About the Sony WF-C500
Bang — and bass — for the buck
The Sony WF-C500 true wireless earbuds are designed to fit securely and avoid pressure points.
Bang — and bass — for the buck
The sweatproof, 100% wire-free Sony WF-C500 headphones offer above-average performance for their price. They're tuned to deliver clear sound with deep, powerful bass. And they also offer reliable wireless performance, solid battery life, and a secure fit.
Music and podcasts play wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth 5.0. This is a newer version of Bluetooth that makes for easy pairing and a stronger wireless connection.
Comfortable "stay-put" fit
I've learned that in-ear headphones are only as good as their fit. You simply can't get a good workout or enjoy your commute if you are constantly adjusting your earbuds. Sony has included three sizes of silicone ear tips to help you get a comfortable, secure fit. And Sony's ergonomic design lends some relief to notorious in-ear pressure points.
You can wear both earbuds at the same time or one at a time. I find single-ear operation handy for phone calls — or popping in an earbud to listen to a podcast.
Sony's free mobile app lets you fine-tune the sound and noise cancellation
Download Sony's Headphones Connect mobile app for even more control over your music. You can customize the sound characteristics and adjust the EQ. You can also reconfigure the on-ear controls or set up Alexa or Google Assistant to activate via voice command through your paired phone. You can also control music and calls with the on-ear buttons.
Just 10 minutes inside the charging case offers one hour of listening.
Solid battery life and charging case
When fully charged, the Sony WF-C500 earbuds offer up to ten hours of music listening — that's great battery life for this category. The included charging case can bank up to ten more hours of power. And just 10 minutes inside the case gives you 60 minutes of wireless music.
- 100% wire-free headphones
- no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music listening and phone calls
- multi-point connection for pairing to two devices at once
- earbuds can be used one at a time or as a pair
- 5.8mm drivers tuned for clear, energetic sound with deep bass
- IPX4-rated sweatproof design
Charging case, battery information, and accessories:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offers 10 hours of listening
- carrying case banks up to 10 hours of power to wirelessly recharge headphones
- 10 minutes inside case provides enough power for 1 hour of listening
- USB-C cable included for charging case
Mobile app and easy controls:
- free Sony Headphones Connect app for Apple® and Android™ lets you adjust settings
- choose from sound presets or customize the EQ
- immersive Sony 360 reality audio playback with select music services
- on-ear buttons for control over music playback, volume, and calls
- access Alexa or Google Assistant voice control
- requires one-time setup through the app
- Google Fast Pair available for compatible Android phones
- can help you find lost or misplaced earbuds
- single-earbud operation for music and calls
General info and specs:
- includes 3 pairs of silicone ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WFC500/B
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless in-ear headphones
- Charging case
- 3 Pairs of hybrid silicone rubber ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 8" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Operating Instructions
- Notes on cleaning and charging
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WF-C500
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.919" x 0.785"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WF-C500 Truly Wireless In-ear Headphones feature separate left and right ear buds with no connecting wires to get in your way. With Bluetooth 5.0 you'll get a stable wireless connection and low latency for a better listening experience. The WF-C500s have an IPX4 rating for moisture resistance, so you'll know they are protected from splashes and sweat. The headphones include a protective Charging Case, charging cable, and three pairs of silicone rubber ear tips. The headphones come in environmentally-friendly packaging which contains no plastic, reducing the environmental impact of the product.
Truly Wireless Design: The WF-C500 includes separate left and right ear buds that sit securely in your ears. The Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and phone controls are located on the outside of each ear bud. When using the Sony Headphones Connect app, you can control many more functions and features on your device.
Driver: Each ear bud has an advanced 0.58" dynamic driver with neodymium magnets for excellent sound quality. The larger drivers help provide a more powerful and punchy bass response.
Supplied Ear Tips: The in-ear headphones come with three pairs of hybrid silicone rubber ear tips (large, medium, small). The proper fit of the ear tips into your ear canals maximizes the audio performance. These ergonomically-designed ear buds conforms to most ear shapes to fit securely and comfortably in your ears.
Bluetooth 5.0: The WF-C500 has Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless listening from your smartphone, tablet, or Bluetooth music player. The Bluetooth chip transmits sound to the left and right ear buds simultaneously to ensure a more stable connection and lower latency. Compatible profiles include A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP, with SBC and AAC codecs. Bluetooth wireless range is approximately 30 feet. Fast Pair lets you quickly and easily pair your headphones to Android devices. You can also check their last known location on your smartphone in case you've misplaced them.
Voice Assistant Function: The Sony WF-C500 lets you use your favorite phone-based voice assistant, including Google Assistant (Android) and Siri (iOS). You can access your Voice Assistant by pressing and holding the button on the right ear bud for about 2 seconds.
Sony Headphones Connect App: The Sony Headphones Connect app gives you control over the sound of your headphones right on your smartphone or tablet. You can tailor your sound to your personal preference. You can choose from multiple presets based on the genre of music you're listening to. There's also a Custom EQ which lets you create your own presets. The Sony Headphones Connect app is compatible with iOS devices (iOS 11.0 or later) and Android devices (Android 5.0 and up), as well as Windows and Mac.
DSEE: Sony's Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) helps to restore high frequency sounds which are lost in the digital compression process to give you a more authentic sound from your digital music tracks. The detail and richness of the music are restored, so your music sounds closer to the original recording.
360 Reality Audio: The WF-C500 is compatible with 360 Reality Audio which turns stereo listening into an immersive, spherical surround experience. When listening with headphones, music plays inside your head. With 360 Reality Audio, the music sounds like it's surrounding your head from multiple points. You can experience 360 Reality Audio with your smartphone, the ear buds, and a subscription to a compatible music streaming service, such as Deezer, Nugs.net, and Tidal.
Rechargeable Battery: The Sony WF-C500 in-ear headphones are equipped with 3.85-volt Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries in each ear bud to power the Bluetooth and audio functions. The ear bud batteries are charged in the included charging case, which includes it own 5V rechargeable battery. The ear buds cannot be charged without the case. The ear buds require approximately 2.5 hours to fully charge, while the case takes about 3 hours. A 10-minute quick-charge provides enough power for approxomately 60 minutes of playback time. The batteries charge via USB using the included USB-C cable. With a fully charged battery in the charging case, you can charge the ear buds one additional time for a total of 20 hours of listening. (See battery life estimates below in Specifications.)
- Battery Life (estimated):
- Music Playback: 10 hours max.
- Communication Time: 5 hours max.
- Bluetooth Transmission Range (A2DP): 20Hz - 20kHz (44.1 kHz sampling)
- Ear Buds: Width 0.919" Height 0.785" Depth 1.011"
- Charging Case: Width 3.155" Height 1.215" Depth 1.381"
- Ear Buds: 0.2 ounces each
- Charging Case: 1.24 ounces (empty)