, NC on); 98dB/mW (wired, NC off)
- Impedance: 22Ω (wired, NC on); 48Ω (wired, NC off)
- Full Charging Time: approx. 7 hours
- Battery Life (estimated):
- Music Playback:
- 35 hours (wireless, NC on)
- 40 hours (wireless, NC off)
- 50 hours (wired, NC on)
- 35 hours (NC on)
- 40 hours (NC off)
- 35 hours (NC on)
- 200 hours (NC off)
- Music Playback:
- Earcups: Width 3.323" Height 3.979" Depth 1.896"
- Headband: Width 1.15"
- Weight: 8.2 ounces (w/o cable)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
12 questions already asked