About the Sony WI-SP510
Bass-heavy 'phones — in it for the long haul
The sweatproof WI-SP510 neckband earbuds play music wirelessly and offer up to 15 hours of music listening for long, grueling workouts
Bass-heavy 'phones — in it for the long haul
Few things get you hyped for a workout like hard-hitting bass. The Sony WI-SP510 sports earbuds are part of the EXTRA BASS series — a popular choice for those who enjoy bold, powerful low-end. Music plays wirelessly via Bluetooth 5.0, and these sweat-proof in-ears offer up to 15 hours of battery life. That should be enough listening time for marathoners in training — and the rest of us, too.
Sony uses a neckband so you get a little more stability while you move. This allows your head to move around more freely. The lightweight earbuds seem like they are hardly there at all. That is, until you hear the deep, punchy thump from the 12mm dynamic drivers.
Comfortable "stay-put" fit
I've learned that in-ear sports headphones are only as good as their fit. You simply can't get a good workout in if you are constantly adjusting your earbuds. Sony has included four sizes of silicone ear tips to help you get a comfortable, secure fit. And there are two sizes of winged "arc supporters" that help anchor the earbuds into place.
- Bluetooth 5.0 for wireless music and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- earbud cables connect to a soft, flexible neckband that rests comfortably around your neck
- 12mm dynamic drivers tuned to deliver clear sound with deep, punchy bass
- Extra Bass boost delivers enhanced low-frequency response
- IPX5-rated sweatproof design
- power, volume, and music playback/call controls on left side of neckband
- built-in microphone for making calls with your smartphone
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 15 hours of listening
- 10-minute quick charge provides enough power for 1 hour of listening
- three sizes of silicone ear tips for a customized, comfortable fit
- a pair of winged "arc supporters" to help further stabilize the earbuds
- magnetic earbuds let you snap them together to wear around your neck when not in use
- USB-C charging cable included
- weight: 0.74 ounces
- warranty: 1 year (parts), 90 days (labor)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 14068267
What's in the box:
- Wireless in-ear sports headphones (black) with neckband and 8.5" cables
- 4 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 3 Pairs of rubber arc supporters (1 pair installed)
- 8" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Reference Guide
- Limited Warranty (US + Canada)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sony WI-SP510
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.553" x 0.553"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||8.5" + 8.5"|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Sony WI-SP510 wireless in-ear sport headphones feature a 14-1/2" neckband that rests comfortably for all-day wearing. The ear buds are attached to the neckband via 8-1/2" cables. The headphones have an IPX5 waterproof rating to resist sweat and water splashes. The WI-SP510s feature Bluetooth 5.0, with a 15-hour battery life for music and phone calls on a single charge. The on-board controls are on the left side of the neckband. Four pairs of hybrid silicone ear tips and three pairs of arc supporters are included for best fit.
Drivers: The WI-SP510s are equipped with dynamic drivers to make your workout more enjoyable. The closed design naturally blocks much of the outside sound. Four sizes (SS, S, M, L) of silicone ear tips are included so you help you find the most comfortable and secure fit. In addition, three sizes (S, M, L) of arc supporters help keep the ear buds in place, even during the most rigorous activity. Each ear bud has a magnet to keep the cables from getting tangles when they're not in use.
Bluetooth 5.0: The wireless headphones feature Bluetooth 5.0 with a range of approximately 30 feet. They are compatible with the following Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, and HSP. The headphones support SBC and AAC codecs for improved sound quality.
Voice Assistants: The WI-SP510 wireless in-ear headphones are optimized to work with Siri (when connected to iOS devices) and the Google Assistant (with Android devices). You can speak through the headphones' built-in microphone to ask questions, perform voice commands, and control your connected devices.
Battery: The WI-SP510 has a built-in 3.7V Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, which charges in approximately 3 hours via USB. A fully-charged battery provides up to 15 hours of music playback or talk time, and up to 200 hours standby time. A 10-minute quick charge will give you approximately 60 minutes of music playback/talk time. Usage hours may vary depending upon the Codec you use.
- Bluetooth Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz (@ 44.1kHz)
- Battery: DC 3.7V
- Charge Time: Approx. 3 hours
- Music Playback Time: 15 hours max
- Talk Time: 15 hours max
- Quick Charge: 60 minutes music playback after 10 minute charge
- Standby Time: 200 hours max
- Ear Buds: Diameter 0.553" Depth 1.059"
- Neckband: Length 14.5"
- Cables: 8.5" each side
- Weight: 1.1 ounces