About the Sony WF-1000X
100% wire-free earbuds with adaptive noise cancellation
The Sony WF-1000X headphones fit securely in-ear and offer noise cancellation that adapts to your surrounding.
100% wire-free earbuds with adaptive noise cancellation
The Sony WF-1000X are the only truly wireless headphones we carry to feature noise-cancellation. And Sony has developed some really smart and effective technology. Music plays wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth, and there is no cable connecting the left and right cable.
Sony's adaptive noise-cancelling circuitry adjusts to the level of external sound around you — it even takes into account your movement.
Sony's free mobile app lets you fine-tune the sound — and noise
You get pretty "smart" noise cancellation right out of the box — these headphones will automatically take into account your surroundings. But when you download the free Headphones Connect app to your Apple® or Android™ device, things really get intuitive. The app uses your phone's sensors to detect if your walking, running, or sitting still — and adjust the noise cancellation accordingly.
And you gain some cool manual controls, too. Customize the sound characteristics and level of noise cancellation. You can even choose to prioritize sound quality or connection stability. (That's helpful when competing with other wireless signals in a high-traffic area like an office or mall.)
A carrying case that recharges your earbuds wirelessly
When fully charged, the Sony WF-1000X earbuds offer up to three hours of music listening with noise cancellation. You just put them in the included carrying case to recharge them. The small charging case can bank up to 6 hours of power — or two full charges. 15 minutes inside the case gives you 75 minutes of wireless music and noise canceling.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- the first truly wireless noise-canceling headphones that we carry
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- 6mm dynamic drivers tuned for clear, detailed sound
- earbuds slightly angled for optimal fit, noise isolation, and sound
Adaptive Noise Cancellation:
- active noise cancellation circuitry adjusts to the level of external sound
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple and Android lets you adjust settings
- customize the sound and manually choose the level of noise cancellation
- prioritize sound quality or connection stability (helpful when competing with other signals in high-traffic area)
- Adaptive Sound Control uses your phone's movement sensors to adapt noise cancellation
- detects whether your running, walking, standing still, or riding in car (app required)
- Ambient Mode lets you hear external sounds without removing your earbuds
- controlled manually or automatically
Charging Case, Battery Information and Accessories:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 3 hours of listening with noise cancellation
- carrying case banks up to 6 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- 15 minutes inside the case provides enough power for 75 minutes of listening
- 2 sizes of silicone ear "fitting supporters" help secure and stabilize the earbuds as you move
- includes 7 pairs of ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- 4 sizes of long, spongy silicone rubber ear tips
- 3 sizes of silicone ear tips
- USB cable included for charging case
- controls on each earbud let you answer calls, control music playback, and adjust noise cancellation
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.24 ounces (each earbud) 2.47 ounces (case)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WF1000X/NM1
What's in the box:
- Left wireless ear bud (champagne gold)
- Right wireless ear bud (champagne gold)
- 4 Pairs of Long Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of Triple Comfort ear buds
- 2 Pairs of Fitting Supporters (1 pair installed)
- 21" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Charging case
- Operating Instructions
- Reference Guide
- Limited Warranty (US and Canada)
Sony WF-1000X Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WF-1000X
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||1.112" x 0.697"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WF-1000X Truly Wireless Noise Cancelling In-ear Headphones feature two independent ear buds with absolutely no connecting wires or headband. You simply insert the earbuds, start your music, and leave your phone in your pocket or purse. With Digital Noise Cancellation, Adaptive Sound Control, and onboard controls, the headphones make it easy to get the sound you want from your digital music files. The headphones include a Charging Case, USB charging cable, and seven pairs of ear tips.
Truly Wireless Design: The WF-1000X includes left and right ear buds that sit securely in your ears. The music playback controls are located on the bottom of the right ear bud. You can answer an incoming call by pressing the button on either ear bud. When using the Sony Headphones Connect app, you can control many more functions and features on your device.
Supplied Ear Tips: The in-ear headphones come with seven pairs of ear tips. The proper fit of the ear tips into your ear canals maximizes the audio performance, and the noise cancellation system. Four sizes of long hybrid silicone rubber ear tips are provided (large, medium, small, and super-small). The slightly thicker triple-comfort ear tips provide a snug fit for effective attenuation of ambient noise. The triple-comfort tips come in three sizes (large, medium, and small). Two pairs of Fitting Supporters are also included to help keep the ear buds in place. The Fitting Supporter's fin conforms to the shape of the upper ridge of your ear for a secure fit.
Bluetooth/NFC: The WF-1000X has Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless listening from your smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth music player. Compatible profiles include A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP, with SBC and AAC codecs. For NFC-enabled devices, you can easily pair to the headphones by simply touching the device to the N-mark on the bottom of the charging case when the ear buds are nearby. Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 30 feet.
Digital Noise Cancellation: The headphones are equipped with built-in microphones on the sides of the ear buds that capture outside noise and send and equal-but-opposite cancelling signal to the unit. You'll be able to hear more of your music and less of the outside distractions.
Adaptive Sound Control: Sony's Adaptive Sound Control can detect your activity and adjust the sound settings to you. When traveling, you can immerse yourself in your music with the highest level of noise cancellation. If you're walking, the noise cancellation adapts so you can stay aware of your surroundings while listening to music. While waiting, such as in an airport or train station, the noise cancellation is reduced so you can hear important announcements. These settings can be customized to your personal tastes in the Sony Headphones Connect app.
Sony Headphones Connect App: The Sony Headphones Connect app gives you control over the sound of your headphones right on your smartphone or tablet. In addition to Adaptive Sound Control (mentioned above), the app's Sound Position Control lets you choose the direction from which you hear your music (Front, Front Right, Front Left, Rear Right, or Rear Left). You can select from available presets for the Equalizer, and control your music (play/pause, skip forward/backward, fast forward/backward). The Sony Headphones Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (iOS 9.0 or later) and Android devices (Android 4.4 and up).
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony WF-1000X in-ear headphones are equipped with 3.7-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries in each ear bud to power the Bluetooth and ANC functions. The ear bud batteries are charged in the included charging case, which includes it own rechargeable battery. The ear buds cannot be charged without the case. The ear buds require approximately 1.5 hours to fully charge, while the case takes about 3 hours. The batteries charge via USB using the included Micro USB cable. With a fully charged battery in the charging case, you can charge the ear buds about 2 times. (See battery life estimates below in Specifications.)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz (44.1kHz sampling)
- Full Charging Time: approx. 1.5 hours (ear buds); 3 hours (case)
- Battery Life (estimated):
- Music Playback: Max. 3 hours (AAC codec), Max 2.5 hours (SBC codec); 70 minutes (after 15 min quick charge)
- Communications: Max. 3.5 hours
- Standby: 8 hours (NC or Ambient Sound mode on), 35 hours (NC/Ambient Sound off)
- Microphone Frequency Range: 50Hz to 8kHz
- Ear Buds: Width 1.112" Height 0.697" Depth 1.214"
- Charging Case: Width 4.05" Height 1.673" Depth 0.984"
- Weight: 2.5 ounces each
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked